Ingame Chat control

Leochaos

I've no idea how hard it would be to add or if it's viable, but after being in the help channel trying to help people I think a report function for ingame chat would be a good improvement.

Obviously there's not going to be a mod online 24/7, but at the moment help chat especially is just filled with everything really, and trying to help people is hard because their posts are getting lost in people selling and rating, as soon as any of us trying to help tell them to go to the other rooms we get abuse and the person needing help is left on their own, taking away from their experience of the game.

An ability to report could help limit it at least and better if there's reasons on there, it could do nothing until enough people have reported a user for the same thing, then an automatic mute for a time depending on what the reports are for, if it keeps happening, they get flagged for a mods attention and receive a warning or something along that path.

The addition of some other channels could alleviate the issue too, such as a rate channel since that seems one of the biggest causes.

I did try to search and got no results back so apologies if this has been suggested before.

ge6aLM7.png

152672 The addition of some other channels could alleviate the issue too, such as a rate channel since that seems one of the biggest causes.

I totally agree with you in this part. Ratings take over main channels like "all" and "help" and I have seen many players diverge regarding where it should be posted. In this scenario newcomers get even more confused than experienced PRO players on where to get advices on this. Naming a channel as "Rating" should add clarity to this matter; it will create a place where it's easy to get the hints you're looking for and also a place for players willing to test/practice their mechanics knowledge by advising other trainers; and it should alliviate the flood of messages from the others channels as it is the main issue right now. Rating is an important function in a pokemon MMO and I am very open-minded to more discussions on it. Thanks for the post!

This is a completely relevant and genuine topic to be discussed. This can also branch into how trade chat is too "spammy" in I believe everyone's opinion. Please devs, designers, admins, mods, Lord Deathwing and King Chappy of the Karp, please consider adding in more default channels for the community. Yes, we can create our own channels and yes they might grow to an extent, but after every server crash/reset the community created channels are deleted and members have to rejoin/remake the channels and the user base will have to regrow inside of them again.

Regards,

Kxrizmuh

There was a player-made Rating channel before, but it no longer exist because it is rare to see people asking for a rate, and nobody bother waiting for some time there until there's one people asking a rate.

Looking at the All & Help channel, there's definitely a large amount of players asking for a rate, yet the Rating channel is deserted.

Why? Well, in my opinion the real problem is definitely not the lack of people asking for a rate, it's the fact that those people don't know the channel exist, since it wasn't a default channel. If the Rating channel was a default channel like All & Help, then maybe it won't be as deserted as it was........

153491 There was a player-made Rating channel before, but it no longer exist because it is rare to see people asking for a rate, and nobody bother waiting for some time there until there's one people asking a rate.

Looking at the All & Help channel, there's definitely a large amount of players asking for a rate, yet the Rating channel is deserted.

Why? Well, in my opinion the real problem is definitely not the lack of people asking for a rate, it's the fact that those people don't know the channel exist, since it wasn't a default channel. If the Rating channel was a default channel like All & Help, then maybe it won't be as deserted as it was........

I'm glad others feel the same with the chat.

It's frustrating trying to help people amongst the non relevant posts filling the box, plus the attitude you get for telling people they're in the wrong chat.

Someone made a rates channel when we were getting annoyed keep telling people to leave, but as you said, due to not being a default, it wasn't visible so we had to tell people, which was good when they went there, but we still had the spam in help in the first place.

Having pvp/pve sets could also help, there's a lot of new players feeling a bit daunted by the stats because pvp players are telling them to focus on stats when they're only going to play story anyway.

ge6aLM7.png