New server should be called Green

Ysae

1. 1.

212669 hmm... ok the only viable option is to offer transfer to players, or start from scratch. Oh well :Ambivalent:

I would like to know when new server is going to start. Im thinking about buying some coins for membership as well for "donate" creators. It would be shame to buy coins that I cannot transfer on new server.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man!!!!! so dissapointed about the name, this should be a parallel universe if you named it yellow, this is pokemon man! red blue and GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im so maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddddddd

EDIT: I LITERALLY WAS WAITING THE GREEN ONE SERVER TO START TO PLAY THIS GAME. MY STARTER IS BULBA, I LOVE GREEN COLOUR AND ALWAYS AND FOREVER POKEMON WILL BE ABOUT RED BLUE AND GREEN. WHY THE ONLY GOOD ONLINE POKEMON GAME DO THIS TO ME.

V2CiQvu.png?3

212673 I would like to know when new server is going to start. Im thinking about buying some coins for membership as well for "donate" creators. It would be shame to buy coins that I cannot transfer on new server.

I understand

212676 man!!!!! so dissapointed about the name

I suppose Yellow is more commercially known, since I think Green was only ever an Asian-side-of-the-world thing.

Also i actually prefer wait a year, if you make the game from 0, to play a so limited game in so much aspects... this game have so much potential, and it cant take advantage of it, cause the software engineering aplied to it seems to be not thought in design for big matters.

And let me tell you, i know how much insane work and effort u must be put on it already, you must be a genius if you were working almost alone on this... but i cant help it, i think it have so much potential and it's stuck in a small bowl. That's a shame.

V2CiQvu.png?3

212665 It isnt possible without creating the game from scratch, it was never designed for it..

To be honest, i aimed for 400 players tops.

So this is the only way we can go.

I have posted this in vote topic of 3rd server and I think it was some kind lost in that amount of replys.

So .. even this would result in recreating client, I think - if handled well, PRO could be handling thousands of players only with one server.

(This wos reply on why there is no possibility of increasing server population...)

well ... the question is .... why are SSDs at 100%?

well .. Talking about this - I dont know the specifics of one server but ...

If anyone knows the WoW server NOSTALRIUS, which was closed few months ago, their PVP realm hosted on one physical machine over 6000 players in peak ... and I think, that WoW is much more computing-power-consuming solution.

I know that this is maybe question for further development ... but how about to move some game actions from server to client? Like creating wild battles, handling NPC battles, handling some original content related to progress, which will definitely not change ...

If correctly protected from hacking it via RAM editing or fake messages sended to server, clients would be able just to send reports of some actions and server will not need handling every common thing and there will be some space for handling more clients

See - I mean ... hundereds players doing wild battles. For each battle, server has to generate what pokemon it is, what are its stats, what are its moves, then it has to calculate every damage done....

All that can handle the client. Everything client needs are battle data ... lets say some huge table of all possible variations. All that propertly hashed and protected against editing.

Even the thing like encounter in grass can handle the client...

So the only thing in case of battles would be send to server is the result - what pokemon it was, what result of battle it was, how many exp gained to what pokemon ... server would have mirrored game tables, where it checks, if corrected amount of exp was gained (just another wall of protection against client attacks and fake data) and then it updates player data.

Only one connect action against continuous data flow of current setting. (of course there will be more, like keep alive data, that the client is not idling but fighting)

And there is more actions that can be handled this way...

212680 Also i actually prefer wait a year, if you make the game from 0, to play a so limited game in so much aspects... this game have so much potential, and it cant take advantage of it, cause the software engineering aplied to it seems to be not thought in design for big matters.

And let me tell you, i know how much insane work and effort u must be put on it already, you must be a genius if you were working almost alone on this... but i cant help it, i think it have so much potential and it's stuck in a small bowl. That's a shame.

Why don't you get out a build a better game then? It's a free-to-play deved by one guy with a full time job, wife and kids. This isn't some large company behind this. Have some respect.

IdtVvFv.png

[glow=teal]Co-Leader of Memoire[/glow]

[glow=purple]Join Memoire today! https://goo.gl/7cFSFE[/glow]

212680 Also i actually prefer wait a year, if you make the game from 0, to play a so limited game in so much aspects... this game have so much potential, and it cant take advantage of it, cause the software engineering aplied to it seems to be not thought in design for big matters.

All because he chose Yellow instead of Green? lolwut.

Kqbe2UX.png

Why don't you get out a build a better game then? It's a free-to-play deved by one guy with a full time job, wife and kids. This isn't some large company behind this. Have some respect.

Dude shut up, i said he is a genius, and i said my opinion about his game, this is the best online pokemon game and it's stuck in number of player's capcity. It's hard to me to keep this reply PG actually, people like you makes me angry. I had respect, but you dont have the enough intellect to see that. I shouldnt mess with boot-lickers like you, so bye bootlicker.

V2CiQvu.png?3

Guys relax no need to flame, instead discuss in a reasonable manner, exchanging thoughts and solutions.

In order to rebuild the game, we would need actual funding for the project. I am not sure if the community here would be enough money, so perhaps a Kickstarter funding, although it could get messy since many people might not be as open to fund a Nintendo-like project... Not sure here.