Not sure if this is a rollback or a separate issue

Spaceykcbee

PRO Username: spaceyKCBee

Have you looked at the FAQ to solve your issue?: Yes

On which server issue happened: RED

What have you done before the problem was there?

Played normally.

What have you already tried to solve the problem?

Mostly just tried looking around the forums for help.

Description and Message

I'm very new to this game so I'm not sure what all the common bugs and glitches are. I know there are rollback issues with server crashes, which is annoying but whatever. I'm not sure if what happened to me is normal or not, though.

Basically, I started up the game for the first time and played a bit, chose my starter, caught about four Pokemon, whatever.

Next time I play, it goes all the way back to Oak greeting me for the first time. Not a huge deal, I choose my starter again, catch some Pokemon. I log off and back on several times over a day or so I think, and everything's cool. I believe my saves were fine even directly following a server crash. At this point I've caught about eight Pokemon and spent some time grinding to level them up.

But then earlier today, I logged on again, and I had somehow been rolled back to the first day I played? With those original four Pokemon. Is that a normal thing, for it to roll back that far? I almost think of them as different saves, to be honest, so it was really strange to me. And a little annoying after the grinding.

Note that I always log off of the server before closing the game; I haven't ever force closed. I understand that's an issue with roll backs... Anyway, I don't expect to get the other Pokemon back without having to catch them again, but I'm wondering if this is normal and/or how I can avoid it happening again in the future.