Pokemon 3d model/animations (READ FIRST!!!!)

Dizzycarrot

I KNOW it's been suggested and denied because you want to support "low-end devices"

listen first.

any and i mean ANY laptop/computer sold at the moment ( at least legally sold lol) Comes with an intel hd 2000 gpu or better no less than that.

Now an intel gpu can handle freaking Bioshock Infinite.

What makes you think it can't handle simple 3d models and animations which are not complex/detailed as other games lower end pcs can handle.

Now for androids I understand your concern... But you could just make the android app have 2d instead of 3d.

I just don't understand why you wish the punish pc users which is/will be 90% of the players. A lot of people want this.

Give it a second thought please?

and if there's some other reason you can't do it, (like not enough resourses, or too time consuming then just tell us, its not like we'll rage about it)

p.s even windows tablets can handle 3d games

just wanted to point again that a 3d pokemon game is NOT. demanding what so ever and you can even just make the battles 3d not the entire world or just pokemons.

idk your game. your choice.

Additional stuff(Edits)

For those of you wondering. No 3d models and stuff even tho it might come from the 3ds games (which it doesn't have to, they can get it somewhere else) It will not act as an "emulator" your pc wouldnt be emulating. Just like right now you are playing PRO, your pc isn't "emulating" pro from the ds or w.e it's a pc game, made for PC, 3d models wouldnt change that, so don't worry about emulating requirements

pokemon_signature__boxed_by_rainingknote-d6qs3m5.png

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just one thing, maybe a bad pc is enough to run bioshock infinite, but just to emulate a 3Ds you need a 3000 euro computer with the most recent of CPU. Since 3D models are from 3Ds' games maybe you'll understand it's not as easy as it sounds

164316 just one thing, maybe a bad pc is enough to run bioshock infinite, but just to emulate a 3Ds you need a 3000 euro computer with the most recent of CPU. Since 3D models are from 3Ds' games maybe you'll understand it's not as easy as it sounds

who's emulating 3ds here? no one.

PRO is not a emulation for the ds. It is made by the devs/staff for PC. so we're not emulating

Same would go for 3d models. even if they pull it out of the 3ds games we wouldn't be emulating anything because they would add it to pro (obviously xD) which is a PC game.

idk if that made any sense haha.

but no there's no emulating happening.

164324 I don't like this idea, basically 3D pokemon is very ugly, and secondly it only limit to players who have low-end PC :etc:

1. did you even bother to read? Performance wouldnt be an issue... and we'll never know either way unless you we try it

2. you thinking they're ugly is personal opinion, i think they're beautiful and brings even more life into the game

Devs should try and do a performance test on a low end pc with 3d models

there is no point.

first off, we have custom pokemon, that would mean we would have to make 3D renders of them. which is very time consuming.

secondly. the 3DS sprites arent very good. look at them, i mean really look at them. they were designed for 3rd world hardware. theyre all adge marked, aligned to hell. simply not good enough to use.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

164340 there is no point.

first off, we have custom pokemon, that would mean we would have to make 3D renders of them. which is very time consuming.

secondly. the 3DS sprites arent very good. look at them, i mean really look at them. they were designed for 3rd world hardware. theyre all adge marked, aligned to hell. simply not good enough to use.

I do look at them https://pokemonshowdown.com/ they look amazing.

and if the issue is time consuming you can get the community to help out.. not just staff members.

should've just said so instead of telling people we can't do it cuz of low end stuff :/