Weaker but catchable legendaries

Duyere

I know legendaries are wanted by lots of people, and I also know that the developers are hesitant to make them catchable because they are overpowered and unbalanced in stats in comparison to normal Pokemon. But what if legendaries were catchable but debuffed significantly and lower level upon catching; Making them on a similar par of strength with normal Pokemon that cannot evolve.

I mean most of us like legendaries because they are aesthetically pleasing to the eye. It is kind of a downer to know that we'll most likely never have all legendary Pokemon in-game due to lack of balance. That's just my two cents anyway.

So you just want to show the legendaries because they're cute, right? why not implement some kind of poké-skins which transform your poke for 1 hour-24 hour into any poke of your choice(your lead poke, so that's the one you show) and your pokes will still be the same, you'll just have a skin to show :)

Yeah...probably not gonna happen. Their stats isn't the only thing that makes them op, its also the skills they can learn and the versatility so....no.

As much as i would like a suicune or something like that it just not gonna happen.

Best%20One_zps7tgag9fl.gif

219814 So you just want to show the legendaries because they're cute, right? why not implement some kind of poké-skins which transform your poke for 1 hour-24 hour into any poke of your choice(your lead poke, so that's the one you show) and your pokes will still be the same, you'll just have a skin to show :)

As cool as that would be, I would much rather have the real deal. They would still be useful Pokemon. You would still be able to train them and make them decent enough for PVP. The only exception is that they won't be strong enough to sweep away everything.

219818 Yeah...probably not gonna happen. Their stats isn't the only thing that makes them op, its also the skills they can learn and the versatility so....no.

As much as i would like a suicune or something like that it just not gonna happen.

You're right about that, but I think there could definitely be balancement.

When people request this, but yet doesn't keep in mind the consequences of how this would affect the game...

If legendaries (even with their stats weakened) were catch-able, it would eventually cause anguish in the community. Also logically, just from following the anime (not the handhelds), if important legendaries were catchable, a good question of how would the world of Pokemon even continue with the fact that a helper of balance is now under the serving of a Trainer :Ambivalent:

Legendaries aren't inherently overpowered, though. Things like Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Arceus, etc definitely shouldn't be catchable because they would break the game. Other things, though, such as the Regi trio, Articuno, etc wouldn't make too much of a difference because they're relatively weak. I'm not saying they should be, but why aren't they catchable? I know that PVP viable Pokemon such as Zapdos, Suicune, etc would be some of the best Pokemon for PVP and battles in general, but I don't think they'd be game breaking at all.

219846 Legendaries aren't inherently overpowered, though. Things like Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Arceus, etc definitely shouldn't be catchable because they would break the game. Other things, though, such as the Regi trio, Articuno, etc wouldn't make too much of a difference because they're relatively weak. I'm not saying they should be, but why aren't they catchable? I know that PVP viable Pokemon such as Zapdos, Suicune, etc would be some of the best Pokemon for PVP and battles in general, but I don't think they'd be game breaking at all.

I think at one point they said the weaker base 600 legendaries (the legendary birds/beasts/golems, the Lati twins) will be catchable eventually. There was even a tease for legendary birds quest at one point, in the form of a small tower housing 3 orbs, not sure what happened to that. And we already have a quest for Legendary Beast Stones, there would be no point to that Stone quest if the Beasts cannot be caught eventually, as we fought them already during the quest, which gives their seen data.

I doubt they'll allow us to catch Cresselia, Darkrai, and Deoxys though, they're the top 3 strongest base 600 Pokemon with strengths way beyond all the other base 600. Cresselia and Deoxys have crazy stat spread, while Darkrai has Dark Void + Bad Dreams.

219846 Legendaries aren't inherently overpowered, though. Things like Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Arceus, etc definitely shouldn't be catchable because they would break the game. Other things, though, such as the Regi trio, Articuno, etc wouldn't make too much of a difference because they're relatively weak. I'm not saying they should be, but why aren't they catchable? I know that PVP viable Pokemon such as Zapdos, Suicune, etc would be some of the best Pokemon for PVP and battles in general, but I don't think they'd be game breaking at all.

I think at one point they said the weaker base 600 legendaries (the legendary birds/beasts/golems, the Lati twins) will be catchable eventually. There was even a tease for legendary birds quest at one point, in the form of a small tower housing 3 orbs, not sure what happened to that. And we already have a quest for Legendary Beast Stones, there would be no point to that Stone quest if the Beasts cannot be caught eventually, as we fought them already during the quest, which gives their seen data.

I doubt they'll allow us to catch Cresselia, Darkrai, and Deoxys though, they're the top 3 strongest base 600 Pokemon with strengths way beyond all the other base 600. Cresselia and Deoxys have crazy stat spread, while Darkrai has Dark Void + Bad Dreams.

Pretty much said here. Also, Mew, Celebi and jirachi are already catchable

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

219821 When people request this, but yet doesn't keep in mind the consequences of how this would affect the game...

If legendaries (even with their stats weakened) were catch-able, it would eventually cause anguish in the community. Also logically, just from following the anime (not the handhelds), if important legendaries were catchable, a good question of how would the world of Pokemon even continue with the fact that a helper of balance is now under the serving of a Trainer :Ambivalent:

Funny you use this logic but the other 3 catchable legendaries are more influential to the balance of the world of pokemon, one is a progenitor knowing almost all attacks, and could transform/make itself invisible for those without a pure heart, another is a time traveler (will not even list the number of things bad people can do with it), and the other one is a wish-granting reality warper that can destroy other beings by using sun energy (which is a very strong type of energy in the fictional world). I doubt it the birds, golems, musketeers, etc. would be more influential than the mythical pokemon.

Of course, I agree that they shouldn't be easily caught just like the mythical Pokes aren't (taking events and tournaments into account) but this logic is flawed.