PLEASE READ: Only see your friends around you.

Paid

I don't know if this is difficult/impossible when it comes to the scripting side of PRO, but this would be an awesome feature. Perhaps in Options>Game there is a check mark to "Only see friends" that makes it so all players walking around you disappear and are invisible unless they are on your friend list. It would be like having a private server for just you and your friends. :D

All chat etc. would still work normally, it's just that you can't see anybody that isn't a friend.

Thanks for reading.

Back when I first played, I was actually looking for an option like this. Some maps just look completely cluttered, and I wasn't even able to see the Eevee at the start because there were way too many people around it. I would love this feature.

219847 Back when I first played, I was actually looking for an option like this. Some maps just look completely cluttered, and I wasn't even able to see the Eevee at the start because there were way too many people around it. I would love this feature.

Thank you for the reply. :)

Honestly, this seems unnecessary because there is a better use of the staffs time. You can already turn off player names which gets rid of a lot of clutter and honestly i'm in some of the most cluttered maps 90% of the time but its really not that bad. There is only 1800 people online at once per server so...I just don't think its worth it, you can already see a friend if they are near you why would you want to only see them, t just doesn't seem like its needed.

Best%20One_zps7tgag9fl.gif

219890 Honestly, this seems unnecessary because there is a better use of the staffs time. You can already turn off player names which gets rid of a lot of clutter and honestly i'm in some of the most cluttered maps 90% of the time but its really not that bad. There is only 1800 people online at once per server so...I just don't think its worth it, you can already see a friend if they are near you why would you want to only see them, t just doesn't seem like its needed.

I don't necessarily agree with the friend part, but I definitely want an option that hides all the other players. I play on low end hardware every now and then and it just straight up stalls at Dragon's Den at peak hours (or at least when I used to grind there). Not to mention my experience with Jackson's Eevee at Pallet: there was a player on its tile and many other players around it. Being a noob, I didn't know what to do next since I couldn't see the Eevee. I wouldn't say this is a priority, but as far as suggestions go, I believe this would make the game better.

219890 Honestly, this seems unnecessary because there is a better use of the staffs time. You can already turn off player names which gets rid of a lot of clutter and honestly i'm in some of the most cluttered maps 90% of the time but its really not that bad. There is only 1800 people online at once per server so...I just don't think its worth it, you can already see a friend if they are near you why would you want to only see them, t just doesn't seem like its needed.

For you, the clutter might not be that bad. But for many players it can be. Such situations as what badhaxery described:

my experience with Jackson's Eevee at Pallet: there was a player on its tile and many other players around it. Being a noob, I didn't know what to do next since I couldn't see the Eevee.

Things like this actually take away from game experience, in a way.

Another experience I had was Victory Road, when you battle Moltres at the end. It was so cluttered with people, I didn't even notice Moltres was there until I tried to walk through the cave door and couldn't. I pressed the interact key just to try and see if something was there, and it was Moltres! All of the people completely ruined the effect of seeing the Moltres.

Nonetheless, thank you for the reply, both badhaxery and demmyvale.

I have an awful computer, straight up garbage and the "many players may have this problem" doesn't really work on me. Sorry for being harsh but i'm one of the players with the low-end computers and i really don't think other players clutter make the game laggy or think of it as an annoyance.

Best%20One_zps7tgag9fl.gif

220524 I have an awful computer, straight up garbage and the "many players may have this problem" doesn't really work on me. Sorry for being harsh but i'm one of the players with the low-end computers and i really don't think other players clutter make the game laggy or think of it as an annoyance.

When I said "for many players it can be, (referring to the clutter of players)" I wasn't necessarily referring to ONLY the low-end computer thing. I was also referring to the two examples of when it can hinder the game's progression for a short time, confuse players or alter the game's intended experience.

My bad for not making that clear.

As always, thank you for the reply. :Grin:

In those instances provided, all you need to do is untick the 'player names' and then you can see the NPC name just fine.

As for low end users, I am sorry but we aren't making PRO for low end PCs, we're only being modest due to limitations of even the most recent Android devices. We also don't support Windows XP, so that should give you some indication. Just be glad you can actually play PRO at all really. We are targeting mid end users mainly Saying that, my PC is being powered by an 8 year old processor (Core2Quad) and i still get 550fps. And theyre cheap to make too (my whole PC cost about £250 to build, that is 16GB DDR3 RAM, 2.5ghz Core2Quad, and a low profile GT730 gen 2, all in a low profile business PC.)

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.