PRO Solution for Android!

Keylimepie

1. 1.

Hello PRO Staff! Happy Tuesday!

I have a suggestion, below, that I think you check out for 3-4 seconds before locking this topic!

[glow=red]Donation Weekend Event for an upcoming weekend[/glow] - all donations to PRO for that weekend go to hiring a temporary developer for the android platform of PRO, to get it up to date and ready for when your current dev can return!

I imagine you will raise 10k easy, if not more, with your loyal players like me who love PRO on PC but would also love to take it with us on Mobile!

Whether you like my idea or not, no worries and I love the game, please keep up the amazing work!

Thanks,

Keylime

163041 Honestly,I'm starting to think the download link for android should be removed from the website. Lack of info and support is quickly leading me to believe it flat out isn't a feature any longer.

Why are you so negative? They said that when Shane comes back he'll work on the Android version because it's always had problems and want the players to have the best experience on this platform. It's not a fast nor easy job so please don't hesitate with false beliefs about things they talked about. Just wait and it will be out eventually :Grin:

Guest YourMomGr

They cant hire anyone or gamefreak will close the game for copyrights.. No one is supposed to get paid from this all should be volunteers.. I wish i knew how to properly make the new client but those stuff are written in a code that only shane knows or else i would volunteer.. The only thing i could do is decompiling editing and recompiling which is honestly easy for android os so thats not the issue

163085 They cant hire anyone or gamefreak will close the game for copyrights.. No one is supposed to get paid from this all should be volunteers.. I wish i knew how to properly make the new client but those stuff are written in a code that only shane knows or else i would volunteer.. The only thing i could do is decompiling editing and recompiling which is honestly easy for android os so thats not the issue

Yea that's probably true, I am not learned in copyright law, may be a violation instead of just fan based content. Hope the usual writer makes it back soon!

163041 Honestly,I'm starting to think the download link for android should be removed from the website. Lack of info and support is quickly leading me to believe it flat out isn't a feature any longer.

Why are you so negative? They said that when Shane comes back he'll work on the Android version because it's always had problems and want the players to have the best experience on this platform. It's not a fast nor easy job so please don't hesitate with false beliefs about things they talked about. Just wait and it will be out eventually :Grin:

It's true that I'm being rather negative, but its not entirely unjustified.

1. I've looked back, and honestly, its been MONTHS since ANY kind of update about when to expect the android client to be viable again.

2. Staff are overwhelmingly NEGATIVE about the fact that players are BOMBARDING them with questions about this issue... I get that its frustrating, but if you are going to leave the download option available, it implies its a temporary maintenance issue and not a 'we have no way to support this platform any longer, we hope we will be able to support it again in the unforeseen future'.

3. They've left the 'Maintenance' sign up in the android download. Its not being worked on. They have no plans or ideas on when they will be ABLE to work on it again. This is not a 'temporary' issue. It is not being 'maintained'. It is for all intents and purposes dropped until 'Shane' returns.

Now, I have stated my case, and its entirely biased since I'm NOT familiar with the issues keeping 'Shane' from working on this, and I'm pretty crabby about getting kicked every time I want to spend more than an hour online during the day with a 10-15min queue to long back on.

All in all, its my opinion. Sorry if its not one you share but it is how it is. This is another opinion, Glaceon is best pokemon.

163295 It's true that I'm being rather negative, but its not entirely unjustified.

1. I've looked back, and honestly, its been MONTHS since ANY kind of update about when to expect the android client to be viable again.

2. Staff are overwhelmingly NEGATIVE about the fact that players are BOMBARDING them with questions about this issue... I get that its frustrating, but if you are going to leave the download option available, it implies its a temporary maintenance issue and not a 'we have no way to support this platform any longer, we hope we will be able to support it again in the unforeseen future'.

3. They've left the 'Maintenance' sign up in the android download. Its not being worked on. They have no plans or ideas on when they will be ABLE to work on it again. This is not a 'temporary' issue. It is not being 'maintained'. It is for all intents and purposes dropped until 'Shane' returns.

Now, I have stated my case, and its entirely biased since I'm NOT familiar with the issues keeping 'Shane' from working on this, and I'm pretty crabby about getting kicked every time I want to spend more than an hour online during the day with a 10-15min queue to long back on.

All in all, its my opinion. Sorry if its not one you share but it is how it is. This is another opinion, Glaceon is best pokemon.

I understand you and every other player that had an android device to play PRO. I'm one of them and suffer from the waiting as well. But hey! We must not forget about the fact that this is a game developed by people that work on it for free. They have a real work, family, problems, events that are a big priority.

Hope it's understandable :Grin:

Hi there,

1. The Android version only Shane can do it and it not only easy task (Android release is not only about changing version it also about bugs and changing suitable for Android, not same as PC version), and Shane must do his real life stuff first. Additionally, you will see PRO cannot hiring staffs and staffs are volunteers, and we need to make sure the people can trusted and enough quality for this task.

2. You say that NEGATIVE, but do you see what happen when forum get spam with same problem overtime? As Community Coordinator, I need to control and keep the information clearly. If people spam over time with same issues, how other staffs can get attention to other problems for treat well to community? Moreover, what you get when keeping spam same issues (with already answers), that similar case when people spam stuck in help chat. We awareness to this issues, but we also need to your patient...

3. All staffs have to-do list, come back to point 1. We divide into many group and having own stuffs for make PRO run smoothly. However, we cannot develop without support from community, so I will need your patient and we know this problem, and try as much as possible for solution.

I will locked this topic as it more going to bad and negative without solution. Sorry for your inconvenience.

Thanks,

Windypuff