Lag/freeze when tapping "Items" in a battle

Guest lampshadejaz

1. 1.

Guest lampshadejaz

So I'm seeing this strange behavior. I'm using a MAC and running the latest build. When I try to capture a pokemon by clicking on "Items" I get a busy spinner and the app will hang for about 1-2 minutes then it'll recover. Sometimes it'll hang forever and I have to force quit it. Note that it doesn't happen ALL the time, just sometimes. Can you file this as a bug and look into it? Let me know if you need more details.

yvefnQ8.png

H6S2UN4.png

Thanks

It's not Mac related, as I get this on the PC. Really annoying, as it usually happens when I am farming for a while looking for a specific poke, like say...Dratini. One finally shows and then the screen freezes. I do hope the programmers will look into this.

I have discovered a work-around for you: If you are doing as I do, and move/run continually looking for a poke, that if early on in your farming session, hit the items button (no matter what poke is up), and let it load, then it seems to pop up instantly thereafter. So when that Dratini finally does show its face, you won't have a freeze screen to stare at, wondering if you're going to lose your catch.

I only have a small sample of experience on this thus far, but so far that has worked out for me....

Have had this problem on my side aswell, eversince i started playing. Doubt its on my end with having a good gaming pc and good internet.

12124124.png.a9ca649c7c911546604fd9055517a0f3.png

Check Out My Shop; Click Me

I Am Strong Because I've Been Weak. I Am Fearless Because I've Been Afraid. I Am Wise Because I've Been Foolish.

IGN: Pelfie - Shiny Wild OT Count: 54 - Guild: Fluffy Nation - Game Time: +2200Hrs - Server: Silver

279290 So I'm seeing this strange behavior. I'm using a MAC and running the latest build. When I try to capture a pokemon by clicking on "Items" I get a busy spinner and the app will hang for about 1-2 minutes then it'll recover. Sometimes it'll hang forever and I have to force quit it. Note that it doesn't happen ALL the time, just sometimes. Can you file this as a bug and look into it? Let me know if you need more details.

yvefnQ8.png

H6S2UN4.png

Thanks

Hi,

This is a known issue, always been there; the more you battle without opening your backpack, the longer the game will freeze when you will open it.

So far, there are only 2 ways to "reset the freeze time bomb" :

- Completely close your client and launch the game again, but if you need a ball for a shiny or so after 3 hours without closing it, you're good for 5-6min of freeze;

- Open your bag* every now and then -even if you don't want to use any item- ; I myself open it every 10 minutes or so, it takes 4 or 5 seconds to open but at least I don't fear getting kicked out for inactivity because I didn't find any poké worth to be caught in the past 6 hours

EDIT: *opening it in battle (thought it would be worth pointing that out)

Guest lampshadejaz
279290 So I'm seeing this strange behavior. I'm using a MAC and running the latest build. When I try to capture a pokemon by clicking on "Items" I get a busy spinner and the app will hang for about 1-2 minutes then it'll recover. Sometimes it'll hang forever and I have to force quit it. Note that it doesn't happen ALL the time, just sometimes. Can you file this as a bug and look into it? Let me know if you need more details.

Thanks

Hi,

This is a known issue, always been there; the more you battle without opening your backpack, the longer the game will freeze when you will open it.

So far, there are only 2 ways to "reset the freeze time bomb" :

- Completely close your client and launch the game again, but if you need a ball for a shiny or so after 3 hours without closing it, you're good for 5-6min of freeze;

- Open your bag every now and then -even if you don't want to use any item- ; I myself open it every 10 minutes or so, it takes 4 or 5 seconds to open but at least I don't fear getting kicked out for inactivity because I didn't find any poké worth to be caught in the past 6 hours

Ahhh that makes sense. Thanks for letting me know. Yeah this bug has cost me some good pokemon... I'll work around it for now by opening every 10 min or so. Thanks for the heads up!

So does it matter if I open up the backpack in battle or the backpack from the bottom left non-battle menu?

Also, what if I get rid of lots of my items? Any chance that'll reduce the pain of this bug?

279303 So does it matter if I open up the backpack in battle or the backpack from the bottom left non-battle menu?

Yeah, that's why I edited my post; it has to be the one in battle, at least that's the conclusion I made when I started to understand the behavior of that backpack freeze thing, haven't done other tests recently as I'm now too used to open the bag for nothing x)

279303 Also, what if I get rid of lots of my items? Any chance that'll reduce the pain of this bug?

Mh, I really can't say; when I didn't have too many items, it was the beginning so I needed pokeballs/potions often; now that I don't, I have waaaaay too many items to get rid of them and try x)

Guest lampshadejaz
279303 So does it matter if I open up the backpack in battle or the backpack from the bottom left non-battle menu?

Yeah, that's why I edited my post; it has to be the one in battle, at least that's the conclusion I made when I started to understand the behavior of that backpack freeze thing, haven't done other tests recently as I'm now too used to open the bag for nothing x)

279303 Also, what if I get rid of lots of my items? Any chance that'll reduce the pain of this bug?

Mh, I really can't say; when I didn't have too many items, it was the beginning so I needed pokeballs/potions often; now that I don't, I have waaaaay too many items to get rid of them and try x)

Ok, thanks again. I recently bought a couple hundred pokeballs... I was wondering if that was the issue. I could sell a lot of useless berries, but I don't want to trash the pokeballs.