Money sink options

Maccollin

1. 1.

Hello everyone. Reading through a variety of threads, I would like to add my own suggestions. At the moment, it is obvious that some things were implemented by the devs in order to prevent inflations and take out money from the economy. However, some of those tries were too eager, wherefore I would like to state some ,in my oppinion, necessary adjustments in order to make them more effective (a high price is not always the best control mechanism since it cuts off the demand, because only a couple of players will frequently use it) :

1. Vitamins for 28k

28,000 might have been a reasonable price in a couple of months, but certainly not now. Since a lot of people would actually use them to decrease the time of EV training, a price of around 5.000 would be very benefitial. Not only for the players but also for the economics, due to stated reasons. Some may argue that " this is an mmo, invest time" but this "argument" (which is the same as saying "it is like that because it is" and therefore is no argument at all) is invalid since we are not talking about a fast benefit which leads to a fast "completion" of the game and therefore a lack of long-term motivation. There will always be pokemon tot rain and hunt. EV training is just a minor and yet very anoying time-investment.

2. HM - Fly

People spent 50.000 for the quest and a lot of time for the nocturnal feather. There are no benefits of fly beside fast traveling to places that you have already visited. Make it free. I know that this makes the train and ships obsolete but we do not need them in the first place! Why? Check out the following money sinks that take money out of the economy way more effictively without getting on the nerves of the players.

3. Nature Shifter

Yes, changing the nature of a pokemon! Since this is increasing the worth and competiviness of some of the pokemon tremendously, the price of the respective psycological therapy has to be something players have to hort money for. The suggested price should be around 300.000 - 600.000, depending on the respective pokemon or type. This is causing a lot of work to program in the first place since you would have to create a price list for each pokemon (or the easier way, each type). However, this might be take out a lot of money in the long-term (this feature would certainly be not used in the early state of the current game, but definately in a couple of months).

4. Ability shifter / lottery

The same as mentioned in 3. could be used concerning a change of the ability. The prices should be adjusted depending on the ability pool of the respective pokemon and the pokemon itself. Another solution would be the slightly luck based and therefore less appreciated way of installing an ability lottery. For example: You pay 30.000-50.000 pokedollar to change your ability to one of the other abilities. However, hidden abilities would only have a 10% chance of getting selected. since 3. & 4. are potentially one in a time usages per pokemon, the high price would be justified (if anyone may want to argue over my comment that 28.000 dollars for vitamins are too expensive...).

5. Market system

I am sure that you will implement a money sink system into the auction house / market, but since the prices of the existing money sinks need an adjustment urgently, I would like to remind you to not overdo it again. Please be realistic and use the market as a long-term money sink, not short-term. This means that the percentage per interaction should not exceed 5% of the potential value and if the object should be taken out before any offers have been made, there should not be any costs. Why? Because the market should be used as a tool and not a strict punishment of uncertain players or for minor mistakes, e.g. chosing the wrong settings / starting offers / prices. As long as no offers on the respective item or pokemon have been done, no harm was done, therefore no costs should be applied.

6. Lottery tickets

Players buy tickets and the price money is based on the aprticipation. E.g. 100 players spend 5.000 each to purchase one ticket. the total price money would be 5.000.000 dollar. However, there wouldn't be any monmey sink if it would be done that way. Therefore, a subtraction of x percent (e.g. 20%) could be used to support Pokemon In Needs Ltd.

Those measurements would be sufficient to control the flow of in game money, at least to a certain degree, without harming the economy or getting on the nerves of players. Inflation can never be controlled completely if there is not a set maximum amount of money circulating through the economy.

PS: Some more suggestions may be added within the next days, depending on the feedback.

1) I agree with this.

2) It was very often declared by staff that Fly will not be usable, or if it ever will, it won't be free.

3-4) Anything that makes the game play-to-win is a bad idea these two included.

5) This is already planned, although a tax may not be necessary.

6) I like this.

By the way, why are so many crying about the economy 2 weeks after the game's release? It's not even clear from your post if you want the money sinking to be increased or decreased...

I agree with point 1 and I already suggested the same changes to vitamins price to make them a money sinkhole. Also they should make it so that there is no limit to vitamin usage for a single stat, this way we could use Protein until we hit the 252 limit.

Point 2 I don't agree with. What has to be done is to reduce subway costs to 500, this way it would be a really effective money sinkhole.

I don't like point 3 and 4, sorry.

I agree with last two points.

290pmq8.png

[glow=red]I am okay with all the points except two and three.

Point 2: just no.

Point 3: takes the fun out of hunting and battling. wouldn't be fun to battle if all the pokes out there are perfectly natured.[/glow]

WCEmNxe.jpg

[glow=red]SkyHorizon's Guild Thread[/glow]:

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8107

[glow=red]SkyHorizon's Trade Center[/glow]: https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=11984

[glow=red]SkyHorizon's Daycare Center[/glow]: https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=17049

1) Well only one line, Work hard or Pay more for shortcuts.

2) Subway System sounds much better, so just no for FLY.

3-4) These should never ever be implemented.

5) Ugh.....Isn't that what Auction house do in real? Take a percentage of the money?

6) Love this idea :y:

SweetieSerena.gif

[glow=green]

Made by Somes, Killua, mixunli and CarlosAST

<i>[/glow]</i>