Lost Hope

Yumakuga79

163681 I hope they wont release it andmake it work better on the platforms it is on right now..

The game is still in phase BETA, so we must expect errors prompting from time to time. It wouldn't be just if they don't release a version for Android players since it's the most used platform.

163807 The game will always be in beta because Nintendo will slaughter them if it is published

ROFL, how would you think that? Players must not worry about legal aspects of the game! :Grin:

Because he's right..? Just because it's in beta doesn't mean it's an excuse for everything. Lots of games are in beta and they talk to their players about updates, livestream newer releases of the game that are going to come out, etc. every single day. Just because it's in beta doesn't mean shit if it's been in beta since it started. The ACTUAL reason why it's going to stay in beta is because of the legal reasons, that is correct. If they tried to force the game out otherwise, Nintendo will destroy this game. Ever since the newer updates, I have actually seen no word about the Android update. I'd be worried too. What if the game just all of a sudden stopped working for weeks on end without anyone saying anything. Is "It's in beta" still an excuse for that? Please.

so, all i see is moaning about the android client.

the android client wasnt released due to a multitude of reasons. Main one was shane was away on a family trip. Secondarily not enough was added to the main clients for there to warrant an android release, due to the volume of map updates for hoenn. In the near future, android will not have this restriction of not being able to download maps. This is what is being worked on. Blame unity for not supporting android. Android doesnt like compressed asset files, hence why maps wouldnt download on the platform. Again, this is being worked around so android will be just as good a port as the rest of them.

But, guess what? these things take time, and we have lives to live too.

Also, on the subject of Nintendo. They can do whatever they please with their own IPs, but as long as we keep it in beta, that safeguards us from being sued for using cooywrite material in a fully featured game. You guys do not need to worry about this, however. So the nintendo discussion ends here.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

so, all i see is moaning about the android client.

the android client wasnt released due to a multitude of reasons. Main one was shane was away on a family trip. Secondarily not enough was added to the main clients for there to warrant an android release, due to the volume of map updates for hoenn. In the near future, android will not have this restriction of not being able to download maps. This is what is being worked on. Blame unity for not supporting android. Android doesnt like compressed asset files, hence why maps wouldnt download on the platform. Again, this is being worked around so android will be just as good a port assw the rest of them.

But, guess what? these things take time, and we have lives to live too.

Also, on the subject of Nintendo. They can do whatever they please with their own IPs, but as long as we keep it in beta, that safeguards us from being sued for using cooywrite material in a fully featured game. You guys do not need to worry about this, however. So the nintendo discussion ends here.

I'm glad this isn't an issue but this is Nintendo we're talking about. I highly doubt they won't at least make an attempt, justified or not it always is a worrying case since it's essentially who has the better lawyers. Also it's not games like this are torrentable and private servers can be hosted to help keep players investment (financially and emotionally) into the game.

Also I'm curious, wouldn't it be possible to make a shell of a client that updates itself to reflect the changes made so when a client boots it'll update itself. Or is the backend of PRO platform dependent and needs entire porting?