Android Players

Guest UnknownUser11

Guest UnknownUser11

To all our Android users, and those who might not be able to play currently on android, there is a few things I would like to let you know that will improve your quality of life in PRO that I have been working on.

- Android build now loads 100% Faster, and should use alot less ram. (Went from aprox 50 seconds down to 4 Seconds on my Note 5)

- Maps no longer download on startup, but as single maps when you require them from a central map server. This makes sure your maps are always up to date, even if you are on android.

and for all users who might be reading this.. a couple of features below I've been working on in my free time.

- Maps and NPCs can now be edited live for content staff, so building and testing new places without restarting the server for map/npc updates is now possible. (this speeds up content development alot)

- Mail System to send mail and items to people will be possible, like in World Of Warcraft.

This will be available in the coming Client update, possibly within the next couple of weeks.

167668 Maps no longer download on startup, but as single maps when you require them from a central map server. This makes sure your maps are always up to date, even if you are on android.

Sorry for the double post but won't this make the game slower? Since every time someone will have to load a map there will be a request to the server ... or maybe I'm wrong?

The best [glow=gold]shiney[/glow] I caught so far

fcUWt40.gif

Guest UnknownUser11
167668 Maps no longer download on startup, but as single maps when you require them from a central map server. This makes sure your maps are always up to date, even if you are on android.

Sorry for the double post but won't this make the game slower? Since every time someone will have to load a map there will be a request to the server ... or maybe I'm wrong?

The maps come compressed and are quite small, however the Map Server has its own machine to run on, it will be perfectly fine. Currently everyone downloads all the maps on startup when they do not need a couple thousand maps.

- Android build now loads 100% Faster, and should use alot less ram. (Went from aprox 50 seconds down to 4 Seconds on my Note 5)

great job!!!! shane you are right it loads so much faster now ,my android loads it faster than my pc xd and glad to hear that the new features in otw really appericiated:)