False swipe not working against Sableye

Guest lampshadejaz

Guest lampshadejaz

So I tried catching a Sableye and used false swipe against it. But it was "completely ineffective".

Do all Sableye's resist False Swipe? The Sableye had the ability Stall, does that have something to do with it? Do I need to use something like Odor Sleuth, Scrappy, or Soak to make it False Swipeable? Or how else should I catch these things?

Thanks

285947 So I tried catching a Sableye and used false swipe against it. But it was "completely ineffective".

Do all Sableye's resist False Swipe? The Sableye had the ability Stall, does that have something to do with it? Do I need to use something like Odor Sleuth, Scrappy, or Soak to make it False Swipeable? Or how else should I catch these things?

Thanks

Sableye is ghost/dark, false swipe is normal.

Norma is completely ineffective against ghost type :/

Guest lampshadejaz
285970 Personally, I'd recommend putting sableye to sleep or using paralysis on it.

Rather than damaging it at all? Just status it then throw pokeballs?

Guest lampshadejaz
285948 False swipe is a normal move. Normal move doesn't work on ghost type.

Ahh good point! I did not notice that. I'll look and see if Scyther can learn something like soak to cast it into a water type so I can use false swipe

285990 Ahh good point! I did not notice that. I'll look and see if Scyther can learn something like soak to cast it into a water type so I can use false swipe

Locked since problem resolved

DO NOT contact staff members for private support.

Please share the question on the FORUM due to being of use to others.

Who PMed me will get a Free Pokeball and lose 99k.