Legendaries Re-Catchable

Olman

148234 I think that its a terrible idea. Make legendaries tradable is a way better option in my opinion.

Some people say no because some will create new acc and stuff... But still, creating a new acc just for some legendaries is a lot of time invested, especially for legendaries like Mew that require 350+ hours. I dont see any problem with making legendaries tradable.

+1 to this, although if the devs are really against the idea, making legends re-catchable is still much better than nothing.

148230 I can't agree with this thread more. Putting unlucky players at a permanent disadvantage in pvp is a bad idea. This is especially true in cases where there is a server crash or a personal disconnect from the player. A system can easily be implemented where a player can release their legendary and re-catch it after a 2 week cooldown for example.
148225 Mew is super strong in Pvp, idd. prepare the catch and fine. if ur synch fails.. well.. its still mew. Its useable anyway as a taunt willowisp guy.

For celebi, ( i got a synch calm one with 5x 27+.. ) well, celebi is rly weak in pvp just cuz of its typing. doesnt matter. so EVEN IF u kill both legendaries, u arent by any means worse in pvp. Neither mew, nor celebi are like a freewin.

You are actually worse off. Just because it isn't game breaking doesn't mean you aren't at a disadvantage. Every other pokemon in the game has a method of re-catching except these. Also celebi is very strong in pvp. It functions as a baton passer or bulky support pokemon with utility moves such as stealth rocks, heal bell, thunder wave, etc.

As you said, the best idea draw from your point is ban legend from pvp, so you will not say "Putting unlucky players at a permanent disadvantage in pvp is a bad idea" Everyone then will fair then. And bear in mind that pvp not belong to only 1 pokemon also, it is the strategy and also how to deal with team :/

Legendaries add more options for team building and fill some unique roles in the metagame. I would rather have them than not have them, especially when the current problem with legendaries in pvp is easily fixable.

148158 naw but having them recatable if you d/c or killed it but onyl ONCE will be better cuz alot of players have killed by mistake or misclick or server crashed while they were getting it. Its only fair

if they killed it is their fault tbh

148159 By Legendaries you mean Celebi and Mew right?

yes, those are the only obtainable

you havnt ever misclicked? not everytime they kill its their fault, but my option might be the best only let those who killed/disconnect be able to recatch , i think it was doggy dat lost his mew due to crash.i understand that they dont give back lost pokes for crash but legends is a diff issue is it not?

Zezu.jpg

YVuBCg9.png

148158 naw but having them recatable if you d/c or killed it but onyl ONCE will be better cuz alot of players have killed by mistake or misclick or server crashed while they were getting it. Its only fair

if they killed it is their fault tbh

148159 By Legendaries you mean Celebi and Mew right?

yes, those are the only obtainable

you havnt ever misclicked? not everytime they kill its their fault, but my option might be the best only let those who killed/disconnect be able to recatch , i think it was doggy dat lost his mew due to crash.i understand that they dont give back lost pokes for crash but legends is a diff issue is it not?

that's why im suggesting this if you killed it or lost it by rollback you can wait an amount of time to have another shot.

Mew and celebi are very powerfull in pvp and I'm agree with not being tradeable but lets be honest the chance of getting a decent for pvp in one oportunity it's very low

148234 I think that its a terrible idea. Make legendaries tradable is a way better option in my opinion.

Some people say no because some will create new acc and stuff... But still, creating a new acc just for some legendaries is a lot of time invested, especially for legendaries like Mew that require 350+ hours. I dont see any problem with making legendaries tradable.

Nah, it still make people to clone nick and attempt to get better legend, 350+ hours is not long enough for people "don't clone nick for farm legend". Better not trade and make 1 people only can have 1 kind of legend is better

Legendaries that are not considered Uber do affect the PvP a lot though.

I'd rather say just leave as it is, but to increase the donations (better server, less lag, more content) I'd like to suggest an item

that will ROTATE the nature and/or IVs of the legendary. It could stay bad, or maybe become good. Since legendaries are character bound anyway, the items won't have any impact on all the other pokemon.

The beauty of pokemon is that an unskilled player is sometimes the greatest threat to a skilled player, because they have absolutely no idea of what they're doing.

This whole system was discussed for weeks and weeks right at the start (late 2014). this was the best way forward. Legendaries were never intended for solely pvp use. mainly for showing off how far youve progressed. if you got a bad one, shit happens. Both of mine are terrible, but you dont see me changing anything anytime soon, because that is how it needs to work. some people say it isn't fair, but life isnt fair.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.