Title System?

Crowza

Searched around a bit and noticed no one suggested something of this nature so I'll bring it forth.

While I was EV training my team while also reading a gaming manga (The Gamer), the manga sprang up an idea that could be alot of fun that I've seen in a alot of MMO's.

A[glow=red]Title[/glow]in short could be a system where after filling out certain requirements, a player can unlock a title that corresponds with that achievement and could offer passive boosts.

For example, a player who has defeated both the Kanto and Johto E4 and their respective champions could be granted the title "The True Champion" and when worn, could increase a specific stat(s) by a small margin. Or another example could be a player who has over 300 hours of game time could be rewarded "The Veteran" that could receive a small exp boost.

I can think of several more titles to share but I'm sure you all get the picture by now. Titles can only be worn once at a time and it should appear either on top of a player's username in small font or just in their trainer card (where they can switch out titles).

Not every title should grant bonuses of course and there could be some even for cosmetic things such as players who have purchased alot of clothing in the shop could get "The Stylist" or a player who's befriended alot of players could get "Charismatic".

Title collecting could be a great hobby that veteran players might enjoy doing when they have nothing else to do.

Thoughts?

155828 In my opinion, Just the title is good, but grant the bonus is not a good idea..., especially in spawn rate

I agree with that but defo like the idea of experiance boost. The idea of an increased encounter rate would create an unfair advantage and may possibly course animosity and friction between players.

2w5loa9.jpg

155828 In my opinion, Just the title is good, but grant the bonus is not a good idea..., especially in spawn rate

I suppose giving players who spend alot of time hunting for rares an unfair advantage might cause a bit of turmoil with certain people.

155832I agree with that but defo like the idea of experience boost. The idea of an increased encounter rate would create an unfair advantage and may possibly course animosity and friction between players.

An experience boost sounds cool, would help grinding alot for sure.

Spawn rate increase will be edited out shortly.

I suppose giving players who spend alot of time hunting for rares an unfair advantage might cause a bit of turmoil with certain people.

155832I agree with that but defo like the idea of experience boost. The idea of an increased encounter rate would create an unfair advantage and may possibly course animosity and friction between players.

An experience boost sounds cool, would help grinding alot for sure.

Spawn rate increase will be edited out shortly.

No need to edit it out as the rest of the thred won't fully make sense :p

2w5loa9.jpg