Effect %'s in pvp

Defusey

Does anyone else feel that confusion chance to hurt yourself is more than 50%? and another one I've noticed is ice beam seems to have more than a 10% chance to freeze. Is this just me being unlucky? Or do others feel the same way?

Tbh - I strongly feely like most % chances are currently incorrect. Crit chance being the main one. however i have frozen ppl with ice beam literally 5x straight.... then they unfreeze 1 turn after, and when im in PVP and theres literallt 1 thing that will make the opponent win such as a lucky crit, lucky freeze, lucky paralyze/full para, it ALWAYS happens, its like the game notices thats the 1 thing thats going to make u lose and it just does it... doesnt seem like correct % chances at all as often as it happens. im 29 and ive played pokemon for MANY years, and this game i crit more, freeze more, para more... everything more in 1 battle than i do in 10 battles on a normal pokemon game.

272561 Does anyone else feel that confusion chance to hurt yourself is more than 50%? and another one I've noticed is ice beam seems to have more than a 10% chance to freeze. Is this just me being unlucky? Or do others feel the same way?

I feel that way on confuse ray, literally hurt myself 3 times in a row, multiple times and at that point it is stronger than freeze/sleep and the match is pretty much over.

Guest LiquidSnakeK

If its one thing I feel, its that when I get confused or hit with scald its a 100% chance to hurt myself or get burned. But when I use it? Its like a 0.000000001% chance to get the burn or they hit themselves :devil:

Guest SugarRed9

I really noticed it on confusion. Confusion is supposed to last 1-4 turns with a 50% chance to hurt yourself. But on here it lasts all 4 turns the chance is 60-75% to hurt yourself.

272659 Ok. Since we know we are capable of fooling ourselves... What we feel doest matter. I feel the same way. But to be credible.. Run some statistics on chance based moves. That actually means something.

I mean when I play about 10 games in one day lose about about 270 rating due to each game hurting myself atleast 70% of the time. I just personally believe there is no way its 50-50

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL21lZGlhLmdpcGh5LmNvbS9tZWRpYS8yNnVmOEQ1NmJVT0JyYzNicS9naXBoeS5naWYifQ.jb9cNn_UqQKxCVQtds2gtGSimH0.gif

giphy.gif

I Feel the same as you guys, and I think the same when that happens like " my poke miss to much " when i lose due to this, same for when i lose because his only chance was to freeze / para me and he does, or the flinch 4 times in a row ( that happened to me a lot and mostly in a row against air slash by togekiss )

For the confuse ray, following my p.o.v since it is 50% which is litteraly 1/2 chance, we just notice even way more than the others which are 30% ~, for me, following my p.o.v this is logic.

But, If I'am a bit more objectives, I should consider all thoses times nothing like miss/para/crit etc happened, and I think we all forget thoses moment because we all think the same " its normal X factor doesnt happens since its only 30% / 40% "

So in my opinion, we tend to see and remind the time when we got raped due to the technical low % of possible miss / success ; more than thoses " normal " moment, when nothing happens and the match is played without any "randomluck" interaction.

I think if we count each round which didnt implied any para/burn/freeze/flinch etc etc , after few matches, so we might notice that after all everything is well done regarding that, I doubt it is so complicated to enter a % of something when you code a game, unless if the guy was drunk and miss typed everything :p

PCznf1X.png?1