Ultimate Starting Guide and Resource Bin for PRO

Hardmodebot

Re: Mega Starting Guide for PRO

<t>Great Guide! somthing i noticed when you were talking about the shiny pokemon "so they will be hard to miss if you come across one." Should be changed to "so they shouldn't be hard to miss if you come across one."</t>

<r><QUOTE author="prawduh559"><s>

</s><POST content="213157"><s></s>213157<e></e></POST> Great Guide! somthing i noticed when you were talking about the shiny pokemon "so they will be hard to miss if you come across one." Should be changed to "so they shouldn't be hard to miss if you come across one."<e>
</e></QUOTE>

Fixed, thanks!</r>

<r><QUOTE author="Eleaten"><s>

</s><POST content="213137"><s></s>213137<e></e></POST> Nice guide! If you want more potential questions/information you might want to check out my guide <URL url="https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=5831"><s></s>here<e></e></URL>. I didn't take much time to format it so it doesn't look very enticing.<e>
</e></QUOTE>

Awesome, has a lot more I didn't think about. Do I have permission to pull from it? I would reference your guide as an additional resource and credit you.</r>

<r>Very nice, this will be a useful resource/masterlist of information and guides for newbies to read over when they're starting the game. <E>:y:</E> Few things I'd like to point out:<br/>

<QUOTE><s>

</s><SIZE size="100"><s></s><B><s></s><COLOR color="#0080FF"><s></s>Why can't I place a pokemon into the daycare to get eggs? I want to farm epic IVs!<e></e></COLOR><e></e></B><e></e></SIZE><br/>

<B><s></s>At the moment, there is no breeding, however each pokemon displays both their IVs and EVs! Just tap on them and look next to their base stats.<e></e></B>

<e>

</e></QUOTE>

There will never be breeding in PRO, so "at the moment" is a bit misleading. There have been a lot of threads made about this before (<URL url="https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2403"><s></s>example<e></e></URL>), and staff has made their stance clear that breeding will never be an implemented feature within PRO. To sum up: breeding ruins the MMO economy by making competitive/epic/rare Pokemon far too easy to obtain.<br/>

<QUOTE><s>

</s><SIZE size="100"><s></s><B><s></s><COLOR color="#0080FF"><s></s>Are the legendary pokemon available to catch? I want my epic Deoxys!<e></e></COLOR><e></e></B><e></e></SIZE><br/>

<SIZE size="100"><s></s><B><s></s>As of now, legendary pokemon are not available. I've heard rumors that rare certain events by the staff yield some pretty rare rewards, but as a whole they are not catch-able.<e></e></B><e></e></SIZE>

<e>

</e></QUOTE>

In fact, there are three legendaries in-game that you can already catch: <URL url="https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=10217"><s></s>Mew<e></e></URL>, <URL url="https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=15173"><s></s>Celebi<e></e></URL>, and <URL url="https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=33438"><s></s>Jirachi<e></e></URL>. Each of those Pokemon has a high set of requirements in order to complete the quest that allows you to obtain them. Staff has also stated that more legendaries will also be obtainable in the future, although only legendary Pokemon with a base stat total of 600 or lower (so Mewtwo will never be catchable by players, for example).<br/>

<br/>

Here are some other guides/threads you might find useful to include throughout your post.<br/>

<SPOILER><s>

</e></SPOILER></r>

<r><QUOTE author="Hardmodebot"><s>

</s><POST content="213078"><s></s>213078<e></e></POST> Let me know other common questions that come up! I know I had dozens when I started, but now I can't remember what they are. <E>:Ambivalent:</E><e>
</e></QUOTE>

Biggest questions for newbies are about pokemons natures, hidden abillites etc. Which pokemons are good which aren't. <br/>

What quest should we start and which ones should be done in future. Thats few things that came me on mind.</r>

<r><QUOTE author="Hardmodebot"><s>

</s><POST content="213349"><s></s>213349<e></e></POST>Awesome, has a lot more I didn't think about. Do I have permission to pull from it? I would reference your guide as an additional resource and credit you.<e>
</e></QUOTE>

Feel free to</r>

<r><QUOTE author="nightjay"><s>

</s><POST content="213399"><s></s>213399<e></e></POST> Very nice, this will be a useful resource/masterlist of information and guides for newbies to read over when they're starting the game. <E>:y:</E> Few things I'd like to point out...<e>
</e></QUOTE>

Thanks for the corrections, this is done with a lot of missing information and WIP. I seriously appreciate the corrections and links! <E>:thanks:</E> <E>:y:</E></r>