Certain pokemon being locked behind a paywall.

Oan

Hello, 

I'm a newly started PRO player. I'm on my 5th gym in the Kanto region and I'm in a predicament where my favorite Pokémon of all time is locked behind this paywall of a "PRO Membership". Now I understand cosmetics, mounts and even buffs being able to be purchased with IRL money. To have fundamental fan favorite Pokémon locked behind these paywalls frustrates myself and I'm assuming many other players. The Pokémon I'm personally speaking about is the Dratini line. Dratini, Dragonair and Dragonite all locked behind this "exclusive safari zone" in the safari zone. All research I've done comes back to "wait to get to Johto it's easier" "unreachable in kanto unless you pay to win". I just don't understand why casual players can't have the same experience to catch all the Pokemon from the Kanto region IN Kanto without paying for it. If my research is wrong I would love to hear the solution on how and where to find the Dratini line in Kanto. 

17 minutes ago, Oan said:

Hello, 

I'm a newly started PRO player. I'm on my 5th gym in the Kanto region and I'm in a predicament where my favorite Pokémon of all time is locked behind this paywall of a "PRO Membership". Now I understand cosmetics, mounts and even buffs being able to be purchased with IRL money. To have fundamental fan favorite Pokémon locked behind these paywalls frustrates myself and I'm assuming many other players. The Pokémon I'm personally speaking about is the Dratini line. Dratini, Dragonair and Dragonite all locked behind this "exclusive safari zone" in the safari zone. All research I've done comes back to "wait to get to Johto it's easier" "unreachable in kanto unless you pay to win". I just don't understand why casual players can't have the same experience to catch all the Pokemon from the Kanto region IN Kanto without paying for it. If my research is wrong I would love to hear the solution on how and where to find the Dratini line in Kanto. 

See bro its not necessary to pay

Like i hvent even used a single IRL money but still i m able to enjoy the game at its max..

As a newbie u hve two solutionss

1) Completing story line

2) Purchase a dratini from someone else.... It would cost 5-10k (A normal one) or u can even get it for free from a nice personn..

Discord Username : Anuj#4443 [Not active nowadays]

Alternate Id >>>> SHADOWBEAST56

shadow-mewtwo.gif

26 minutes ago, Oan said:

Hello, 

the game has p2w elements for sure but this isn't one of them.

1. you are at gym 5 in Kanto(the first region) even in the regular games(FireRed/ LeafGreen) you wouldn't be able to catch this line yet

2. there is no "paywall" for these spawns as there are multiple other ways to get them which can be reached by simply doing the basic requirement i.e. the storyline.

3. The Pokemon you want (Dragonite) is a pseudo-legendary meaning that it has to be made much harder to obtain than regular pokemon which is why similar pokemon like beldum,Axew, ttar all have limited spawns and aren't easy to find especially when you haven't completed the whole story and unlocked most of what the game has to offer

57 minutes ago, Riddoe said:

the game has p2w elements for sure but this isn't one of them.

1. you are at gym 5 in Kanto(the first region) even in the regular games(FireRed/ LeafGreen) you wouldn't be able to catch this line yet

2. there is no "paywall" for these spawns as there are multiple other ways to get them which can be reached by simply doing the basic requirement i.e. the storyline.

3. The Pokemon you want (Dragonite) is a pseudo-legendary meaning that it has to be made much harder to obtain than regular pokemon which is why similar pokemon like beldum,Axew, ttar all have limited spawns and aren't easy to find especially when you haven't completed the whole story and unlocked most of what the game has to offer

Exactly ^^

Discord Username : Anuj#4443 [Not active nowadays]

Alternate Id >>>> SHADOWBEAST56

shadow-mewtwo.gif

On 11/19/2023 at 2:22 PM, Oan said:

Hello, 

Greetings @Oan

I understand your frustration regarding this but the game is absolutely NOT pay to win. I will now explain it to you part by part. 

Firstly, the Membership(more info here) is not just obtainable by donating to the game. You can also buy Coin Capsules from the Trade chat to get 100 coins from them which you can use to buy the Membership from the Coin Shop along with Mounts, Cosmetics and other items. You can also ask in the Trade Chat to buy the specific items. 

Although some spawns are only MS exclusive(For example, Honedge), 99% of the Pokemon also have a Non-MS spawn accessible to everyone. I will explain that now.
For example, Dratini does not just have a Kanto spawn in the Safari Exclusive, which is indeed MS only. You can also catch Dratini in Love Island(more info here) that is a Kanto spawn(with specific requirements) and Dragons Den in Johto. 
You can join our Official Discord Server(click to join), to check spawns by using the command ^s pokename/mapname

Here you can see that the large majority of spawns in the game are Non-MS.

Spoiler
Dratini
#Map                          Area        Daytime  Rarity  MS   Level  Item
Dragonspiral Tower 6F         Land        M/D/N    Rare    No   25-31  -
Frozen Cave B2F               Land        M/D      Rare    No   25-31  -
Breezy Path                   Surf        M/N      Rare    Yes  21     -
Dragons Den                   Surf        M/D/N    Rare    No   55-59  -
Dragons Shrine                Surf        M/D/N    Rare    No   60-64  -
Evergreen Island Frozen Cave  Surf        M/N      Rare    No   25-31  -
Evergreen Island Frozen Path  Surf        M/N      Rare    No   25-31  -
Love Island                   Surf        N        Rare    No   18-22  -
Mt. Coronet 4F                Fish        M/D/N    Rare    No   25-30  -
Safari Exclusive              Surf        M/D/N    Rare    Yes  34-38  Dragon Scale
Draconic Site                 Excavation  M/D/N    Rare    No   13-14  -

I would also like to thank @Darksoul56 and @Riddoe, both for helping them. As they said, more things become available as you make progress into the storyline. 
This is a Pokemon game. Players are supposed to beat gyms and explore all of the regions, step by step you get more Pokemon to catch and much more. Completing all regions is overall quite easy, and you can finish faster than you expect. 
Being a multiplayer game, it is also to be considered that some Pokemon may have a heavier impact on the PvP and PvE environments and thus, are harder to get than the others.

I hope this helps answer all your questions. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any more concerns regarding this. 

Have a great day,
Fus1onflare

Edited by Fus1onflare
  • Like 1

image.gif.4659ccad55390ba490df6abd38f1be2b.gif

General Support / Bug Resolution / General Complaint Report Center / Discipline Appeals

Have a question, or facing an issue with something in the game?

->Make a thread to reach out to us in the correct subforum.

Please do not contact us for private support.

Know that, sharing your questions in forums can be useful to other players.