Small interface improvements

Cloudsquall

I'd like to post some things that i thought would improve the interface a bit.

1) Make tooltips available when you click on one of your team pokemon, for its abilities and nature.

2) When you click on one of your team pokemon, make a button to go to the pokedex entry.

3) Make tooltips available for moves when you look at a pokemon in the pokedex.

4) Make a zoom-in for the map. I'd also love to be able to see minimaps of each area in the map, but that's another story.

5) Make it possible for the chat to stop auto-scrolling. Sometimes I can't click on a name or a pokemon due to this.

6) Make it possible to use the trade/battle/friend/message etc commands from a pm message. Sometimes the person lags, or gets logged out, and I can't even try to friend him to find him again.

7) Maybe make a little tooltip on top of the clock, to show during which hours is which "period" of the day.

8) Make it possible to drag an item from a pokemon to another pokemon directly.

9) Add numbers (1-6) next to each pokemon in the select pokemon menu during battle. You have to do a tiny bit of puzzle solving if you have some pokemon of the same species in your team.

10) Of course, add more customization options in the items menu. But I believe this is in your plans anyway.

11) This might be huge, but pokemon nicknames?

The server just crashed, so maybe I will edit the post after logging in again to add something.

EDIT:

1) I use the run from battle button so much, I believe it deserves its own key binding. What do others say?

2) Maybe click somewhere on map and it shows which pokemon you can catch there?

3) Why not add some more bar quick buttons?

4) Maybe this is a bug report and not a suggestion, but when you change directly from a land mount to a bike, it just makes you walk. You have to press button again.

5) Maybe be able to release a pokemon without going to a box? But if I have understood your philosophy for the game, this must be a no-no.

Anyway, that's all for now. Again thanks for a great game!

EDIT 2:

1) I need to say this. Being able to open more than one pokemon windows at a time would be really helpful for comparisons.

214418 I'd like to post some things that i thought would improve the interface a bit.

1) Make tooltips available when you click on one of your team pokemon, for its abilities and nature.

2) When you click on one of your team pokemon, make a button to go to the pokedex entry.

3) Make tooltips available for moves when you look at a pokemon in the pokedex.

4) Make a zoom-in for the map. I'd also love to be able to see minimaps of each area in the map, but that's another story.

5) Make it possible for the chat to stop auto-scrolling. Sometimes I can't click on a name or a pokemon due to this.

6) Make it possible to use the trade/battle/friend/message etc commands from a pm message. Sometimes the person lags, or gets logged out, and I can't even try to friend him to find him again.

7) Maybe make a little tooltip on top of the clock, to show during which hours is which "period" of the day.

8) Make it possible to drag an item from a pokemon to another pokemon directly.

9) Add numbers (1-6) next to each pokemon in the select pokemon menu during battle. You have to do a tiny bit of puzzle solving if you have some pokemon of the same species in your team.

10) Of course, add more customization options in the items menu. But I believe this is in your plans anyway.

11) This might be huge, but pokemon nicknames?

The server just crashed, so maybe I will edit the post after logging in again to add something.

EDIT:

1) I use the run from battle button so much, I believe it deserves its own key binding. What do others say?

2) Maybe click somewhere on map and it shows which pokemon you can catch there?

3) Why not add some more bar quick buttons?

4) Maybe this is a bug report and not a suggestion, but when you change directly from a land mount to a bike, it just makes you walk. You have to press button again.

5) Maybe be able to release a pokemon without going to a box? But if I have understood your philosophy for the game, this must be a no-no.

Anyway, that's all for now. Again thanks for a great game!

EDIT 2:

1) I need to say this. Being able to open more than one pokemon windows at a time would be really helpful for comparisons.

Hey, lots of suggestions :) Here are some comments on the ones that jumped out at me:

5) My chat doesn't auto-scroll, I have to scroll manually in order to read what was posted before. Could you clarify more here?

6) If the person is so laggy that they won't be able to accept another friend request, I don't think using PM commands in the PM window would help, since they'd still be too laggy to accept the new request whether it's coming from the chatbox or the PM window.

11) Nicknames have been suggested quite a few times in the past, but they won't be a thing.

Run from battle - This is already key-bound by default, I believe. Type 1234 while you're in battle - 1 brings up the "Fight" screen, 2 brings up the Pokemon in your team, 3 brings up "Backpack," and 4 lets you run.

Map spawn list - You can already basically do this, click the arrow icon at the top right and type in the map name. It'll pull up the Pokemon that can be caught on that map.

More quick bar buttons - Tentatively planned to be implemented in the future :)

I think the rest of your suggestions would be nice interface improvements. ^^ None of them are super critical so probably would be considered low-priority, but they would definitely make the UI a bit smoother to navigate.

About autoscroll, i mean that if i go back up to see something that was posted before, then the messages should stop being bumped up each time a new message is written, because the one i wanted to see keeps getting bumped up along with the others.

I'll try with an "example". If we call the message window a "camera", then this camera moves +1 down each time a new message is posted, in order for you to see it. This behaviour shouldn't happen if i want to see a message e.g. 20 lines above the most recent one. So if I scroll up enough, the "camera" should stop moving +1 down each time a new message is posted.

Now about the pm commands, although what i gave you was just an example, I still feel that it could prove useful in some situations.

Nicknames ok.

About run from battle: MAN you just opened the world to me with this! I didn't know really this saves so much time!

About map: It's a different thing having to write the name of a map and a different thing just clicking on the map and the work is done for. I mean if we're speaking about interface efficiency :).

Sorry for my english today, couldn't put in that much effort. Again, thanks for a great game!

EDIT: I also thought that having icons showing what time of day the pokemon appear in the upper right window would be better than having to click on it to open the pokedex to see.

EDIT 2: And another thing. About pms, maybe it would be a good idea to have recent pms or something. Again, I accidentally closed a pm window that i was using to rtade with someone, and i can't find him again because i can't remember his name.

EDIT 3: I believe the notification about a friend coming online should appear under the "what pokemon is in this area" window(what is this window called anyway?).

EDIT: I also thought that having icons showing what time of day the pokemon appear in the upper right window would be better than having to click on it to open the pokedex to see.

Another suggestion on the spawn poll interface: highlight The pokes we can catch now ! (I mean in this time of day)

[glow=black]A limitless gratitude[/glow]

1) Not needed

2) Not Needed

3) Not needed

4) [glow=red]i like this[/glow]Make a zoom-in for the map. I'd also love to be able to see minimaps of each area in the map, but that's another story.

5) Already possible

6) Already suggested

7) Already suggested

8) Not needed

9) [glow=red]i like this[/glow]Add numbers (1-6) next to each pokemon in the select pokemon menu during battle. You have to do a tiny bit of puzzle solving if you have some pokemon of the same species in your team.

10) Planned

11) Refused 100x

PRO PVP pokemon directory made by me

Pearl's Guitar SHop- My Trade Thread (Blue server)

[glow=red]It can't get Eddie Vedder than this.[/glow]

1, 2 and 3 are suggestions that would make the interface more efficient. Of course they are not needed, but if you escalate this, pokemon could be a dos text game.

Please tell me how to do 5. I have a hard time with it lots of times.

Also any comments on the edits? There are more suggestions there.

216593 You can already zoom in on maps. Go into options and there is a zoom option.

1ac1692d478d4798b18959befa681026.png

I've tried scrolling, ctrl + scrolling, doubleclick, rightclick, every hotkey i have enabled. How toggle it on the world map? :Shocked:

PRO PVP pokemon directory made by me

Pearl's Guitar SHop- My Trade Thread (Blue server)

[glow=red]It can't get Eddie Vedder than this.[/glow]