Gothitelle is too hard too counter

Mrbd

208154 Oh man. I am loving how everyone assumes that if you run stall, you'll want a Gothitelle ban. I run balanced offense. No Regenerators either. I would support a Gothitelle ban, simply because the ability to isolate and kill off a Pokemon helplessly seems overpowered to me. But eh. Since we're all protecting our own interests anyway, let's just do whatever we want. Lol.

Exactly.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

208154 Oh man. I am loving how everyone assumes that if you run stall, you'll want a Gothitelle ban. I run balanced offense. No Regenerators either. I would support a Gothitelle ban, simply because the ability to isolate and kill off a Pokemon helplessly seems overpowered to me. But eh. Since we're all protecting our own interests anyway, let's just do whatever we want. Lol.

Carmillum doesn't have a gothitelle, it's not about self interests... And I'm not going into the gothitelle ban discussion again, if you're interested in knowing why it won't be banned check out the other thread where a loooong discussion has come to a conclusion ^^

Carmillum doesn't have a gothitelle, it's not about self interests... And I'm not going into the gothitelle ban discussion again, if you're interested in knowing why it won't be banned check out the other thread where a loooong discussion has come to a conclusion ^^

He's the one who brought up stallers complaining, not me. Not about self interests? I believe he mentioned that Gothitelle was a 100% safe counter against stall, implying he wants it to stay to discourage stalling. I've been following that thread as well but it hasn't made much sense in a while.

He's the one who brought up stallers complaining, not me. Not about self interests? I believe he mentioned that Gothitelle was a 100% safe counter against stall, implying he wants it to stay to discourage stalling. I've been following that thread as well but it hasn't made much sense in a while.

Basically the "commonly agreed" conclusion that the thread reached was that we can talk out bans once more when important PvP stuff gets coded :) as of right now banning a catchable pokemon isn't a fair option to every player in the game.

Best TL;DR xD

Basically the "commonly agreed" conclusion that the thread reached was that we can talk out bans once more when important PvP stuff gets coded :) as of right now banning a catchable pokemon isn't a fair option to every player in the game.

Best TL;DR xD

Yeah, people have been saying that since like page 20 lol and everyone kinda just insulted everyone else after that. Fun stuff. I agree that we should wait for items but I would still support a ban. Not insist. Support. Lol.

Yeah, people have been saying that since like page 20 lol and everyone kinda just insulted everyone else after that. Fun stuff. I agree that we should wait for items but I would still support a ban. Not insist. Support. Lol.

Yeah, honestly I wouldn't mind supporting gothitelle shadow tag ban if some other efficient way to deal with slowbro regen or perma switching between 2 regen (or perma switching between 3 regen... yes that happened, slowbro, amoongus, tangrowth) was coded in the game (see choice band / specs for heavier damage for example) ^^

Games in high ladder were lasting hours because it would come to a pp war, at least gothitelle speeds things up by a lot avoiding the insane stalling that dominates the current PRO pvp meta ^^

Yeah, honestly I wouldn't mind supporting gothitelle shadow tag ban if some other efficient way to deal with slowbro regen or perma switching between 2 regen (or perma switching between 3 regen... yes that happened, slowbro, amoongus, tangrowth) was coded in the game (see choice band / specs for heavier damage for example) ^^

Games in high ladder were lasting hours because it would come to a pp war, at least gothitelle speeds things up by a lot avoiding the insane stalling that dominates the current PRO pvp meta ^^

Yeah man, I totally get that. On one hand, we have a good, balanced ability in Regenerator which becomes ridiculously hard to deal with because it's so easily abusable. On the other, we have a clearly uncompetitive ability, paired with a pokemon who can abuse it, which does kill stall. It only seems fair that if one gets to stay, so does the other.

Read my post again ;) It was mostly sarcasm and pique. I am also running a balanced team and my whole strategy is not focussing on stalling. However, I am sure you know this is not how you win here. I think we agree on the whole mess, like you summarize it in your last sentence -> "It only seems fair that if one gets to stay, so does the other." :Grin:

4FVP

If you let your pokemon designated to beat slowbro die then it is not an issue of how good the core is, it's how you play your team. Also, if a slowbro is at full health it isn't wise to stay in and knock off knowing it won't kill. You have to save Bisharp for a late game sweep and wait until Slowbro is weakened. And Tyranitar's sand does affect your team but it also weakens the opponents team so you aren't at any disadvantage. Stall is a fair style of play and it does take some time to beat depending on how you play but it is not better than any other style of play. I will read what you said about Mew over again and reply.

Oh man,

Everything can happen in PvP there is ton of factors, sometimes sacrifice needed for a better good, and its almost impossible to keep all of your poke alive in a high rating match.

Just try to imagine the condition, when you still have 4/5 pokes left and your opponent only have Slowbro and Blissey left. But you don't have any poke who have enough power to took slowbro down in 2 hit.

The match will be end, and you will be win YES!! but the opponent can play you around with switch heal and stuff just to ruin the match and waste your time.

And why is that? its because REGENERATOR easy to abuse here since we lack of dmg boosted item.

Its better now because server are way more stable, have you ever experience this when server are very unstable? and then it suddenly crash then you gain nothing from those time you wasted on that match.