How help chat can be more helpful

Freshairkaboom

Being in the help chat often and also being one of the people who constantly says: 'rates go in battle chat'. I'm not doing it to annoy them or just because rules are rules, but encouraging somebody who asks for a rate on his bold <Magikarp> by answering him, means he and others will post the rest of their pokemons more and more frequently eventually flooding the help tab and giving trouble to others who are also in need of help. The categorization exists so there won't be chaos.

I might answer a hundred times a day where you can get HM01 - Cut, or how happiness works but at least that helps someone out who affects his story gameplay. Having to explain to every 2/10 rate WHY their Gastly isn't good, takes time and chat gets filled quickly, sadly those people don't understand that anything decent is gonna workout for their playthrough.

All Chat helper on Yellow server here. :Ambivalent:

If anything the thing that bugs me the most is the constant flood of the same questions every few minutes that could have been answered sooner if said players just used Google (questions such as "How do get bike?" and "Where do get cut?") If there was a /faq command that auto-redirected people to a generic game guide (just like the "Buy Coins" button redirects to PayPal) and was mentioned somewhere in the tutorial map I think it'd fix that problem a bit (or at least allow people to reply quicker so they can focus more time on players that need help on a more complicated question.)

I personally really love the idea that rates can be done in help chat, because alot of times I go on battle chat there is no one there to rate pokemons. The other solution would be to have a 'ratings' channel where people can ask for ratings of their pokemons!

236696 I personally really love the idea that rates can be done in help chat, because alot of times I go on battle chat there is no one there to rate pokemons. The other solution would be to have a 'ratings' channel where people can ask for ratings of their pokemons!

This is exactly the purpose of Battle Chat: for rates and PvP discussion. :) Personally, I find that if you yourself stay in Battle Chat and rate other people's Pokemon / converse long enough, a healthy discussion will pick up by itself. I think you can also ask for a rate in All Chat if nobody's responding in Battle Chat, or go to one of the Rate/Price Check subforums here on forums (they're located in the Trade forums, IIRC).

But I think the best solution is just to learn how to rate your Pokemon by yourself. That way you don't have to rely on someone else's opinion, and it also teaches you to become self-sufficient. There are plenty of guides on how to assess what stats, natures, abilities, etc are important for specific Pokemon, so it's not really difficult either.

236696 I personally really love the idea that rates can be done in help chat, because alot of times I go on battle chat there is no one there to rate pokemons. The other solution would be to have a 'ratings' channel where people can ask for ratings of their pokemons!

This is exactly the purpose of Battle Chat: for rates and PvP discussion. :) Personally, I find that if you yourself stay in Battle Chat and rate other people's Pokemon / converse long enough, a healthy discussion will pick up by itself. I think you can also ask for a rate in All Chat if nobody's responding in Battle Chat, or go to one of the Rate/Price Check subforums here on forums (they're located in the Trade forums, IIRC).

But I think the best solution is just to learn how to rate your Pokemon by yourself. That way you don't have to rely on someone else's opinion, and it also teaches you to become self-sufficient. There are plenty of guides on how to assess what stats, natures, abilities, etc are important for specific Pokemon, so it's not really difficult either.

I like those ideas alot :D