Questions about IPs on Accounts

Alex8lot

1. 1.

Okay, I usually don't post my own topics, but I've gotten myself all worried about something that could possibly be nothing, but I'm not sure.

So this person came onto the IRC and his account couldn't be created. I tried to help him, but to no avail. He was getting pretty worried that he wouldn't be able to play. So I thought it would be good of me to offer to create his account for him. He gladly accepted, so I went and made him an account using his email, the username he wanted, and I made a password for him but told him how to change it. He was very happy about it, thanked me greatly, and left.

Well, I just started thinking today that if he got IP-banned, and if the IP of the account goes to where it was created, then me and my account would get IP-banned. So basically, my questions are:

1) Does the IP of accounts go to where they were registered, or go to where the user is playing?

2) If this user gets IP banned, will I get IP banned and not be able to play anymore? ( I know I can post an appeal, but I'm still worried)

1469235499-alex2.png

Thanks to Shak404 for this amazing signature!

[glow=red]Come join the Pokemon Revolution Online IRC![/glow] https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.atomicedge.org/pro,pro-support

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

-Albert Einstein

218096 Okay, I usually don't post my own topics, but I've gotten myself all worried about something that could possibly be nothing, but I'm not sure.

So this person came onto the IRC and his account couldn't be created. I tried to help him, but to no avail. He was getting pretty worried that he wouldn't be able to play. So I thought it would be good of me to offer to create his account for him. He gladly accepted, so I went and made him an account using his email, the username he wanted, and I made a password for him but told him how to change it. He was very happy about it, thanked me greatly, and left.

Well, I just started thinking today that if he got IP-banned, and if the IP of the account goes to where it was created, then me and my account would get IP-banned. So basically, my questions are:

1) Does the IP of accounts go to where they were registered, or go to where the user is playing?

2) If this user gets IP banned, will I get IP banned and not be able to play anymore? ( I know I can post an appeal, but I'm still worried)

Without disclosing too much information, I can assure you that you will not be banned if there is no wrongdoing on your part.

Basically, you have nothing to worry about, Alex8lot. :)

wycTAcv.gif

Sig created by Annazhee

Thank you Pretentious! After I read your message, I felt my heartbeat slow down immediately haha. Thank you so much :)

1469235499-alex2.png

Thanks to Shak404 for this amazing signature!

[glow=red]Come join the Pokemon Revolution Online IRC![/glow] https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.atomicedge.org/pro,pro-support

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

-Albert Einstein

218096 Okay, I usually don't post my own topics, but I've gotten myself all worried about something that could possibly be nothing, but I'm not sure.

From my experience it goes to the account's last active IP :Smile:

de93d1cefa324dbfba498bcef4d82018.png

PRO PVP pokemon directory made by me

Pearl's Guitar SHop- My Trade Thread (Blue server)

[glow=red]It can't get Eddie Vedder than this.[/glow]

From my experience it goes to the account's last active IP :Smile:

de93d1cefa324dbfba498bcef4d82018.png

Staff don't just only reference the last active IP. Just a reminder.