350k for an ms, is this a joke?

Viper99

its just as simple as when it was 100k ppl had less money now ppl have more money so values go higher too, people have milions now, its not that hard to make money, so it wouldn't be fair for people who spend their irl money to keep the price 100k when ppl got milions lol

but i would agree that the value of ms shouldnt go higher than 300-400k because ms doesnt give much, only access to some poks which eventually will be catchable in other places too, ms in other games used to be with milions because it raises the shiny encounter rate, in this game it shouldnt be a lot :p

tumblr_ovzslcv3uF1vptsxro1_500.gif

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

188823 It is ridiculouss how greedy everyone is. Its like no one is nice and every wants to make 1000% profit. MS shouldnt be tradeable imo. MS is something to support the makers, and not to buy things.

Sadly there are still people who think that some pokes are worth over 1mil. Everyone only thinks about themselves. That is not how pokemon should be lol

businis isnt based on how people feel its all calculated, poks worth over more than 1 mil because a lot of people want those poks and they have milions so bids always decide a pokemon value, its just similar to irl, ppl dont say a ferrari worths tons of money coz they only think about themselves xd

It is ridiculouss how greedy everyone is. Its like no one is nice and every wants to make 1000% profit. MS shouldnt be tradeable imo. MS is something to support the makers, and not to buy things.

Sadly there are still people who think that some pokes are worth over 1mil. Everyone only thinks about themselves. That is not how pokemon should be lol

i think some pkms are indeed worth over 1mil, 2mil or even more.

After u spend days and still can not find a "good" one, then u will think that "epic" pkm is worth over 1mil.

because earning 1 mil is much easier than finding an epic rare pkm.

Don't forget that the game is pvp-based game.

188823 MS shouldnt be tradeable imo.

but i agree a little bit on this part, the only thing i dont agree with is that some poks are MS only, so it wouldnt be fair for people who cant afford MS with real money, thats why its tradable but in the other part some people use this advantage to make a lot of money just selling MS and doing nothing which also not fair for people who spend hours to make money, so maybe it should be limited like one player cant sell more than an "amount" to other players.

188823 MS shouldnt be tradeable imo.

but i agree a little bit on this part, the only thing i dont agree with is that some poks are MS only, so it wouldnt be fair for people who cant afford MS with real money, thats why its tradable but in the other part some people use this advantage to make a lot of money just selling MS and doing nothing which also not fair for people who spend hours to make money, so maybe it should be limited like one player cant sell more than an "amount" to other players.

True, and some encounter rates should just go up, the people with the most epic teams sold alot of MS or just played the game for 1000+ hours.

188823 It is ridiculouss how greedy everyone is. Its like no one is nice and every wants to make 1000% profit. MS shouldnt be tradeable imo. MS is something to support the makers, and not to buy things.

thats lame, not everyone can spend money or have credit cards to buy MS.

and if its not tradeable, makers wont make much income from it, since one account only buy 1 MS per month (its also limited for those who have paypal account / credit card / money to spend).

and the 350k price seems reasonable judging by how old red server is, how many people have been played, and how much money flows in the market.

its simple inflation concept, since not much money sink in the game right now.

and yea i even bought a pokemon for 5.5m because its worth the price, you know how much time and effort you need to have an very epic poke?

i think you have no idea how hard to get them and you just want an easy game.

This topic came up not too long ago so I will say here what I said there as well.

I think the price of MS on the servers is a non-issue. Firstly, membership is a non-intrusive micro-transaction, this means that not having the MS does not prevent you from playing the game and enjoying it. Therefore the MS is not essential to the game, no one "needs" an MS they only "want" an MS. To me 350k+ is unreasonable for an MS and therefore I would not buy it. However some people do think it is reasonable and so those people do buy them. If I wanted to sell a piece of furniture for $200 and someone was willing to pay $200, why would I ever sell it to anyone for less than that $200. The price of any commodity in a free market is determined by how much someone will pay for said commodity. If some people are willing to pay 500k for an MS medallion then people will sell them for 500k. Anyone who sells it for less than the market value is either generous or stupid. This is also why the so called "fake bidders" are a non-issue; if someone ups the bid and then does not pay that price and no one else will either, the seller has no choice but to either not sell the product or restart the bidding at a lower price. This means that the problem lies not with "fake bidders" but with the people willing to outbid the "fake bidders". If no one will buy the product at a high value then eventually the value will drop to meet demand.

TL;DR - If you don't want to pay what you consider an unreasonable amount for something, don't pay it, and don't complain.

Addendum- It is also important to note that in-game currency is exactly that, a currency. In the case of PRO the value of the in-game currency is weighed against a constant outside currency, which for all intents and purposes is $5 (the price of a MS medallion). Due to the nature of currency the value fluctuates and may inflate or deflate. A month ago $5 was equivalent to 120k, now it is equivalent to 350k+. That is just how currency works (albeit in a very simplified form).

~destofworlds: Origins Guild Sub-Leader

topics about ms inflation like this "joke" are just made by people who just don't understand the concept of economics and market forces.

and i remember me ranting about ms being high a time back and a player gave me a golden talk " no matter how much you pay for ms, you will end up benefiting the triple of that amount". And this is true ms is worth it and will rise due to people getting richer i activated my ms meddalion today and i roughly grinded about 70k without doing much work. We as players can't do nothing and making it non-tradable is the lamest possible outcome.