I'd like the game to be hard but the grind is way too much.

Cynthetik

In regards to some of the behavior shown in this post, please be respectful in your responses and do not clutter the thread with off-topic posts. We want discussions to remain on-topic and constructive; please be civil in your replies.

I'd like to note that our Rules also apply to the forums. Insults and toxic conversation are not welcome. All related posts have been deleted.

PIquvgo.png

RulesTerms & ConditionsPunishment PolicyPrivacy PolicyFAQ

Do not contact staff members for private support.

Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use the proper forum.

240791 to me grinding makes Pokemon games what they are even in the older games but now in the new games there is almost no grinding at all which is fine but that's what makes the games boring fast

I've always been the opposite. It's always felt like a waste of time when you got a pokémon to near-perfection just to find out it was either pretty bad or didn't work how you thought it would. The only reason why I did competitive in Gen 4 was because (just like the previous games) I could manipulate the RNG to speed up the breeding process from 3+ boxes of eggs to only a few. Without it I wouldn't have even bothered and may have lost interest in Pokémon altogether.

While I seriously dislike the grind to getting pokémon to a competitive point, I really enjoy what comes after that (team building, the mind games in battle, tournaments, ect.) If I wanted to grind pokémon as trophies then I'd go old-school shiny hunting.

241252 I've always been the opposite. It's always felt like a waste of time when you got a pokémon to near-perfection just to find out it was either pretty bad or didn't work how you thought it would. The only reason why I did competitive in Gen 4 was because (just like the previous games) I could manipulate the RNG to speed up the breeding process from 3+ boxes of eggs to only a few. Without it I wouldn't have even bothered and may have lost interest in Pokémon altogether.

Despite PRO beeing a MMO, grind is needed imo and i'm fine with it right now. I actually think grinding pokemons (for competetive play) is way better in PRO then in the original games, since you can chat ;).

Offtopic: you might find this intresting for the upcoming Pokemon Games: https://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-au/max-out-your-pokemon-with-hyper-training/

Seibuza_Sig.png