pokemon location

Daggerwillo

does this game follow pokemon red as far as where you can find certain pokemon? i feel like i see way to many rattata,caterpe, and other basic pokemon. does this game have all the pokemon from red in it and are they in the areas you would catch them on red?

Hi DaggerWillo, From my experience the placement of the Pokemon is very similar to previous games. However Pokemon can be seen in other areas from time to time. Also there is a little arrow to the right of the screen which brings up a box of all the Pokemon in the area however you have to have seen them first for them to show up in this box. Hope this helps.

210118 a couple more questions so i dont open up multiple threads, best way to train my magicarp? where do i get a fishing pole? bike? is there motocycles for sale? and how do we mount our pokemon like doduo, or gerodose

Magikarp:

You have to start every battle with it and switch it out until it learns Tackle. I would recommend getting one with Tackle by default as this can be tedious. After that, just Tackle things to death. Magikarp is one of the fastest leveling Pokemon in the game.

Old Rod:

The first fishing rod can be found in one of the houses in Vermilion.

Bike:

You have to pay for a kid's rent in one of the houses in Vermilion (75k) and he'll give you a bike voucher which you can exchange at Cerulean.

Mounts:

Mounts are separate items like a Bike. You can't ride your Pokemon.

The spanws are similar, but can also change very much from the original games: it depends from area to area. Consider that in Kanto there are lost of pokemon from the genetarions above the I one, so, mainly for the MS pokemon, the spawns are different.

From 2015: I'm still here