Immersion and Aesthetics

Canadian

1. 1.

I'm absolutely loving the changes in Pokemon Revolution that set it apart from the single player games and other Pokemon MMORPGs. The overworld is brilliantly designed, and there are a lot of twists to the story (I'm only just past Vermillion now, so bear with me) that really take the game on another turn that the single player titles never did. I especially like the introduction of the Pokemon War just when you're about to enter Vermillion City, it adds that level of immersion and yanks on your strings with the story in ways that make the game that much more refreshing than the original Pokemon games.

That said, the game is not without its flaws. I haven't noticed too many actual bugs (once you get past the login screen, at least. prior to sometimes the queue window doesn't pop up), but much like many other Pokemon MMORPGs I feel you're focusing on creating new content too much over polishing the content that's already there. Don't get me wrong, I love new content, and I can't wait to see what kind of changes are in Johto's and Hoenn's stories; but before adding any other regions or environments I think you should polish a few things.

• - Battle themes - I'm starting to get tired of hearing the same battle theme over and over, even if the Gen 6 themes were very good. It seems to only switch between wild Pokemon and trainers, so having the differentiation between legendary Pokemon, wild Pokemon, other overworld encounters, rivals, Gym Leaders, Elite Four, and other antagonists such as Team Rocket, Magma, Aqua, etc... They should all be able to use their own music.
    - Move animations - I really like what they're doing with the moves they currently have animated, but it really seems to be only the extremely popular moves that are being animated at the moment. I really would like if you continued to add animations to each move.
    - Client-Side Visual Modding - now, maybe you guys don't want to add this and for good reason. You don't want to give the public any way to modify your game files. But I would especially appreciate being able to use the Gen 6 sprites from Pokemon Showdown, or customize my HUD to be more transparent and minimalistic. Having some better options to choose from would definitely help with my immersion.

Anyway, overall I play Pokemon games more for the immersion and story than anything else, and by far you guys are nailing it much more than any other Pokemon MMORPG I've experienced thus far. But I still feel there's a way to go. Please keep up the good work, and consider these suggestions before adding new content. :y: :thanks:

Stuff's added constantly, there's been more animations added in the past month or so.

I think things like Hoenn obviously held up smaller additions such as anything along these lines, variety is always good though if I had music turned on I might want more too XD

ge6aLM7.png

Client side modding will never be a thing, we have a gifted spriting and graphics team who are working hard behind the scenes to create more content.

Adding things require client updates, everything that gets worked on gets added in those intervals. Drawing animations take a while, the reason the more popular moves hwve been done first is because, well theyre more popular :p

Currently we're focused on both creating content, and fixing and adding features. We only have 1 client/server developer, whereas we have a good 15 people on the content side of things. Music therefore takes a back seat.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

208287We only have 1 client/server developer.

why? this game definitely isn't at a stage where you can consider your client complete... and it's even worse that your client developer is also your server developer. that just means client upgrades will never happen. is it because you're sacrificing updates for security?

if it's because you don't want to introduce bugs, i think a sandbox/version control would take care of that.

Certain developers won't let anyone else near the core code to protect this code from leaking out online. This is actually very smart to do, anyway, it's a completely free game that these people are doing for fun and allowing you to play on it. So yea...

The only way to become the best, is to acknowledge the worst.

For even the worst can take out the best, and the best cannot be the best

without the worst. -Nick

208311 Certain developers won't let anyone else near the core code to protect this code from leaking out online. This is actually very smart to do, anyway, it's a completely free game that these people are doing for fun and allowing you to play on it. So yea...

it's not like this game is a summer project, though. it's pretty huge and will most likely require more than a single dev to scale and to polish... there's always non-disclosure/non-compete/other legal forms, but i guess it's pretty complicated to deal with bringing someone else on board when there's nobody you can trust and when your game could probably receive a cease/desist at any moment.

208311 Certain developers won't let anyone else near the core code to protect this code from leaking out online. This is actually very smart to do, anyway, it's a completely free game that these people are doing for fun and allowing you to play on it. So yea...

it's not like this game is a summer project, though. it's pretty huge and will most likely require more than a single dev to scale and to polish... there's always non-disclosure/non-compete/other legal forms, but i guess it's pretty complicated to deal with bringing someone else on board when there's nobody you can trust and when your game could probably receive a cease/desist at any moment.

Well they already have a standing with nintendo and such, as long as it remains a non-profit game they are fine. But it's just more of securing a fantastically made system. All I can say is, in the MUD I worked on for years and years, no one knew the inner structure to my code up until I sold the rights. This was to protect my code and also to prevent someone with a bad attitude from destroying it. (Yes I have plenty of back-ups) but it's just a headache. I agree with him needing more coders/devs but I also understand why he's not. My only thing is people should be a little less demanding and a lot more supportive. It just seems highly ungrateful to me for someone to say "you're not doing a good enough job keeping me happy" even though what they are doing, they could just stop and say screw all of you. I enjoy what's been worked on so far, even with the bugs it's better than not having it at all.

The only way to become the best, is to acknowledge the worst.

For even the worst can take out the best, and the best cannot be the best

without the worst. -Nick