Beldum Unjustifiable Catch Rate

Caspar

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

208610 Beldum has the same catch rate as Mewtwo

MewTwo can't be caught in this game, you should rephrase this.

mM8upD5.gif

[glow=magenta]I am but a humble Former GM / Moderator.[/glow]

[glow=magenta]Do not PM me for ban concerns. I will either ignore or just delete them.[/glow]

208672 i dunno.. i just use spore and spam ultraballs, my average is at 10 and 20ish highest :Ambivalent:

and the beldum was almost full hp

Then I feel like the variance of the catch rate is too high, since some players catch it with 10-20ish and some don't get it with 200+ ultraballs (ask the poor deidara7), maybe working on extreme value could fix the obnoxious feeling around catching beldums :)

I think we can all agree that 120k (100 ultraballs) just for the chance of catching one (let it go it being a good one, if you're interested I can post the probability of your first encounter being epic it's crazy xD) is a bit too much to get even in extremely unlucky cases.

125k, actually. Both area where Beldum spawn costs 5k to enter.

I think we have to consider the entrance cost as well, as without paying the entrance cost, the chance to even see Beldum (let alone catching it) is basically zero.

I'm still on the fence about increasing its catch rate, though......on one side I can understand the frustration, on the other side, I personally don't have problem with it.....Beldum with 1 HP and Asleep, has around 4.3% or 4.4% chance to be caught in an Ultra Ball, which apparently means the average tries to catch it is around 22-24 Ultra Balls, which is still a justifiable amount to me if it's true.

Though, if 7 or 10 players took more than 100 ultra ball to catch 1 HP asleep Beldum, then yeah, maybe the catch rate is bugged and should be checked. Just 1 time of spending 100 Ultra balls is not enough to say anything about buggy catch rate.

I think we can all agree that 120k (100 ultraballs) just for the chance of catching one (let it go it being a good one, if you're interested I can post the probability of your first encounter being epic it's crazy xD) is a bit too much to get even in extremely unlucky cases.

125k, actually. Both area where Beldum spawn costs 5k to enter.

I think we have to consider the entrance cost as well, as without paying the entrance cost, the chance to even see Beldum (let alone catching it) is basically zero.

I'm still on the fence about increasing its catch rate, though......on one side I can understand the frustration, on the other side, I personally don't have problem with it.....Beldum with 1 HP and Asleep, has around 4.3% or 4.4% chance to be caught in an Ultra Ball, which apparently means the average tries to catch it is around 22-24 Ultra Balls, which is still a justifiable amount to me if it's true.

Though, if 7 or 10 players took more than 100 ultra ball to catch 1 HP asleep Beldum, then yeah, maybe the catch rate is bugged and should be checked. Just 1 time of spending 100 Ultra balls is not enough to say anything about buggy catch rate.

^ heard of way more than 10 players with 100+ ultraballs x.x

Then I feel like the variance of the catch rate is too high, since some players catch it with 10-20ish and some don't get it with 200+ ultraballs (ask the poor deidara7), maybe working on extreme value could fix the obnoxious feeling around catching beldums :)

it is understandable as beldum catch rate are lower than 1% compared to mew who have like 5%ish.

i agree on idea of adjust its catch rate, maybe close to mew catch rate? rather than low 1%ish chance (these are with pokeballs xD)

208651 The amount of money that you use to catch it is diminished if you change catch rate. I for one think its good for the game that there are pokemon that you need to invest money into to get.

That is actually a fair enough point, beldum is the first pokemon on which you need to actually invest some money in just to get the chance of catching, so it could be understandable that the community responded with mostly complaints.

But then again it's a tier 9 pokemon (according to the recent changes in spawns, tier 4 extremely rare according to the previous spawn rating) so the risk of "everyone having metagrosses" isn't really there.

Also we're not talking about a drastical increase like 1 pokeball and boom done, there are mid-ways between 1 pokeball and over 90 ultraballs (or 150 balls, or... or...), an average catch ratio hard-enough and not obnoxious could be around 20-40 ultraballs with extreme values not going over (with an extremely rare probability) 60 or under 5.

I know What you mean. I understand your point. I the real problem in my opinion is that metagross isnt even that good. Its one of the hardest pokemon to get. Probably the hardest. (unless you hunt for H.a. tier 9 pokemon). I think the mechanics of difficulty that beldum has should be attached to better pokemon that will get more use in PVP. There are some pokemon with just stupid rarity for useful they actually are (shinx, jotho starters <- i kinda understand this one, corpish) are and others that are very powerful and fairly common (looking at regen slowbro, gyarados, weavile). I think at preset its fairly balanced however I do feel like the main reason for difficulty to get pokemon should be usefulness of PVP, popularity of pokemon, lore in that order of impact. This is just my opinion.

I understand your point that beldum could still be hard to get but as of right now there are many people hunting for it. Than it will be even more just because of the change. The influx of beldums is at an OKay point as it is even with many people being unhappy with the difficulty.

Well they seem to be trying to strike a balance between being true to the handhelds and having a good MMO. They've been faithful to the catch rates so far and I don't see that changing any time soon. But yeah, it kinda sucks.

Thanks for your comments/opinions. I only want the catch rate adjusted properly to the difficulty level of PRO. The official games, any baby can beat the game without effort. I should not have to waste over 200 poke balls to catch a synch fail Beldum. I am a hunter, I am patience... but this Beldum catch rate is insane. :Frown:

EDIT: One comment, Beldum is NOT worth farming. At ALL! Unless you get extremely lucky, you will lose your money. I am not going to bother time anymore when I spot a Beldum in the excavation site. They are not worth my time. I took an hour to catch the trash one I mentioned.

4ef1544e56.png

signature_caspar.png