Frame Skipping Issue on AMD CPU's

Majinomie

Hello,

I recently made a post about the game doing this sort of micro stutter/frame skip everytime I move my character around the map. It gets progressively worse in highly populated areas and even in unpopulated maps, you can still see the frame skip when you move around. It gets very annoying, especially when your on a bike/mount, to the point where it almost makes the game unplayable for me.

I've narrowed it down to the observation that only I see it occurring in people who have AMD CPU's in their PC. I've watched videos online as well and only notice it in AMD CPU's whereas Intel CPU's have none of this frame skipping.

I believe my system is well above the requirements so I'm not sure why I'm getting this annoying frame skip.

System specs:

CPU: AMD FX-6300

GPU: Radeon HD 7870

RAM: 8 GB

Things I have tried that haven't fixed the problem:

-Forcing the game to run in DX9.

-Installing the latest graphics drivers.

-Turning on/off Vsync, limit FPS, weather, and lighting details.

-Lowering resolution.

I was wondering if there is anything that can be done to fix this issue?

Thank you.

EDIT: I found a video example of the frame skip. Watch this person's stream in 720P 60 FPS from 16:25 and onwards as he is moving down the bridge and you can see the game skipping and being really jumpy every time he takes a few steps. This is the exact same problem I'm having. And this person is also on an AMD FX-8120 CPU.

VIdeo: [bbvideo=1280,720]

[/bbvideo]

239373 Hello,

I recently made a post about the game doing this sort of micro stutter/frame skip everytime I move my character around the map. It gets progressively worse in highly populated areas and even in unpopulated maps, you can still see the frame skip when you move around. It gets very annoying, especially when your on a bike/mount, to the point where it almost makes the game unplayable for me.

I've narrowed it down to the observation that only I see it occurring in people who have AMD CPU's in their PC. I've watched videos online as well and only notice it in AMD CPU's whereas Intel CPU's have none of this frame skipping.

I believe my system is well above the requirements so I'm not sure why I'm getting this annoying frame skip.

System specs:

-Lowering resolution.

Thank you.

are you running anything in the background? e.g other programs in which uses alot of your PC's cpu? also how old is the computer in which you are using?

239373 Hello,

System specs:

-Lowering resolution.

Thank you.

are you running anything in the background? e.g other programs in which uses alot of your PC's cpu? also how old is the computer in which you are using?

Nope, nothing else is running in the background. This computer is probably around 3 years old.

snip

snip

it could be one of the part in your computer may be dying, a staff member suggested running a hardware diagnostics.

I don't think it's a failing hardware problem. I've ran temperature checks and everything seems to be working fine.

I think it's something to do with the game and AMD CPU's because every other person I've seen who has an AMD based CPU also has this problem.

239426 I don't think it's a failing hardware problem. I've ran temperature checks and everything seems to be working fine.

I think it's something to do with the game and AMD CPU's because every other person I've seen who has an AMD based CPU also has this problem.

My Partner has a AMD CPU and doesnt have this issue. have you tried using the x32/x86 version of pro as i would be assuming your using the x64

239426 I don't think it's a failing hardware problem. I've ran temperature checks and everything seems to be working fine.

As a PC repair technician, might I suggest running actual diagnostics? Temperature checks mean almost nothing. You need to check your RAM, your hard drive, processor, etc. Hiren's BootCD has awesome tools that will help.

mM8upD5.gif

[glow=magenta]I am but a humble Former GM / Moderator.[/glow]

[glow=magenta]Do not PM me for ban concerns. I will either ignore or just delete them.[/glow]

Guest SugarRed9

Been lurking this thread because I am having a similar issue on a PC that is one month old that is in really good shape. Just want to say OP is not the only one unfortunately ;-;

Not true. I've been running PRO in past with AMD FX-8350 and had no such issues. Regardless of CPU bottlenecking the GPU I was still getting 1100 FPS. In your case that CPU should not bottleneck your GPU. In any case, you might want to try with "unparking" the cores that are parked in windows 10. More here: https://www.coderbag.com/programming-c/disable-cpu-core-parking-utility

Also, This is a screenshot of a setting used:

687fd785a73a4a40ac8202067852d536.png

As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be.

My Partner has a AMD CPU and doesnt have this issue. have you tried using the x32/x86 version of pro as i would be assuming your using the x64

I tried the x86 version too but no help unfortunately.

239452 Been lurking this thread because I am having a similar issue on a PC that is one month old that is in really good shape. Just want to say OP is not the only one unfortunately ;-;

Are you also on an AMD CPU?

Not true. I've been running PRO in past with AMD FX-8350 and had no such issues. Regardless of CPU bottlenecking the GPU I was still getting 1100 FPS. In your case that CPU should not bottleneck your GPU. In any case, you might want to try with "unparking" the cores that are parked in windows 10. More here: https://www.coderbag.com/programming-c/disable-cpu-core-parking-utility

Also, This is a screenshot of a setting used:

687fd785a73a4a40ac8202067852d536.png

Hmm, interesting. I've also checked my FPS and mine gets near the 900's-1000's too without Vsync. When I experience the frame skip however, there is no drop in my FPS.

I'm not sure if you know what problem I'm having exactly cause it's kind of hard to explain. It's like a split second jump at random times when I'm moving and the map is scrolling.

Here is a video of what I'm talking about:

Start watching at the 18:45 mark in 1080p 60 FPS and a few seconds later after that slight fade out transition, you can notice the frame skip as his character is walking towards the small steps to Celadon city. If you keep watching the video you can see more of the frame skips as he is walking through the city. It's kind of hard to see at first until you notice it. This person is also on an AMD FX-9590 and GTX 980.

If you catch what I'm talking about in the video, do you ever experience that problem?