Inflated prices

Mafius100

some people do try and get as much as they possibky can for pokemon, but generally pokemon that are considered overpowered (Hidden ability Dragonite for example) do generally cost a lot more.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

I understand that the most desired pokemon cost more, but I have seen some with detrimental natures (those that affect the most important stat in some pokemon) overpriced. My suspicion is that it is related with lack of knowledge of game (specially pvp) mechanics, or perhaps people just have lots of money to spend :P

253414 I understand that the most desired pokemon cost more, but I have seen some with detrimental natures (those that affect the most important stat in some pokemon) overpriced. My suspicion is that it is related with lack of knowledge of game (specially pvp) mechanics, or perhaps people just have lots of money to spend :P

If you don't like the prices then don't but them, the seller will eventually lower their prices if nobody is buying from them.

Also some people value different Pokemon at different values for a variety of different reasons, though lack of game knowledge can contribute to market inflation, it's usually people reselling and trying to make profits who raise prices. :P

3aTirvj.png

Check out PRO's Official Discord:

https://discord.gg/FdtDfG4

Prices aren't set on a pokemon for his rarity but on how good he is in terms of nature, ability and IV. You can see a dratini go for 50k with bad sats and the next day one for 5million with godly stats/ability. OR people are unaware of a pokemons worth and try to get the best out if it. :Crazy:

253437 Prices aren't set on a pokemon for his rarity but on how good he is in terms of nature, ability and IV. You can see a dratini go for 50k with bad sats and the next day one for 5million with godly stats/ability. OR people are unaware of a pokemons worth and try to get the best out if it. :Crazy:

Rarity will have an effect on the pokémon though as the harder it is to achieve the desired results on a pokémon, the more it will be worth in the end (so something such as a perfect H.A Togepi would be worth more than a perfect H.A Budew.)

Though I would definitely say a lack of knowledge would be a cause of inflation especially over here on Yellow server (so many people think IVs are more important on a pokémon than it's nature/ability; saying a Jolly Gastly with 30 IVs in Sp.Atk is "epic".)

I can't see any reason besides misinformation and how easy it is to get money for some of the prices we have been seeing. My main concern is how new players can reproduce these misinformations and create a bad environment not only for traders, but for other new players who may be injured by more experienced trainers taking advantage of them. As JollyolNathan said, the market will adjust itself naturally, but damage, which could be avoided, may be done in this process.

This server seems to assume that everyone in here is already experienced with pokemon, which is not the case. My suggestion would be to link the new players, as soon as they log in, to a guide explaining the basics of battling, what influences stats and how to judge if a pokemon is good for the role the player intends to fill in his/her team.

Guest lampshadejaz
253725 I can't see any reason besides misinformation and how easy it is to get money for some of the prices we have been seeing. My main concern is how new players can reproduce these misinformations and create a bad environment not only for traders, but for other new players who may be injured by more experienced trainers taking advantage of them. As JollyolNathan said, the market will adjust itself naturally, but damage, which could be avoided, may be done in this process.

This server seems to assume that everyone in here is already experienced with pokemon, which is not the case. My suggestion would be to link the new players, as soon as they log in, to a guide explaining the basics of battling, what influences stats and how to judge if a pokemon is good for the role the player intends to fill in his/her team.

Having a solid in game -UI/UX for buying selling pokemon will help fix this. You could compare listings side by side and filter through the crap much easier rather than scrolling through spam in the trade channel.