There were many greedy people at blue server...... How about other server?

Guest kosokote

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well to be quite frank, try to buy during peak hours, prices will be towards the lower end.

Also most people are not greedy, its called supply/demand. Just get $200,000 more poke dorra rather than complaining in my opinion. Prices are only going to increase with the way its going. I am sorry to say this but when 50 people want to buy ms, and only 2 people selling, prices will hit the roof, its only a matter of time till they start to auction off membership unfortunately.

So for further notice, buy two to always have one as backup, you might be able to get a bundle deal. Or work with your community to boycott the purchase of these memberships until prices decrease which is very unlikely.

Or as the last resort, support Pokemon Revolution and their awesome team by shelling out 5$ cash <3

- Meghz

To answer this topic, we should back to the supply-demand and inflation theory that usually happens in economics real life which is same with in game.

Supply and demand is perhaps one of the most fundamental concepts of economics and it is the backbone of a market economy. Demand refers to how much (quantity) of a product (Membership Medallion) is desired by buyers. The quantity demanded is the amount of a product people are willing to buy at a certain price; the relationship between price and quantity demanded is known as the demand relationship. Supply represents how much the market can offer. The quantity supplied refers to the amount of a certain good producers (in this context we called it Donator) are willing to supply (MS) when receiving a certain price. The correlation between price and how much of a Membership Medallion is supplied to the market is known as the supply relationship. Price, therefore, is a reflection of supply and demand.

Imagine that there's 100 persons who need Membership Medallion, while we just have like 20 donators in this game which donated to the server. In before the prices around 300k, but because the buyers number increase upon a time, the price will subsequently rise because, according to the demand relationship, as demand increases, so does the price.

In addition, inflation happens in every game, as time passes more money gets into circulation and as more money enters that circulation prices start to shift as some people either don't mind spending more, or will expect more.

288208 Maybe economy is rising indeed... but that doesnt justify the prices... and why is only ms rising up? mounts are fixed price and all the other items...

This is an interesting question, why just MS? why mounts and other items are steady?

Just wanna try to answer this question, in my opinion its because MS is a primary needs in this game while mounts are secondary or even tertiary needs for some people. E.g. we need ms to hunt membership pokemon, bonus exp and double money gain, etc, while we use mounts just for style and we can substitute mount with bicycle in game.

To sum up, this happens in every server and this is normal because of inflation and supply demand theory. Btw sorry for the WoT. xD

Guys, that has nothing to do with inflation.

It's not true that there are lot of buyers but not so many seller. Trade chat is full of people trying to sell MS for 550k, 600k, 700k, even 800k. They are just trying to get more money from players that maybe don't know the right price for stuff or needs MS. There are people "WTB MS", there are people "WTS MS", but no way second are more than first. So, this cannot be inflation, cannot be anything economy related.

That's how I see this situation.

Maybe inflation is the true reason in blue server, but not in Red Server.

I repeat myself from page 1:

277862 The day after this topic, people in red server stopped selling MS for 300k and start asking for 500/600/700k. I''m not joking, I remember that clearly.

The very next day. I swear.

That's not inflation.

However, I don't use MS so this problem doesn't concern me, but I can see why people is annoyed.

I'm very sure NamelessHero27 is correct - I see similar change too, the moment people found out they are selling too low compared to other server*), they immediately raise their price. It was stable at 300k, then one day they suddenly ask for 400k-500k, while everything else, at that time, still remains at the same price. That makes no sense to me, even if the other things are less useful than MS. Inflation might be happening, but greedy sellers exist too, in fact it might have been them who created the inflation in the first place.

*) Despite both servers are completely separate from each other, especially in terms of economy

......anyway, eventually we will come to a point where MS price is too high to be worth it. Personally I expect next to no MS buyer once the price is getting close to 2mil or higher. I don't think a 2mil MS is worth it. Not everyone has the time and patience to grind to get 2-3mil back in one month, you know. And the moment there's no buyer anymore, seller will either be forced to drop their price, or stop buying lots of MS from the coin shop since they can't sell them anyway.

If it's the former, hope there are eventually more people sensible enough to not buy MS until the price drops back down to a more comfortable level. Already buying MS again when the price just dropped by 100k from 1M to 900k, isn't helping anyone other than the seller :p

I mean seriously, just yesterday people are complaining in the Trade channel due to one player insist on buying MS for 500k because he has sold one for 500k before.

If it's the latter......well, maybe the staffs will finally make an intervention since it affects the amount of donation for the server.

This is happen because the money produce System is infinity and the money take taken back by system trough sell items/transportation is limited.

Inflation happen.

I won't be surprise if it gone up to more than 1m someday, because at the begining of the game ms is just 150k, and keep on rising from time to time,just dont buy from the over price seller if you feels not worth, they will reduce the price if no people buying, but if there are many player buy with that price, it's means that the current players have the ability to pay at that rate and most people feels it worth.

giphy.gif

[glow=red]Here's NicoChan :3[/glow]

1 ms will last you 30 days.

if you can't make 500k in 30 days, you're doing something wrong, plus the added benefits of MS pokes, MS hunting areas and the bonus xp and gold make it still worth that price.

There are more pokes for sale, causing more inflation.

More emphasis on PVP pokes causing large sums of money to switch hands often.

There are many factors to the price changes, not the least of which being, if people are buying the MS for 500k, then they will keep being sold for that price. If no one buys them at that price, the sellers will drop the price. If you're upset about the price that much, buy yourself 10 ms, sell them for 300k and watch everyone lower their price too.

The economy is perfectly stable it just favors the people who are more farmed and understand the supply and demand of the server.

Still waiting on that auction house though, pretty please?