Gengar Movesets

Grindfest

Suckerpunch-gengar set for the lolz. :Heart:

Jokes aside shadow Ball is still a solid stab, same with sludge bomb. U also have access to other spatk moves like t-bolt, giga drain, psychic, dark pulse to catch your opponent off guard and have a solid all out attacker.

Furthermore u can put some utility on him with taunt, toxic, w-o-w or hypnosis. Im not a fan of hypnosis cause of the acc tho....all the other moves can be super helpful. I think he is one of the most solid spin blockers in pro atm even without hex working or focus blast tm. :)

242386 No Focus Blast TM and no damage boost on Hex vs status. How to use Gengar without being hindered by PRO's code? What are your sets?

Edit: Also Destiny Bond and Subsitute are broken afaik. I'm struggling.

Moved to the appropriate sub forum

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others.

Remember to use the correct forum when posting. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

242393 I completely forgot about Tbolt, might work nicely.

Remember that Gengar also has good support moves in its arsenal. Mine is Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb for good STABs (especially w. the raise in Togekiss usage, I recommend Sludge Bomb) and Taunt + Wow: to shutdown or cripple Blissey and Tyranitar - 2 of the safest Gengar switch-in.

Other coverage moves like T-bolt and Giga Drain, Icy wind is optional depend on what pkm u want gengar to take care for ur team, they're very situational though.

p.s: don't know why the word a.r.senal got censored...

Gy7V5xS.png

Special thanks for Kyuuta for making this awesome sign.

What I meant was I can't take advantage of WoW with Hex. Shadow Ball base power is 80, Hex is 130 against status. You almost do half the damage you can with the set. Thanks for the tips though I'm going to run Tbolt. Running WoW and Shadow Ball is just lame knowing you could use Hex for almost double damage.

Guest lampshadejaz

Dark pulse, Thunderbolt psychic and Confuse ray (while I wait to buy Giga-Drain). Thunderbolt and Psychic on Gengar are amazing!