Pokemon Evolution Data

Rums2108

For completing my pokemon evolution data, I have 2 quick questions:

1. if a pokemon can be caught in both kanto and johto, do I have to catch that pokemon in both areas?

2. once a pokemon is caught, do i have to keep it in my pc vault to count towards completing my evolution data or can i release it?

thanks in advance.

168291 For completing my pokemon evolution data, I have 2 quick questions:

1. if a pokemon can be caught in both kanto and johto, do I have to catch that pokemon in both areas?

2. once a pokemon is caught, do i have to keep it in my pc vault to count towards completing my evolution data or can i release it?

thanks in advance.

#ninjad

1. When the game refers to "Kanto" or "Johto" Pokemon for the quests, it's referring to the Generation that they were introduced to the game. For example, Diglett is a first generation Pokemon, so it counts toward the "Kanto" Pokemon requirement. Hoothoot is a second generation Pokemon, so it counts toward the "Johto" requirement. The same goes for evolutions.

2. You do not need to keep it in your PC.

wycTAcv.gif

Sig created by Annazhee

2. U can release the pokemon once u evolved it :) The data will not be deleted.

but in theory, if i only needed say the first evolution of a pokemon i can catch it and release it and have it still count, correct?

edit: previous poster answered it. thanks.

but in theory, if i only needed say the first evolution of a pokemon i can catch it and release it and have it still count, correct?

If you're going for the evolution data u need to evolve it. It doesnt count if u just catch the evolved pokemon. U get the pokemon ofc, but not the evo data.

If you're going for the evolution data u need to evolve it. It doesnt count if u just catch the evolved pokemon. U get the pokemon ofc, but not the evo data.

ofc?

and i was looking at my pokedex and it says i have a charizard with the pokeball next to the name but i was traded it and then i traded it away.

ofc?

and i was looking at my pokedex and it says i have a charizard with the pokeball next to the name but i was traded it and then i traded it away.

You have the "caught" data for Charizard. You only get credit for "evolved" data, if you evolved it into Charizard.

wycTAcv.gif

Sig created by Annazhee

ofc?

You have the "caught" data for Charizard. You only get credit for "evolved" data, if you evolved it into Charizard.

ok last question. is there a way to tell whether or not you have the evolved or caught data? does it say it somewhere or do you just have to remember?

ofc?

ok last question. is there a way to tell whether or not you have the evolved or caught data? does it say it somewhere or do you just have to remember?

Screenshot_1.png

Pokemon catched will have the icon pokeball.

That all thing you need. Only bad thing is which pokemon you evolve by yourself have to remember...