Recoil move + leftovers

Inspirateur

I did several experiment with my Deerling, who has leftovers and double edge, and i discovered that every time i do double edge with the leftovers held, i take 1st the normal amount of recoil damage, then the recoil message pops and i retake an amount of damage equal to the heal of leftover that comes just after.

If i take out the leftover recoil works just fine.

I also notice the same little recoil (= to leftover's heal) thing with the move explosion used by oponent and leftovers held by my poke. Tho i couldn't reproduce the experiment many times so i'm not sure about this but better check if you can.

[glow=black]A limitless gratitude[/glow]

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I've noticed that too a long time ago to be honest, didn't know if it was a glitch or something on purpose. But everytime I use recoil damage moves + leftovers it's like the heal from leftover is useless, since we take it's heal damage after the actual recoil real damage. Simple math example to help people understand:

100hp *uses recoil move* (-20hp from recoil) = 80hp -16hp (??? Idk where this damage comes from) = 64hp +16hp (leftover healing that damage coming from nowhere) = 80hp (as it should be without using leftover)

latest?cb=20120622074708.eJwdzFEOgyAMANC7cADqREvxNgRJNUFLaPe1ePct-30f7-Peo7nNHWZdN4D91CJj92oyMlfPItxq7qf6Ihdks1yOq96mMIeFYkLEGCPRjGH50Uop0bQSYkgBXxNw-4--3-yeLwwcIuk.ako_RFQDbsC9MYWkNO9xhhLDYS8latest?cb=20120622074708