More detailed patchnotes

Pearljam

Is this too much to ask? Is the community strong enough to fill the gaps? I'm not sure.

Currently it seems patch-notes are limited to Shane's endeavors and major projects.

Example:

• Removed Fletchinder from Trainers Valley
    New trees have been added to Sevault canyon
    Whimsicott has been added to Sevault canyon (headbutt)
    Pangoro removed from Sites
    Piplup removed from sites
    Daycare quest implemented (start at Brock in Pewter city)
    Pangoro moved to Daycare quest
    Rarity of snorlax has been increased to extremely rare
    Rarity of Beldum has been decreased to rare

Edit: Emphasis on making notes on changes made to pre-existing features/mechanics/etc.

PRO PVP pokemon directory made by me

Pearl's Guitar SHop- My Trade Thread (Blue server)

[glow=red]It can't get Eddie Vedder than this.[/glow]

207416 Is this too much to ask? Is the community strong enough to fill the gaps? I'm not sure.

Currently it seems patch-notes are limited to Shane's endeavors and major projects.

Example:

These detail not need to show from my opinion, also these information you can get easy from community. About the rarity, the staff adjust overtime, so it need to post update overtime? About some quest or feature adding, they always announcement (as doctor quest and valley of steel). About pokemon removed, you always can check it by pokedex, or ask in help chat for community have data pokemon already.

The patchnote should be only noticed to the major thing, about the minor thing it is not need and will be risk if other games using it in they game. And also many guide make by community, not by staff (as it not part or job of staff doing it). The effort and make by themselves (community) should be the main point with community in MMO game.

207416 Is this too much to ask? Is the community strong enough to fill the gaps? I'm not sure.

Example:

These detail not need to show from my opinion, also these information you can get easy from community. About the rarity, the staff adjust overtime, so it need to post update overtime? About some quest or feature adding, they always announcement (as doctor quest and valley of steel). About pokemon removed, you always can check it by pokedex, or ask in help chat for community have data pokemon already.

The patchnote should be only noticed to the major thing, about the minor thing it is not need and will be risk if other games using it in they game. And also many guide make by community, not by staff (as it not part or job of staff doing it). The effort and make by themselves (community) should be the main point with community in MMO game.

Pokedex doesn't show rarity or headbutt locations.

More work done/progress made ties into a happier community. People feel more inclined to donate when they actively see a game build. This is the primary reason PRO has Community Coordinators, to breach the gap between staff and player. But, I appreciate your input and hope we get more of it.

Example:

+1 please make this a thing

basically listing everything that i had done in the last 2 days.

I prefer to change stuff and let players find out for themselves, little thing called suprise :) Plus I don't look for praise on my changes, so theres that also.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

Example:

207512 basically listing everything that i had done in the last 2 days.

I prefer to change stuff and let players find out for themselves, little thing called suprise :) Plus I don't look for praise on my changes, so theres that also.

I disagree with the idea of getting informed about new things. Surprise is always good, imagine if you talk to that random npc one day after you have got your Suicune spirit stone and he triggers the Suicune quest that is finally released, out of nowhere! Or you headbutt a newly added tree in the Valley of Steel and find a Honedge there!

I agree with the idea though of letting us know about stuff that is moved or removed. From personal experience, hunting that Riolu for 5 poke mornings in Johto safari until I randomly saw that it no longer spawns there was not a surprise, but a complete waste of time. There was and will not be any joy in the game on that.

I agree with the idea though of letting us know about stuff that is moved or removed. From personal experience, hunting that Riolu for 5 poke mornings in Johto safari until I randomly saw that it no longer spawns there was not a surprise, but a complete waste of time. There was and will not be any joy in the game on that.

My examples are things that have been changed in a discreet manner. I'm a big fan of surprises myself, but only when things are added. The way jirachi was added, for example. There wasn't a giant message from staff saying you can get jirachi if you follow steps 1-7 etc--and that was all in good fun. But when things are removed or switched and players cannot detect them, it sucks. I can't look in my pokedex and see where to get headbutt, rarities, boss, quest, and sites.

What I'm getting at is surprises should be exclusively for gifts. "SURPRISE! Instead of getting a new present, we're taking away last years!", "SURPRISE! Your tax rate has been raised to 35%!" These examples are overly melodramatic but the rhetoric stays the same, people don't like bad surprises. For example, normally I headbutt for venipede; but, I haven't seen one for a week. I don't have a damnedest clue whether they were removed or if I just got unlucky. Thor does a relatively good job of giving hints within respective guides, but it'd be nice to have condensed staff verified notes to work from to be sure when things are changed/removed.

I support this. Surprise is good when you see a random new NPC and gives out a brand new spanking quest, but we should at least be informed about spawn changes because there's usually no way of knowing otherwise. I play almost daily and everything PearlJam mentioned is news to me.