Touchscreen movement no more holding

Ikagawashii

The movement system PRO currently has is the best I have ever seen on touchscreen since. There was once a time my character kept on moving in the direction after I stopped holding(some kind of a one-time bug, couldnt reproduce it), but it actually felt good. So I got this idea...

Basically, swipe once in a direction and the character keeps moving in that direction untill either:

- swiped again to a direction, which changes the direction the character moves in.

- or tapped once on the screen, which makes the character stop movement(so quick touch on screen without swiping should make the character always stop movement)

Pros:

Probably performance increase? + less power consumption on smartphones?(not sure)

Relaxed gameplay.

We become more willing to move because the time consumed by movement is felt less than it actually is.

Cons:

- Easy to use this as anti-afk, solution: maybe limit the number of steps the character moves with a swipe.

- Becomes difficult to make 1-tile-movements maybe, basically less precise movement(like we start missing the right turn for the door to pokecenter), I think this needs testing to confirm.

Agreed easy to make anti-afk... Brought me on an expansion idea to counter this problem: the character only moves a certain amount of steps(like 16?).

Now that I even think more about it, it becomes difficult to make a one tile move..

222850 Agreed easy to make anti-afk... Brought me on an expansion idea to counter this problem: the character only moves a certain amount of steps(like 16?).

Now that I even think more about it, it becomes difficult to make a one tile move..

How would that ever be an anti afk mechanism? Put a paperweight on your arrow key (essentially doing what this feature would), i guarantee you'll still be kicked after 7 minutes + ~20 seconds.

PRO PVP pokemon directory made by me

Pearl's Guitar SHop- My Trade Thread (Blue server)

[glow=red]It can't get Eddie Vedder than this.[/glow]