Regarding Egg Moves (without need for breeding)

Monkyw

I have a suggestion regarding egg moves. I am still a beginner so I have not tried to learn any egg moves. So far as I know, egg moves can be learned, subject to fulfillment of tasks. I hope my understanding is correct. It is certainly good to have egg moves but the method is not preferable. I think the major reason is that the design of the whole game is too much battle-oriented or even PVP-oriented. I agree that these are important but I think too much emphasis is put on them now. (Well...whether it is "too much" is inevitably subjective. In fact, I agree that to some people, PVP might be the only ultimate purpose.) I think there should be more focus on collection and nurture in general. I mean nurture as an end, not as a means to increase power.

Regarding egg moves, I suggest that they should be, or at least can be, learned from other PMs. My framework is that two PMs can be put into a facility where, subject to fulfillment of tasks, by chance or otherwise, one could learn a move from the other. I prefer that players can select the move that they want one to learn but random is also interesting.

It can be seen that the essence is not just to get a PM with good Vs and then install moves. One has to catch relevant PMs to teach the moves. In order to teach, the teaching PM may need to be trained too.

I apologise if it is already the system. Thank you for your consideration.

154106 I have a suggestion regarding egg moves. I am still a beginner so I have not tried to learn any egg moves. So far as I know, egg moves can be learned, subject to fulfillment of tasks. I hope my understanding is correct. It is certainly good to have egg moves but the method is not preferable. I think the major reason is that the design of the whole game is too much battle-oriented or even PVP-oriented. I agree that these are important but I think too much emphasis is put on them now. (Well...whether it is "too much" is inevitably subjective. In fact, I agree that to some people, PVP might be the only ultimate purpose.) I think there should be more focus on collection and nurture in general. I mean nurture as an end, not as a means to increase power.

Regarding egg moves, I suggest that they should be, or at least can be, learned from other PMs. My framework is that two PMs can be put into a facility where, subject to fulfillment of tasks, by chance or otherwise, one could learn a move from the other. I prefer that players can select the move that they want one to learn but random is also interesting.

It can be seen that the essence is not just to get a PM with good Vs and then install moves. One has to catch relevant PMs to teach the moves. In order to teach, the teaching PM may need to be trained too.

Well, I honestly consider enough to have the eggmove tutor (which is already implemented in game).

From 2015: I'm still here

154106 I have a suggestion regarding egg moves. I am still a beginner so I have not tried to learn any egg moves. So far as I know, egg moves can be learned, subject to fulfillment of tasks. I hope my understanding is correct. It is certainly good to have egg moves but the method is not preferable. I think the major reason is that the design of the whole game is too much battle-oriented or even PVP-oriented. I agree that these are important but I think too much emphasis is put on them now. (Well...whether it is "too much" is inevitably subjective. In fact, I agree that to some people, PVP might be the only ultimate purpose.) I think there should be more focus on collection and nurture in general. I mean nurture as an end, not as a means to increase power.

Well, I honestly consider enough to have the eggmove tutor (which is already implemented in game).

If you view it from a functional approach, it is enough but I think other elements can be enhanced. After all, it is inevitably subjective. It depends on how one views the game of a whole.

What you mean PMs? Private message or Pokemon? Not quite understand your suggestion.

If I read PMs based on Pokemon meaning, I quoted

"Regarding egg moves, I suggest that they should be, or at least can be, learned from other PMs. My framework is that two PMs can be put into a facility where, subject to fulfillment of tasks, by chance or otherwise, one could learn a move from the other. I prefer that players can select the move that they want one to learn but random is also interesting.

It can be seen that the essence is not just to get a PM with good Vs and then install moves. One has to catch relevant PMs to teach the moves. In order to teach, the teaching PM may need to be trained too."

I can see it not look like similar as egg move, it must be call "Transfer-only moves" rather than "Egg moves". The different kind of moves you can see in here for example https://pokemondb.net/pokedex/bulbasaur

Basically, it is good source but not sure it can implement or not, it will still need completed quest (maybe from Bill for using machines) but mark as after story process... just in my opinion for this post active :P

What you mean PMs? Private message or Pokemon? Not quite understand your suggestion.

If I read PMs based on Pokemon meaning, I quoted

"Regarding egg moves, I suggest that they should be, or at least can be, learned from other PMs. My framework is that two PMs can be put into a facility where, subject to fulfillment of tasks, by chance or otherwise, one could learn a move from the other. I prefer that players can select the move that they want one to learn but random is also interesting.

It can be seen that the essence is not just to get a PM with good Vs and then install moves. One has to catch relevant PMs to teach the moves. In order to teach, the teaching PM may need to be trained too."

I can see it not look like similar as egg move, it must be call "Transfer-only moves" rather than "Egg moves". The different kind of moves you can see in here for example https://pokemondb.net/pokedex/bulbasaur

Basically, it is good source but not sure it can implement or not, it will still need completed quest (maybe from Bill for using machines) but mark as after story process... just in my opinion for this post active :P

Sorry for my confusing wording. I am not an English native. But yes I mean Pokemon.

By "egg moves", I mean those "egg moves" in the traditional sense. However, we all know that there will be no breeding in PRO so there has to be another means to learn those "egg moves". Currently there are tutor(s?) teaching those moves but I proposed other elements for consideration, instead of just teaching the moves.

why make something more difficult than it needs to be?

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

yeah breeding is a no-no, the current system is pretty good and obtaining egg moves is already a complex process.

Also i remember someone telling me that PRO will never introduce breeding and it should not.

some other pokemon games introduced breeding and their economy is worse than a 2 quarter state now.

The process you stated is very similar to breeding and it's consequences would be very similar to the breed phenomenon.

154812 why make something more difficult than it needs to be?

Because it is a game. The very purpose is to play. Having said that, whether it is "too difficult" is another issue. For example, if E4 are at around 10 lv, it would not be fun. If they are all 120 lv, it seems too difficult.

154872 yeah breeding is a no-no, the current system is pretty good and obtaining egg moves is already a complex process.

Also i remember someone telling me that PRO will never introduce breeding and it should not.

some other pokemon games introduced breeding and their economy is worse than a 2 quarter state now.

The process you stated is very similar to breeding and it's consequences would be very similar to the breed phenomenon.

Economy is a legitimate concern so I am not suggesting to have breeding system. As I proposed in the first post, my key point is to have a "taught by Pokemon" element. The present system can be preserved if it is appropriate. There can be an additional element instead of a complete change of the whole system.

Interesting topic and good point.

I'd still support breeding though. It can be implemented without becoming a threat to the economy.

The game's economy is already at risk of being undermined. If enough players commit to it, they can easily unbalance the entire current economy of the game.

It's just the lesser of 2 'evils' to not implement breeding into this game. Which is fine too in the end.

I'm sure too though, that if there was a way to implement breeding without compromising the economy, breeding would have been in the game already.

But we're doing fine enough without. I just wish there were better reasons to not have it besides "OMG THE GAME'S ECONOMY".

Just wonder/think about this for a moment: How were economies established in the real world? Why are they separated by different names for different countries/continents? Yet there is an exchange system in place that ties them all together so that the small and big economies can coexist?

A wanderer... is not always lost...

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7298&start=1210 Chronos <3