Suggestion for Suggestions

Miles

What would change: I propose better organization within the Suggestions forum and a simple set of rules to be posted and pinned/stickied.

• First, move Things that are not to be introduced in PRO and Things i don't like in PRO to Suggestions where they belong.
    They belong here because they both deal specifically with player suggestions and feedback; they're not truly general game talk in essence. In addition, it doesn't make any sense to place a list of rejected suggestions anywhere but in Suggestions... to me, at least.

• Second, create a subforum in Suggestions titled "Accepted," and consistently move suggestions that are acknowledged and accepted there.

This is superior to simply tagging threads as "Accepted" or something like that because all a user has to do is go into the Accepted subforum to see all of them nicely grouped together.

As for the rules themselves:

1. Before posting a suggestion, please search for and use the thread that has already covered it, if one exists.

This is to prevent at least some repeat threads. Of course, we'll still get people who aren't aware of their surroundings at all and just come trampling through Suggestions asking for more server slots. The hope is that we might avoid some of it.

2. Limit your suggestions to one per thread.

This is to prevent chaos; otherwise, if a thread picks up, there could be twenty different discussions over ten different suggestions going on at once, which isn't beneficial in any way to PRO, the community, or the original poster. This is also better for finding threads of a particular topic, which is what we want people to be able to do so they can follow Rule #1.

3. Do not make nonconstructive posts in Suggestions.

This is to prevent personal arguments or attacks.

Why should it change: Currently, the PRO Forum is a bit disorganized in some areas, and this will not correct itself if left alone. Therefore, we must take action to create a better, cleaner, and more functional forum. I believe these changes are all interrelated and will play a vital part in helping the Suggestions forum, and thus the PRO Forum overall.

When should it change: As soon as a day, maybe two at the latest depending on how busy staff is. All things considered, implementing this suggestion is pretty simple and it wouldn't take very long or much effort at all.

Well if people would actually read around/actually listen to what staff says, we wouldn't have to do that.

Most common suggestions

-Breeding (NO)

-Fly (NO)

-Auction house (planned)

If i didn't know any better I'd swear some players come make suggestions before even setting their first foot into the pokemon world.

dweiRlA.png

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

41092 Would be moving suggestions all day...
If only the amount of effort less than minimal effort wasn't no effort, am I right?
Well played.

Say, Pretentious, can you give me a figure of how many seconds it takes you to move a thread to a nearby forum? Because there are 86,400 in a day, and I want to count how many are left if somebody has to move a handful of good community suggestions per day. We'll say five, after the old accepted threads are moved and everything stabilizes, even though it'll probably be less. Assuming the literal worst forum staff ever spends 1/20th (1.2 hours/4,320 seconds) of his or her day on PRO, and one third of that is spent doing forum duties (24 minutes/1,440 seconds)... is anyone actually moving suggestions all day? That's without any help, by the way, so if that one person composed the entire forum staff of PRO, this is how much time it would take to maintain an organized Suggestions forum. If you want, you can deduct from the final amount of time spent in the event that more than one forum mod is doing something other than nothing, but I don't think that's even necessary.

Just breaking that down took more effort and consideration than Lentz's post. It's downright insulting to offer none in your critique of someone's suggestion where your main focus of criticism is, ironically, effort. In my humble opinion, that's very not okay, especially from staff.

EDIT: And now you're blaming players, instead of thinking of positive ways to alleviate the issue.

41168 Right, or they could check out https://idea.informer.com/ or similiar sites.

I don't know how this approach would fare as I've only seen something like it in action for staff content planning, not global suggestions, but it feels like a waste of the forums if we rely on third party solutions/tools for something that we can set up here almost as easily. Actually, I think it'd probably be easier for staff to clean up the Suggestions forum because everyone already knows how to use the forums, but they'd have to learn to use those sites. Same goes for normal players.

41153 Well if people would actually read around/actually listen to what staff says, we wouldn't have to do that.

Most common suggestions

-Breeding (NO)

-Fly (NO)

-Auction house (planned)

If i didn't know any better I'd swear some players come make suggestions before even setting their first foot into the pokemon world.

well they don't listen, so honestly it is better than letting the section be flooded with repetitive threads over all making the section grossly disorganized. take whatever approach you figure would be the best, but none the less some changes do need to be made to this section.

all i'm saying is; it is annoying having to filter through tons of the same stuff, when all someone should have to do is one simple search to find the one suggestion that has been articulated the best. frankly i am tired of reading through repetitive suggestions so poorly written it is hard to understand what exactly they are even suggesting, when there is a thread that explains it better buried beyond even being worth digging up.

& you wonder why some people become frustrated when they don't receive an official response & this is probably part of that problem. would be easier for staff to do so if the section was like i said, actually organized, with some sort of guidelines in place.

LISQEZ3.gif