I have questions (•̀ᴗ•́)و

Jackthewit

Hello fellow trainer’s,

I just downloaded and tried revolution and I’m quite enjoying it.

But because MMO type games a re huge time sink I would like to avoid to sink in too much time and would like some explanations about the game.

- Like how much it exactly follows the original plot of the game like the Kanto starting region is it 1:1 or how much at all?

- how the Pokémon are distributed over the maps? I happily seen that on the first route are already quite a bit Pokémon also from the second generation already which I definitely appreciate.

- is it viable to speak with all the normal NPC characters around or do they provide only lore ? I also really enjoyed that Jenny was giving out quest’s will there be more random quests like this spread around the map?

- are there invisible items around or just the visible Pokeballs lying around? Like the sparkly items on floors in OG Pokémon games or in trash cans ? Is it worth it to check everything and everyone out there like the houses and try to rob the poor villagers is there even anything ? 😄

- are there any cosmetics beside the real money shop ? I don’t mind to support the developer but I just want to know if I should look out for some merchants out in the cities.

- what are must haves from the shop? Like beside the mounts which I think are must haves, and how often it gets new stuff in? I need this to know because if I like something from the money ingame shop and I hesitate too much I would be upset when I log in and it’s gone already XD

- also how it is with the HMs ? Hof far in Game they are will I get to them quickly or is it far and then I need to do a lot of backtracking to get the let’s say item pokeballs …? Or should I get all the shop things to use them and not the actual HM slave style ?

- would I enjoy the game more far into it when I focus on just pve and take my time with the story? Also I really like that the IVs are more fixed and breeding isn’t a thing here damn I hate breeding so much 🙂

- are the maps just like inspired and hardly similar to the OG games ? 

Also are there some mods to add 3D sprites like in Pokemmo ? I tried today Pokemmo but I must say even as i added mods and it looks nice now it feels like a chore to play a heavily OG Pokémon game completely through… even as the content is made harder what I read on the internet i not that much nostalgic to play the Pokémon game that I played as a kid a Dosen of times already all over again ~_~

Lastly because of the IVs which are fixed do I really need to bother too much about it for let’s say casual gaming and maybe some pvp here and there for fun ??? Or is it enough to get a good nature and ability? Or even that is maybe not that of a big deal for the stuff I want from the game ?

Thank you a lot in advance I hope I find some nice soul which gives me the answers to my questions.
Stay happy you lovely Sausages! (•̀ᴗ•́)و

PS: I’m so sorry for the long text I hope you guys help me <3

• Checked/Done 1

Dear @Jackthewit

First of all, I would like to thank you for playing PRO. We hope you enjoy the game.

1. Like how much it exactly follows the original plot of the game like the Kanto starting region is it 1:1 or how much at all?

[Answer] The storyline is based on and nearly the same as the original plot, but not as 1:1. There are some extra quests like Officer Jenny's quest and some extra contents like Halloween event which will be started on 1st October 2023

2. How the Pokémon are distributed over the maps? I happily seen that on the first route are already quite a bit Pokémon also from the second generation already which I definitely appreciate.

[Answer] You can find many Pokemon from different regions across many maps. You can check spawned Pokemon on each map by either top-right corner, Pokedex, or PRO Official Discord #Bot-commands with command ^s PokemonName and ^s MapName. The logic of Pokemon distribution remains a secret.

You can join our Discord here: PRO Official Discord.

3. Is it viable to speak with all the normal NPC characters around or do they provide only lore? I also really enjoyed that Jenny was giving out quest’s will there be more random quests like this spread around the map?

[Answer]  All NPCs can provide you many things from lores, movies' quotes, to quests. As you have guessed, there are many quests across all regions. For early game, I suggest you to do Officer Jenny's quests for PokeDollar.

4. Are there invisible items around or just the visible Pokeballs lying around? Like the sparkly items on floors in OG Pokémon games or in trash cans ? Is it worth it to check everything and everyone out there like the houses and try to rob the poor villagers is there even anything ?

[Answer] There are both visible Pokeballs and invisible items hiding around. Some visible Pokeballs are respawnable after some cooldown too. So if you like playing little detective, it is worth to check around.

5. Are there any cosmetics beside the real money shop ? I don’t mind to support the developer but I just want to know if I should look out for some merchants out in the cities.
[Answer] There are many cosmetics from quests, bosses, PvE shop, PvP shop. You can even buy cosmetics from Coin shop (real money shop) with PokeDollar (in-game money) since coin can be traded among player as item 'Coin Capsule' which worths 100 coins.

Coin Capsule as tradable item:

image.png.d80c2507be2e442fb0670b0bbebd8a6a.png

image.png.0a8ef51c64acc716f36875375749e4bb.png

6. What are must haves from the shop? Like beside the mounts which I think are must haves, and how often it gets new stuff in? I need this to know because if I like something from the money ingame shop and I hesitate too much I would be upset when I log in and it’s gone already XD
[Answer] I would suggest tools that allow you to cut, dig, headbutt without having Pokemon with those specific moves in your team.

image.png.18fcd3182ec29109ecdd9bb3a5c3fd3e.png

For mounts, you can get some free mounts from quests and bosses. The earliest access to free mount is Arcanine mount which requires to surf from Fuchsia city. You can check out for the Arcanine mount quest here: Arcanine Mount Quest.

Normally, new coin items will be added during special events i.e. Easter event, Summer event, Halloween event, and Xmas event. And sometimes comes as a surprise. So please check coin shop during Halloween event.

7. Also how it is with the HMs ? Hof far in Game they are will I get to them quickly or is it far and then I need to do a lot of backtracking to get the let’s say item pokeballs …? Or should I get all the shop things to use them and not the actual HM slave style ?

[Answer]
HM01-Cut: You can get it from SS.Anne Captain in Vermilion city as original game.
HM02-Fly: Fly cannot be used outside-of-battle. We use public transport with some PokeDollar as a fee. However, HM02-Fly is for unlocking further contents such as train, Trainers' Valley, Boss Nikola. You can get HM02-Fly from Route 16 which requires a bike and 50K PokeDollar.
HM03-Surf: The HM lies inside a house in Fuchsia Safari as original game.
HM04-Strength: Not in-game and no need to push boulders. 
HM05-Flash: Oak's Aide on Route 2 will give you as original game with the requirement of having 10 caught dex.
HM06-Dive: Steven in Mossdeep city, Space center 1F will give you after you beat Mossdeep gym.
HM07-Waterfall: You can get it from Cave of Origin B3F (Hoenn) and if you miss it, you can get it from Sinnoh Safari Area Zone 4.

You can either get a Pokemon as HM Pokemon slave or buy tools from coin shop. (You still cannot use tools if you do not obtain specific HM first.)

You can check all TMs, HMs, and tutors here: TMs & Move Tutors

You can check game guides here: Kanto Walkthrough, Johto Walkthrough, Hoenn Walkthrough, Sinnoh Walkthrough.

You can buy normal consumable items like potions and Pokeballs from all PokeMart from most of the cities.

8. Would I enjoy the game more far into it when I focus on just pve and take my time with the story? 
[Answer] You can play any playstyles you like. For PvE aspect, after you have completed all 4 regions (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh), you can have fun with extra contents like Love Island, Sevii Island, Pinkan Island, Daily quests (Celadon daily, Daycare quest, Bug Catching Contest, Excavation, News Reporter quest), also Multi-player hunting quests on every Saturday (Multi-player Bug Catching Contest, Multi-player Fishing Contest), and many events and quests (Easter event, Summer event, Halloween event, and Xmas event). The fun is never-ending.

9. Are the maps just like inspired and hardly similar to the OG games ? 
[Answer] There are many inspired maps that do not belong in the original games. 

10. Are there some mods to add 3D sprites like in Pokemmo ?
[Answer] Unfortunately, there are not any mods for the game.

11. Lastly because of the IVs which are fixed do I really need to bother too much about it for let’s say casual gaming and maybe some pvp here and there for fun?
[Answer] For story, you can mostly use any Pokemon to beat it. For PvP without hunting perfect IVs Pokemon, you can play Random Battle which the system will randomly pick a team for you and your opponent. Or you can PvP for fun with your friends and your guildmates.

Random PvP:

image.png.b4270fe2c7c3a7eba23db024418fe627.png

I hope my answer can help you. If you have more questions, feel free to ask. 

Best regards, 
PinkFurret

• Like 4

I really really appreciate the effort you put in your answer and I want to thank you for your time you spend on writing the text. Thank you very help’s me a long and even shows me what a nice community and support this games has.

Yesterday I played so some hours straight until the morning and was just having fun in the chat a trying to catch the shinx on route one (unfortunately I get only one and not the ideal one but I accept the challenge and will continue hunting him down today evening ). I must say I have a blast playing it and I love it finally I found a Pokémon game which I can get excited over again. I’ve tried al the latest Pokémon entries but … it didn’t catch me anymore like it was in the past .. but I often tried but I always failed to keep me interested. But this game is everything I ever wanted from a Pokémon game the difficulty is great the community is awesome, I love the cosmetics the style is nice and it has something different then “just” replaying the og games or being disappointed about the newest ones. And god/arceus thanks there is no breeding and finally finally it matters to find a good Pokémon and just normal Pokémon hunting not just shiny hunting matters again ! I love it and I’m looking forward for the journey in this wonderful designed game.

i tried before Pokemmo spend over an hour installing all the mods and the quit after 30 minutes of gameplay as I got bored of the same boring spawns on routes and also the way more OG style poke game it is . After at least 2 hours of YouTube videos about it a definitely decided to not even want to start it and never come to the poke breeding end game hell it has .

I’m so glad Pokémon revolution is how it is.

I was happy to support the Devs with 20 euro and got some jive things and damn I’m now a purple Among Us character riding on a shiny Hunter Mount what also could possibly beat this XD jokes by side i like this small details and fun additions for customisation it show the devs have Humor and fun making the game. I will definitely support further in the future and I hope I can enjoy the Halloween event even I early game and I’m looking forward what will come next.

May Arceus bless you all you lovely sausage’s in this community and thanks \(^ヮ^)/

• Like 3

• Developer
22 minutes ago, Jackthewit said:

Yesterday I played so some hours straight until the morning and was just having fun in the chat a trying to catch the shinx on route one (unfortunately I get only one and not the ideal one but I accept the challenge and will continue hunting him down today evening ).

It's important to note that Pokemon are rarer outside their original region. Shinx is quite rare in Kanto while it's less rare in Sinnoh.

• Like 1