Ever thought of changing pokemon entirely?

Ezyquake

Imagine if you had your own pokemon game. What would you do about the PvP? Personaly, I'd take each and every pokemon that exists and would rebalance it or tweak the stats, change the moves, make new moves, delete some moves because there are some moves that are very OverPowered generaly, I know ultimate balance cannot be achieved but there certainly can be very many changes. What do you think about the balance of the game of pokemon generaly? Wouldn't you be excited to see new moves? deleted old moves? rebalanced pokemon stats?

[center][/center]

I don't think this thread is supposed to be in this subforum considering this seems more like a "what-if" for the official games, but I'll leave that to the staffs, they're the ones who can move threads anyway xD

To be honest, if there's anything I want to change the most, it's some of the signature moves, and the type of some Pokemon that should have been changed into Fairy.

For the former, Mist Ball and Luster Purge should both gets higher PP, and much higher base power. As they are right now, they are inferior to the much more common Psychic and even Psyshock. Which doesn't make any sense considering Mist Ball and Luster Purge are the signature moves of two legendaries. Relic Song, the signature move of another legendary, also needs either a base power boost, or increase the chance to make the target fell asleep.

For the latter, Celebi, Mesprit's trio, and Cresselia all should have their Psychic type changed into Fairy.

Also, Lumineon should have been Water/Bug, to make it stand out. As it is right now, it's a really mediocre Water-type special attacker that has nothing really special going on for it. A Water-type with STAB Silver Wind would at least make it unique.

As for stat changes, there are several Pokemon that were not at their full potential due to bad mix of stats and movepool.

Sceptile (along with its Mega) and Ledian are two examples of Pokemon who should have gotten much higher Attack stat than SpAtk stat, as their design and movepool clearly indicates a physical attacker, not a special attacker.

On the other side, there's Gyarados who is a physical Pokemon but learns a lot of Special moves. At least its Mega should have been a Special attacker instead, to give variety in how Gyarados is used.

Unfezant would have been something different than any other regional early route bird had it stats allow it to become a mixed attacker, allowing it to use its access to Heat Wave more effectively.

Beheyeem is nothing special, being completely overshadowed by Reuniclus which was introduced in the same region. They have the same movepool & type, they have the same playstyle (both are special attacker meant to be used under Trick Room), but Beheyeem is obtained long after you have access to Solosis. As a result, there's no point in catching and training an Elgyem when by the time you see one, you might already have a Duosion soon ready to become a Reuniclus. What should be done to remedy the problem, is making Beheeyem a mixed attacker instead, giving it Attack stat equal to its SpAtk stat.

In terms of movepool, some Pokemon needs easier access to their STAB move.

Magikarp and Gyarados (at least Gyarados) should be able to learn Bounce via level-up, while Houndour and Houndoom should be able to learn Dark Pulse or at least Snarl via level-up. Jumpluff should have gotten Gust and Hurricane via level-up just like its equally cotton-based cousin Whimsicott, while Diancie should have gotten Power Gem and Play Rough via level-up.