Moves and team synnergy help (with Umbreon tank backbone)

Boozfob

1. 1.

Hi!

I started playing this 2 weeks ago because of the nostalgia and have collected a few of the pokemons i want, one of them being an eevee which i will evolve into an Umbreon, but i need some help with which moves i should learn.

When i was younger i never bothered with synnergy between the moves or between my diffrent pokemon or anything like that, so im completely new to this part of Pokemon. Since all the moves/movesets that people recommend on Youtube etc isnt available in this (As far as i know atleast(payback etc)) i thought i would make a thread about it to learn which moves i should learn my pokemon and why.

Im also thinking about synnergy with the rest of the team, my plan atm is to just get the pokemons i like and make the best with what i have, but i do like to minmax so i would like to make the individual pokemons and the synnergy between them as good as possible.

The pokemons i will use for sure are Umbreon and Zangoose.

Other pokemon i like but havent decided if i want yet etc: Weavile, Absol, Talonflame, Arcanine, Kabutops.

Umbreon: So right now im thinking about keeping Bite (because the flinch feels more useful than the bonuses of Feint attack or Assurance etc).

Moonlight feels a little bit meh, but i obviously need some way to get HP, so maybe Moonlight too.

Then maybe some way to remove the status effects of my team (Not sure if i really need this though because of possible glass cannon team, but good for umbreon atleast)

Then i dont really know..

Earlier today i also read about the egg move tutor and asked about it in help chat and if i understood it correctly that move tutor (Once unlocked) will learn me moves the you only get by breeding pokemon in the normal Pokemon games, if this is the case, does that mean i can get every move in the Bulbapedia page under the section "By breeding"?

Right now my biggest question is if i should get any moves before evolving to Umbreon.

I think that is all (for now), thanks in advance. :)

If you plan on getting pokemon like absol and talonflame,you will run into problems. In jhoto and kanto, fletchling is pretty darn rare and its the same thing with absol because you can only get it at the top of mount silver. If you really want to have an easier time getting talonflame, fletchinders and talonflames are fairly common in trainers valley.

2przbrr.jpg

not really recommend umbreon for your main attacker since umbreon have low atk. Some players use umbreon for stall instead.

if you really want flinch so badly, i might recommend togekiss with Serene Grace and air slash.

your wanted pokemons overall weak against fighting except talonflame, some fighting have rock moves too which is annoying for talonflame.

If you want a long run party, you need to think about it again, 6 "glass cannon" type is no good especially when you fight bosses in the game.

yes "by breeding" means all, if you see one of move missing, please report us.

149349 not really recommend umbreon for your main attacker since umbreon have low atk.

I will use Umbreon as my tank

149349 if you really want flinch so badly, i might recommend togekiss with Serene Grace and air slash.

The only reason i want bite (flinch) is because the side effects of the other moves doesnt seem worth it in comparison. Assurance seems okay but feint attack feels like a worthless move tbh :P

149349 your wanted pokemons overall weak against fighting except talonflame, some fighting have rock moves too which is annoying for talonflame.

Ye, fighting pokemons will be annoying for sure. I will probably use atleast 1 psychic pokemon though, i just dont know which one yet.

149349 If you want a long run party, you need to think about it again, 6 "glass cannon" type is no good especially when you fight bosses in the game.

Thats why i want Umbreon as a tanky pokemon, i may even get more tanky ones, i just dont know which ones i want yet.