Ivs, Evs, Competative. Thoughs, Reminiscing

Pinknblack

1. 1.

Not hating on the competitive scene.

Bolded that for a reason, Okay - Does anyone else remember the old days? When you were 5-10 years old waking up to watch pokemon every saturday?

You see Ash catching, loving, training these pokemon to let them be who they wanted to be.

Do you remember Paul?

The actual trainer that was an EV trainer.

Do you remember watching him turn away his chimchar because it was too weak for him?

I get it, you guys want to win, you guys REALLY want to win. You want the utterly BEST Pokemon you can get. Because all other Pokemon that are less than the best are shit.

It's just, a little bit frustrating - when someone who grew up owning every pokemon game, and who was a casual player. Came to the online scene to find everyone raging and biting people over Iv's, Ev's and stuff like that.

Growing up it was shiny or not - nobody really cared. They trained their teams and battled without really caring about the pokemon's Iv's.

But I mean, I feel like this community is going to be the type to completely dominate just by ruining the game for those who does not want to sit there and find perfect IV pokemon just to have a chance at succeeding.

It's like I just started, but I'm already sort of feeling like I'm going to just stop playing before even the first gym just because I look at the chat and seeing people Only talking about if a pokemon is shit or not based on it's stats.

I mean, yeah it's shit. It's stats arn't good for competitive. Maybe I'm just old, I'm 18 years old - I grew up with pokemon, I grew up thinking of Paul as a badguy because of how he treated his pokemon.

"It's just a game and we want to win."

That will be basically anyone's comment about it.

I mean, I don't know but does the game have pokemon contests? Are those here? because Those were fun. Battling other trainers who are ev training like hell is not fun. Specially if you do not care for EV training, but then it kind of ruins the point of a Pokemon MMO doesn't it?

Everyone is allowed to play the game the way they want (as long as they abide by the rules and are respectful of others).

There are PLENTY of users in this community that play the game for reasons other than competitive play, but this is an MMO where you're easily able to compare what you have to others.

We plan on adding additional content at some point which doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the competitive scene, though, so don't worry!!

wycTAcv.gif

Sig created by Annazhee

Not hating on the competitive scene.

Bolded that for a reason, Okay - Does anyone else remember the old days? When you were 5-10 years old waking up to watch pokemon every saturday?

You see Ash catching, loving, training these pokemon to let them be who they wanted to be.

Do you remember Paul?

The actual trainer that was an EV trainer.

Do you remember watching him turn away his chimchar because it was too weak for him?

I get it, you guys want to win, you guys REALLY want to win. You want the utterly BEST Pokemon you can get. Because all other Pokemon that are less than the best are shit.

It's just, a little bit frustrating - when someone who grew up owning every pokemon game, and who was a casual player. Came to the online scene to find everyone raging and biting people over Iv's, Ev's and stuff like that.

Growing up it was shiny or not - nobody really cared. They trained their teams and battled without really caring about the pokemon's Iv's.

But I mean, I feel like this community is going to be the type to completely dominate just by ruining the game for those who does not want to sit there and find perfect IV pokemon just to have a chance at succeeding.

It's like I just started, but I'm already sort of feeling like I'm going to just stop playing before even the first gym just because I look at the chat and seeing people Only talking about if a pokemon is shit or not based on it's stats.

I mean, yeah it's shit. It's stats arn't good for competitive. Maybe I'm just old, I'm 18 years old - I grew up with pokemon, I grew up thinking of Paul as a badguy because of how he treated his pokemon.

"It's just a game and we want to win."

That will be basically anyone's comment about it.

I mean, I don't know but does the game have pokemon contests? Are those here? because Those were fun. Battling other trainers who are ev training like hell is not fun. Specially if you do not care for EV training, but then it kind of ruins the point of a Pokemon MMO doesn't it?

Have you seen pokemon with OT Sage, i have horrid IV's and nature's i could care less!, i don't plan on doing END game PVP i am simply playing this game for a pass time so all the other stuff who cares i will enjoy my time at molasses rate while enjoying it all the way through.

Don't give up hope, about the way pokemon use to be. it is nice to be AWARE of Natures and IVs because before i found this out i was wondering why some pokemon where "better" however tbh it doesn't matter. i'm more worried about catching the pokemon and enjoying myself along the journey

if you are one who enjoys collecting/catching pokemon, then the ruthlessness of the pvp scene would be to your advantage. you should be able to obtain any pokemon you want for a reasonable price if the ivs dont matter to you.

Then again, once you have quickly obtained all the pokemon you want, you will eventually look for a new goal, which will probably be to collect shinies, or better iv pokemon. So yeah, even if you avoid it at the start, you are going to have to face the problem of better iv pokemon, simply being better. i mean i have have plenty of bagons/dratinis that arent worth the time to train nor sell... its the nature of any mmo really, and i'd advice you to get used to it :/

mLcUOgl - Imgur.png

You can play the game any way you want, as long as YOU enjoy it.

I for one have a very specific idea about what Pokes I want to have. They don't compose a strong team, they are usually not even the strongest of their type and more often than not they are considered more of a liability than the star of a PVP team. But I love those Pokes and I don't care about the rest. My goal is to get the best possible of those Pokes, practice with them and make the most of them. I will never beat the most competitive PVPers, because my team will be incapable to do it. But as long as my team is consisted of the Pokes I love, I will be content. And the rest of my Pokes will be sold or released :)