Bug in Johto E4 after winning against Lance

Robbeprobro

PRO Username: Robbeprobro

On which server issue happened: BLUE

What have you done before the problem was there?

In Johto E4 before Lance: Healed my team with many potions and revives (approx 35k costs in total), defeated Lance of Johto E4, talked to the Prof., got told that I can now enter Mt. Silver, teleported back into Johto starting town, talked there to several other NPCs, sync my game in order to save my state (as I was fairly happy to finally beat Johto E4), used the chat, talked to the Prof. again in his lab and left his lab.

Afterwards a server crash happened.

Returning to the revived server I was standing in the Johto E4 room with Lance again but my team condition was the condition after the fight with Lance (so my pokemon were barely alive), my potions and revives got wasted though ...

What have you already tried to solve the problem?

Relogged many times and smacked myself into the face in order to see if the nightmare is over yet.

Description and Message

TL;RD from above:

- bought many potions and revives to finally beat Johto E4 (approx cost 35k)

- got to Lance and completely restored health and move-points of my team in order to beat him

- beated Lance in a very close battle

- talked to the prof and was told that I can finally enter Mt. Silver

- teleported back to Johto starting town and talked to many different NPCs, used chat and synced my game state

- talked to the Prof. in his lab

- left lab

This is the moment where the server crashed.

Afterwards I was again in the room with Lance, however, my team was nearly defeated as it was after the fight with him.

When talking to the Prof. he now tolds me that he wants to congratulate me but I haven't beaten Lance, yet. -_-

Also my revives and potions used to restore my team and used during the battle against Lance are lost, so I could again heal my whole team which would cost several tousands which is very much money for me ...

But the worst thing is that I would have to fight against Lance again and so risk losing against him in the 2nd battle because I can't hope for the same luck I had in the first battle and losing against Lance now would mean another lost of about 30k money which I can't tolerate! :(

So all in all it would be very nice if an admin could restore the game state so that the game knows that I've beaten Lance and teleports me out of E4 Johto.

Thank you for your time!

168179 PRO Username: Robbeprobro

On which server issue happened: BLUE

What have you done before the problem was there?

In Johto E4 before Lance: Healed my team with many potions and revives (approx 35k costs in total), defeated Lance of Johto E4, talked to the Prof., got told that I can now enter Mt. Silver, teleported back into Johto starting town, talked there to several other NPCs, sync my game in order to save my state (as I was fairly happy to finally beat Johto E4), used the chat, talked to the Prof. again in his lab and left his lab.

Afterwards a server crash happened.

Returning to the revived server I was standing in the Johto E4 room with Lance again but my team condition was the condition after the fight with Lance (so my pokemon were barely alive), my potions and revives got wasted though ...

What have you already tried to solve the problem?

Relogged many times and smacked myself into the face in order to see if the nightmare is over yet.

Description and Message

TL;RD from above:

- bought many potions and revives to finally beat Johto E4 (approx cost 35k)

- got to Lance and completely restored health and move-points of my team in order to beat him

- beated Lance in a very close battle

- talked to the prof and was told that I can finally enter Mt. Silver

- teleported back to Johto starting town and talked to many different NPCs, used chat and synced my game state

- talked to the Prof. in his lab

- left lab

This is the moment where the server crashed.

Afterwards I was again in the room with Lance, however, my team was nearly defeated as it was after the fight with him.

When talking to the Prof. he now tolds me that he wants to congratulate me but I haven't beaten Lance, yet. -_-

Also my revives and potions used to restore my team and used during the battle against Lance are lost, so I could again heal my whole team which would cost several tousands which is very much money for me ...

But the worst thing is that I would have to fight against Lance again and so risk losing against him in the 2nd battle because I can't hope for the same luck I had in the first battle and losing against Lance now would mean another lost of about 30k money which I can't tolerate! :(

So all in all it would be very nice if an admin could restore the game state so that the game knows that I've beaten Lance and teleports me out of E4 Johto.

Thank you for your time!

Hey there, robbeprobro.

I'm really sorry to hear about this issue, but there is nothing that can be done. What you encountered is what we call a rollback, and you can read more about them here.

The reason that we cannot "restore the game state so that the game knows that I've been Lance" is because that data is lost.

Also, VERY IMPORTANT... The "sync" button down at the bottom of the client does NOT save your progress. The only way to force a save in this game is to LOG OUT.

Again, I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you. Good luck.

wycTAcv.gif

Sig created by Annazhee

Okay, thank anyway for the answer.

Next time I know for sure to log out after such important events.

However, couldn't it be possible to force a game safe after important events such as beating gym leaders, e4 or catching certain pokes like mew?

Regards

Edit:

What I find really strange with this rollback is, that my team has the state and health right after the battle with Lance but the general game state is that I haven't even fought with him yet ...

168412 Okay, thank anyway for the answer.

Next time I know for sure to log out after such important events.

However, couldn't it be possible to force a game safe after important events such as beating gym leaders, e4 or catching certain pokes like mew?

Regards

Edit:

What I find really strange with this rollback is, that my team has the state and health right after the battle with Lance but the general game state is that I haven't even fought with him yet ...

For force save game, you will need to logout.