What am I doing wrong? (Clone Event)

Schadenfroh

Cheers.

First: This is not a whine / complain / rap battle topic. I truly only want a few answers.

well, lets go.

At the beginning i would like to say: Awesome event idea, thanks alot! I friggin loved the first pokemon movie, i even was in the premiere screening and got the ancient mew card.

Then i started playing PRO last week and the event came out, i went HAM. I was serioulsy so hyped that i rewatched the first movie while playing.

So i was: Lets get the starters as clones. That was the fun part.

Then came the hell part: Die-hard grinding. I only got 4 badges and want the bulba clone really bad, as it is the only one that really looks good IMO.

I started grinding on the first day, and kept grinding the whole weekend ( i even downloaded the app for my phone so i can keep grinding while going out with friends).

Of my originally 25-30 hours ingame time, i now got 62. So 32-37 hours of ONLY GRINDING.

Route 3. Both bushes.

Route 16.

What i got: 3 bulbas. 1 more bulba spawned but the game crashed so i couldnt get it.

Note: 3 normal bulbas. no clones.

WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING WRONG?

Is there any trick? I got a natu with sync and bold and a marowak with false swipe, i keep running around in the bushes the whole time, i even accidently ran away from a shiny beacuse i was in my auto: is-it-a-bulba-no-ok-runaway mode.

Do i need a certain amount of badges? Do i need a certain pokemon to lure it?

How do some people have all 3 startes on friday?

I know, rngeesus, welcome to pokemon its a grind game.

Got it. Know it. Played WoW for years, been there.

But this cant be right, how do 30+ hours of grinding a poke only give 3 times the pokemon? A game should give satisfaction and fun, not grief and frustration.

So im asking again: does anyone have any decent tips on how to catch them? Any useful explanation on how the numbers work so i can try to get even a single clone in the whole event week? I gave up on all 3, a single bulba is all i want. Do I need a farmbot? Do I need to sacrifice my neighbours cat? Offer my soul to satan? Dance naked in the streets and praise Chutullu?

Im open to any decent suggestions.

Thanks in advance, best regards,

Schadenfroh

[soundcloud]

[/soundcloud]

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad to say, but the only thing you need is luck...

If i were you, i would try to sacrifice your neighbours cat too, that might work. :devil:

Seems strange though that in 30h of farming you've only encountered a bunch of bulbas, i did get my charmander clone after 3 days, but i also got 2 boxes of normal ones too.

Seriously, there's nothing to do, the only thing that matters here is luck.

Having said this, wish you luck bro. :Grin:

Nah man it's just luck i've been playing for days 0 clone 0 normals. Sad but it seems like the admins like to watch us be in pain lololol

Actually grinding for collectible stuff is fun but it's also not that fun cuz it's like TOO hard to get em. I believe it's not 5% chance, 5% chance u would have gotten at least 3-4 clones by now lol. It must be around 0.5% chance.. :/

S7dzLut.png

[glow=red]Check my

Mall![/glow]

I have also searched for bulba on route 3 first. After 20 hours and only one bulba i got tired and changed to route 16 (you have 4 badges so you can probably go there?). I catched a lot more bulbas and a clone bulba there. Probably just luck but it can't be wrong to changes routes from time to time. Heads up you will get you bulba my friend :y:

7vWnWNK.gif

well, for myself as an oppinion i give him some credit for what he says, is one that all the players to encounter hard the clone, but for a player to encounter them all in 1 or 2 days while we hunt for like what ? 3-4 days and we get nothing, oh yeah i got some nice bulbas to sell for a nice price, but this does not bring me satisfaction as i want a clone with my OT :). People know me from all chat in game with my 33rd now bulba that i got ^^ ( not a clone yay me -_- ). It is supposed that a change 1 from 20 bulbas should be a clone, i am afraid that even if i do 10 series of 20 bulbas caught i will get none untill the end of the event. Is a luck based game and you need to grind, is not really a complaining and more as a frustration that i feel the guy who maid this post xD. Anyway i will say that something is good about this from the developers and something is off about a guy who got all 3 starters + more in a few time since the event start ( won`t point any name, you know it ), i don`t know maybe this is just me ^^. Have a nice day

nDuUcdB7RIaY5oWlyXS9ww.png