Ban for sleep cause by effect spore

Sceo

1. 1.

In PRO there is a sleep cause rule, you can't put more than 1 Pokemon to sleep, well, understandable ofc.

https://prntscr.com/d2zhch

However, EffectSpore is an ability that has the possibility to put the opponents poke to sleep.

https://prntscr.com/d2zhzt

10% chance to paralyze, poison or sleep, so to be exact 3,3% chance to cause sleep to the opponent when the opponent makes physical contact.

In Showdown it's not possible to put a second poke to sleep, this ability is not working completely when an opponent is already sleeping, in PRO it is working, you get even banned for this shit, the thing is, yeah you put the opponent to sleep, was it your choice tho? NO, no it wasn't, basically it was the opponent his choice to attack you so his choice to get put to sleep by this ability? What I want to get with this topic? As staff you should use your brain, not follow the rules because the rules are the rules, use your brain. For my part these rules gets changed to the point where EffectSpore isn't something to get banned for, if the staff nowadays lost their brain... :Ambivalent:

Touché, just because it's in the rules it doesn't mean that it's always right and just, sometimes people needs to think outside of the box and listen. There are alot of variables to be considered in every scenario, people shouldn't act like a horse with blinkers on.

h37v6JP.jpg

300151 In Showdown it's not possible to put a second poke to sleep, this ability is not working completely when an opponent is already sleeping, in PRO it is working, you get even banned for this [Censored], the thing is, yeah you put the opponent to sleep, was it your choice tho? NO, no it wasn't, basically it was the opponent his choice to attack you so his choice to get put to sleep by this ability? What I want to get with this topic? As staff you should use your brain, not follow the rules because the rules are the rules, use your brain. For my part these rules gets changed to the point where EffectSpore isn't something to get banned for, if the staff nowadays lost their brain... :Ambivalent:

From the point of a gm who handles pvp reports:

If someone reports a Sleep clause we see the two pokemons put to sleep and ask for the screenshot of their pokemons, to check if they have rest. If they don't have rest there is enough evidence. Yet if you got banned because of this there is a forum called "discipline section" if you deliver us sufficient evidence on your case than we unban you and will issue a punishment for the reporter since he did make a false report (be it intended or not), atleast a warning will be issued which is one step from a quiet/temporary ban.

I personally don't get why you write this in an official Forum while you could have put it into appeal section and be unbanned on instant, yet you complain (there is a complaint forum) in general game talk and badtalk staff for one normal ban where you could also talk with us. We're not biting, we are not biased. If we ever are biased on our ban desicion than our leader or the player himself will complain. This is the wrong approach.

faggots_sig.png

Cause I want to get this known to people that are banned for this reason, I know a guy that said in the appeal it was because of his poke with EffectSpore, did he get unbanned? Nope, had to be banned apparently... As you can read in my post, what I want to reach is that that rule gets changed, banned for such nonsense is just shit. Banning for such nonsense is just killing the playerbase in my opinion. Not something we want in PRO.

Can you prove us that this really happen? I mean, if it's truth you are right in my opinion.

The staff has to implement a system that denies you from putting an opponent to sleep when they have already 1 pokemon sleeping, like showdown. Thats the real "sleepclause"...

Without this, you lose strategic things too.

1) Lets say the opponent has 1 pokemon that sleeps and 4 turns are over, and he is faster than you. Now using spore might be the best move, but if he swaps you put to sleep 2 pokemons so you cant do it.

2) Lets say you are vs a chansey, that sleeps. You predict he has nc and he switches out, so you can sleep the 2nd pokemon after blissey get the status cured. Thats a good move, but your opponent has a serene grace blissey and you get ban

300173 As you can read in my post, what I want to reach is that that rule gets changed, banned for such nonsense is just [Censored]. Banning for such nonsense is just killing the playerbase in my opinion. Not something we want in PRO.

As you said already, the chance that this will happen is very low. If you appeal and explain your case with effect spore than you are unbanned and the other user is punished for delivering fake evidence.

300151 For my part these rules gets changed to the point where EffectSpore isn't something to get banned for, if the staff nowadays lost their brain... :Ambivalent:

300173 As you can read in my post, what I want to reach is that that rule gets changed, banned for such nonsense is just [Censored].

All i see is you ranting about that case, as i said appeal and show us the pokemon, further steps are taken after that. Indeed it's a really bad move of the reporter to report the issue, however we're as said, punishing this, as it would be a fake report to get someone banned.

faggots_sig.png

shane or other script could made sleep clause as 'automatic', if already there one pokemon of your 'enemy' sleeping, if you use spore, sleep powder, effect spore whatever ( sometimes we can forget that already has a pokemon sleeping) will appear a message saying " you can't put another pokemon to sleep for now, you've lost this turn".

sorry my english

300173 As you can read in my post, what I want to reach is that that rule gets changed, banned for such nonsense is just [Censored]. Banning for such nonsense is just killing the playerbase in my opinion. Not something we want in PRO.

As you said already, the chance that this will happen is very low. If you appeal and explain your case with effect spore than you are unbanned and the other user is punished for delivering fake evidence.

300151 For my part these rules gets changed to the point where EffectSpore isn't something to get banned for, if the staff nowadays lost their brain... :Ambivalent:

300173 As you can read in my post, what I want to reach is that that rule gets changed, banned for such nonsense is just [Censored].

All i see is you ranting about that case, as i said appeal and show us the pokemon, further steps are taken after that. Indeed it's a really bad move of the reporter to report the issue, however we're as said, punishing this, as it would be a fake report to get someone banned.

Why would I make this topic if the guy that said the opponent got put to sleep by his EffectSpore was unbanned after? As said earlier, the guy had to sit through his ban and live with it, even after appealing with that the opponent got put to sleep by the EffectSpore ability.

This is not my case, this was someone his case which appealed with the reason you gave for an unban, however he didn't get any, luckily we both agree on that he should be unbanned after his appeal...

Same nonsense goes for getting banned cause you were 'bullying' someone with that he will get banned if he sell the poke to you since you both agreed on place.

i agree with you 110% because this does not really need to be posted here just go to the ban appeals and you can be easily be unban just the other day my friend got accidentally banned and i just told him to go get an appeal and he was instantly unbanned you guys should not be bad talking the staff because they work sooo hard every single day we need to apprecite them beause without them we would not have this great game :Shy:

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2FibG9hZC5kZS9pbWcvbmlja3o1YThxLnBuZyJ9.KG40FVikvJIM4qyypUMWM7ysaOE?width=400&height=200

[glow=red]"In this world,where ever there is light - there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exists, there must also be loosers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars, and hatred is born to protect love."[/glow]

300208 they work sooo hard every single day we need to apprecite them beause without them we would not have this great game

Can i just highlight this bit and say thankyou Nick, this is unfortunately a rarity, but thankyou for your words of appreciation.

ZUtC0zO.png

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on forums, as this can then be of use to others. Please use proper forum when posting. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.