Server Stability Concern

Sk8trgod618

Hello :)

Not sure if it's just me, but I'm becoming more and more concerned with the seemingly increasing number of server crashes, and with longer duration.

I'm sure many other players are wondering, as much as I am, what the answers to these questions might be:

*Is the cause known?

*If so; what, if anything, is being done to prevent it?

*Will the instability of servers continue?

*Will it ever stop?

I understand if these questions can't be answered, but I haven't seen anyone asking or answering so thought I'd give it a shot and ask. Just wondering if anyone might be able to shed some light on this issue.

I'm not here to complain, I just feel somewhat left in the dark, when it comes to this topic.

Thanks for reading.

149041 *Is the cause known?

From speculation as well as the development team point out hints, the answer to this is yes. (Threadlocking is the known term they has pointed out)

149041 *If so; what, if anything, is being done to prevent it?

*Will it ever stop?

The developers state in the future, they will solve the issue so you will probably have to get used to the stability issues as this game IS known to be in BETA if you check the website when you signed up.

149041 *Is the cause known?

From speculation as well as the development team point out hints, the answer to this is yes. (Threadlocking is the known term they has pointed out)

149041 *If so; what, if anything, is being done to prevent it?

*Will it ever stop?

The developers state in the future, they will solve the issue so you will probably have to get used to the stability issues as this game IS known to be in BETA if you check the website when you signed up.

Regardless of the fact that it is BETA means very little - considering a game like this won't ever truly leave the title BETA behind. With that said though - A lot of freezing and crashing happens due to how certain players interact with NPCs - NPCs are basically just lines of script that execute commands in a continuing order to make the NPC complete a certain action that makes it seem realistic (Or as realistic as a Pokemon game can be) so if a very complex NPC exist (This often happens when new scripters get on the team - Well; It did when I was on the team a while back) it can very easily crash the server due to many players using the same NPC at the once - this is also why certain quest take a long time to make. So the term Threadlocking can be used in a very vague way - but there isn't just one main reason - there are several ways the server can crash.

Onto it being fixed, everything can be fixed, but as more content is added - more content is bugged. So there will always be crashes - The frequency of them can be less frequent. It just depends on how thorough content is worked on.

“Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see.”

There are a few (1 or 2) major reasons behind the game continuesly crashing rather frequently. Which i cannot say due to the possibly of it being exploited to a certain degree in order to increase this rate. But the fact that they are known is a starting point to fixing those issues. NPC script crashes are rather rare occurances, in which they're easily fixable in such occasions. Ofcourse we can't always hide behind the mask of BETA. But considering that we are still in early beta in comparrison, those issues are not that rare in fanmade games. All we can do is to be patient :)

spacer.png

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

149110 There are a few (1 or 2) major reasons behind the game continuesly crashing rather frequently. Which i cannot say due to the possibly of it being exploited to a certain degree in order to increase this rate. But the fact that they are known is a starting point to fixing those issues. NPC script crashes are rather rare occurances, in which they're easily fixable in such occasions. Ofcourse we can't always hide behind the mask of BETA. But considering that we are still in early beta in comparrison, those issues are not that rare in fanmade games. All we can do is to be patient :)

I think this is the kind of feedback we need. It sheds a lot of light on the current situation even without necessarily revealing the reasons (which as you said could be potentially exploited).

I for one appreciate this feedback massively, and feel glad knowing that it's being worked on behind the scenes as we've not heard much about it before. So thank you!