Ralts Pink - "Sold"

5 minutes ago, Metalgreymon said:

Good Morning @Ehkoe,

The only thing that was asked of the Mod was to confirm the winner due to the time at which @Imtcracka was in doubt, his bid was after the time and I had even exposed the winner, I just called one Mod out of respect for the other. Now about whether or not the player has funds at that exact moment, it doesn't matter, I could wait for him to switch Silver/Gold accounts if that's the case. I believe there is a rush to the real winner.
 I continued the negotiation, because it was proven that @Chizune really had the funds.

Please withdraw my punishment, I did not do it in bad faith.
Thanks

• Administrator

Hi @Metalgreymon

Just to make this really clear, I will walk you through step by step why this outcome was reached. I'd rather take the time to show you, to prevent this happening again, than to leave you to potentially make this mistake again, because it seems you misunderstand which bid was the winning bid and why.

So to kick off, this auction started at 9:43PM GMT+0 on Saturday, lasting 48hours, meaning that it was due to end (if there was no bids in the last 15 minutes) at 9:43PM GMT+0 Monday/yesterday evening.

The final bid made during the auction, was Chizune's bid of 4.3M. Imtcracka's bid of 10CCs + 600K (4.4M) was posted at 9:52PM GMT+0, meaning that it was too late to be considered a valid bid.

Because this is a Gold only auction, the account making the bid must be a Gold account, and have the funds on that Gold account at the time of making the bid, or explicitly mention the account they are making the bid from, if it doesn't match the one they are posting from. Because this was not a Cross Server auction, Chizune's Gold account did not have the funds to fulfil the offer at the time of making the bid (because they play that account from Silver), this bid was invalid, and a False Bid/Offer. 

In order to determine the winner where there is a false offer made, the winning bid will fall to the runner-up. Because Imtcracka's bid was valid, this became the winning bid. Here is the Auction Rule that describes this in more detail:

On 2/13/2019 at 10:19 PM, Ehkoe said:

4. Auction winners must be publicly announced.

- In-game: A trade post must be made to announce the end of the auction, with the winning bidder's username and bid amount.

- Forum: A reply on the auction thread must be made with a screenshot of the completed trade window.

In the event that the auctioned Pokemon/Item is traded to the wrong player, the trade will be forcefully reversed and traded to the rightful winner.

In the event that the winning bid is a false offer, the bid will be made void, and the auction win will be offered to the runner-up. Runner-ups are not obligated to honour their bid in these cases. Where no runner-up is available, the auction will be made null and void.

Please let me know if this makes sense, or if you need further explanation.

• PRO RULES | HOW TO REPORT PUNISHMENT POLICY | DISCORD •

Please do not contact staff members for private support.

Share your questions on the forums, as they can then be of use to others.

4 minutes ago, Ehkoe said:

Hi @Metalgreymon

Just to make this really clear, I will walk you through step by step why this outcome was reached. I'd rather take the time to show you, to prevent this happening again, than to leave you to potentially make this mistake again, because it seems you misunderstand which bid was the winning bid and why.

So to kick off, this auction started at 9:43PM GMT+0 on Saturday, lasting 48hours, meaning that it was due to end (if there was no bids in the last 15 minutes) at 9:43PM GMT+0 Monday/yesterday evening.

The final bid made during the auction, was Chizune's bid of 4.3M. Imtcracka's bid of 10CCs + 600K (4.4M) was posted at 9:52PM GMT+0, meaning that it was too late to be considered a valid bid.

Because this is a Gold only auction, the account making the bid must be a Gold account, and have the funds on that Gold account at the time of making the bid, or explicitly mention the account they are making the bid from, if it doesn't match the one they are posting from. Because this was not a Cross Server auction, Chizune's Gold account did not have the funds to fulfil the offer at the time of making the bid (because they play that account from Silver), this bid was invalid, and a False Bid/Offer. 

In order to determine the winner where there is a false offer made, the winning bid will fall to the runner-up. Because Imtcracka's bid was valid, this became the winning bid. Here is the Auction Rule that describes this in more detail:

Please let me know if this makes sense, or if you need further explanation.

Now I understand. Thank you
With that, it would be possible to take away my punishment.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Metalgreymon said:

Now I understand. Thank you
With that, it would be possible to take away my punishment.

Hi @Metalgreymon

I have removed your ban - I will make some amendments in the rules in the coming week or so to try offer more clarity on these points, to prevent any confusion in the future also. 

• Like 1

• PRO RULES | HOW TO REPORT PUNISHMENT POLICY | DISCORD •

Please do not contact staff members for private support.

Share your questions on the forums, as they can then be of use to others.

• Yellow locked this topic