Ban all non tradeable Pokemons from PVP

Waynetrain999

271224 So, why not make them re-catchable with certain requirements or make them tradeable instead?

You can find your answer here

" Making all legendaries obtainable/tradeable

[...] In PRO, legendaries are considered rare rewards that players can only obtain after completing long quest-lines and investing enough time and effort. We purposely will not make them readily obtainable like other games might - our goal is to keep legendaries unique and properly "legendary," so it doesn't make sense to compare PRO to other Pokemon games in that regard.

Additionally, legendaries will always be untradeable. This was the compromise that allows them to be in-game without melting the game's economy. We already had a well structured and thought out discussion even before starting to make PRO even (2 years ago) regarding legends and this plan wont change due to the MMO structure. "

Have read that and its just not making sense, and we are talking about catch-able legendaries here.

Making them trade-able wont hurt the game's economy, i can assure you that.

Yes its rewards as the staff mentioned "In PRO, legendaries are considered rare rewards that players can only obtain after completing long quest-lines and investing enough time and effort." but, its just not right to give rewards with RNG factor when you can only try it once!! not to mention everyone put same amount of time and effort to do the same quest. It's like LUCK are above EVERYTHING, you can't even beat the LUCK factor with EFFORTS and its very unhealthy for MMO environment. Can you name a famous MMO that put LUCK factor above EVERYTHING? when effort can't even beat the LUCK factor?

And as i mentioned before decent & epic legendaries give the owner a better edge and a wider option in team building and its not fair AT ALL.

It's different story if they gave legendaries with exact same IV to everyone.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not for banning them, because they're only 600 base stat pokemon and the game already has seven of those that are farmable. However, I think you should be able to release them, then fight that boss and have a chance to get a new one.

26 chances a year to get a better mew/celebi/jirachi is really not that much, anyone who's farmed the 146 iv oddish can attest to that and if you happen to get a some what decent one I really doubt people would release and try for the epic, so the worry of epic legendaries being abundant is a non factor.

351 hours played, 100 hours in hoenn, a full dex for the first 3 regions, 210 evo's and all the side quest business that goes a long with it takes a huge amount of effort. Then to have all 3 of them be completely useless is quite disheartening and because they're one of a kinds you're stuck with garbage.

I'm sure i'd probably be in the majority with this luck. Sync did not work on any of them and even if it had the Mew and Celebi still wouldn't have been passable.

9mhFeiL.jpg

A0fkSFD.jpg

w0d3zlt.jpg

271256 Have read that and its just not making sense, and we are talking about catch-able legendaries here.

Making them trade-able wont hurt the game's economy, i can assure you that.

Yes its rewards as the staff mentioned "In PRO, legendaries are considered rare rewards that players can only obtain after completing long quest-lines and investing enough time and effort." but, its just not right to give rewards with RNG factor when you can only try it once!! not to mention everyone put same amount of time and effort to do the same quest. It's like LUCK are above EVERYTHING, you can't even beat the LUCK factor with EFFORTS and its very unhealthy for MMO environment. Can you name a famous MMO that put LUCK factor above EVERYTHING? when effort can't even beat the LUCK factor?

And as i mentioned before decent & epic legendaries give the owner a better edge and a wider option in team building and its not fair AT ALL.

other MMO will make legendaries with stable stats no matter what in worst cases legendaries like armors or swords will have diffrent with 1-2 increase or decrease stat and this not commen at all, so yes i go with u on what u said.

I think there's a super simple solution to this all. I think no one would need to trade their mew if there were to assurances: that you WILL synch it. Furthermore, that EVERY one of them have the same stats. For example, everyone's legendary has all 20 stats. It won't matter if they are untradable and you won't need to re-catch another.

:Angel:

PLUR

Peace, Love, Unity, and Respect

34ed087c-01ef-49cf-9db9-382a837b9c0e.jpg

Guest LiquidSnakeK

Please explain how a 600 base total stat pokemon such as mew with good IVs is going to create an advantage for a player in pvp? It functions the same exact way as any pokemon does save for a wider movepool. Other than that it is no different than any other pokemon in the OU tier that we currently use in pvp. I agree making them tradable won't hurt the economy.

As far as naming an MMO with PURE RNG factors. Guild Wars 2. In order to craft a legendary in that god forsaken game you have to THROW AWAY specific Items into a "Mystic Toilet". Doing this will possibly reward you with a REQUIRED piece in order to craft said legendary. Of course you could always buy the precursor, at the low cost of thousands of gold. But that's besides the point, if you want to play the game naturally it requires you to have patience and deal with sometimes horrible RNG. I guess the same can be said in PROs case regarding legendaries.

Someone up there stated that Syncs should ALWAYS work on legendary pokes, which is a silly idea at best. That would absolutely just throw the system off balance. If they ALWAYS work for legendaries they should always work for any pokemon in the game. Period. That would truly make them unfair to use in pvp.

Generally speaking I have no particular issue with legendaries in pvp, seeing as I've never bothered to catch one myself. But have gone against plenty in pvp, and just like any pokemon, they have significant counters.

I don't think banning them should be a considerable option but I do think it would be nice if somehow we could take away the RNG factor when IVs and Natures are generated. I agree with Futz on this one. Some people caught Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi but because of their IVs and Nature they are pretty useless in PvP. But when other people are lucky and get near perfect IVs and a perfect nature it is pretty unfair if you ask me. The main goal in establishing a PvP metagame is to make it as balanced as possible. But the current way of getting these legendary pokemon goes completely against this.