Moonblast and sub bug?

Feeelrr

Hello im against this guy on random battle. He is using shiinotic as show below and im using woobat with simple abi. So he moonblast me and my spaattk fell first time! I spam calm mind ! He used moonblast again spaatk fell! 3rd time he used it again spaatk fell again and this goes on forever....i heatwave him on his sub and the sub didnt break and when it does he barely takes a dmg even when i keep using calm mind. Can u please tell me whats going on here i really need help

Screenshot_20241020_212016_PROClient.jpg

Screenshot_20241020_211751_PROClient.jpg

Hi. Thank you for contacting us about your issue.

Judging by your screenshots, I believe this isn't a bug. What I think happened here (again going by the screenshots provided) is that your Swoobat had it's sp.atk lowered and as I am sure you are aware, one of the Ability Simple's effects is that it makes any stat change to that specific Pokemon with Simple double( example: a pokemon with Simple using Calm Mind will boost it's sp.atk and sp.def twice instead of once).

So what I think happened here is that Shiinotic made your sp.atk drop before you had a chance to boost yourself, thus your Swoobat was a bit weaker and like you said, the opponent got kinda lucky and got another sp.atk drop with Moonblast. Even after using calm mind, sp.atk drops most likely affected the damage of your Swoobat and it wasn't able to break Shiinotic's substitute. 

We hope the information provided will be useful to you. Do not shy away to come back and ask if you need more clarifications or information. Good luck in your adventures!

- Kubrick