Dragon Age (game) series

Wargreymon

1. 1.

tJeBU9yl.jpg

Dragon Age is one of the the best RPG games to date. It consists of 3 main titles with some DLC contents and expansions. I'm going to cover the main games and the expansion now:

Dragon Age:Origins

The game is set in Ferelden, one of several countries that makes up the mythical continent of Thedas. The game opens with an animation which details the origins of demonic creatures called the darkspawn, that dwell within the Deep Roads, an underground highway system created by the dwarves long ago, deep beneath the surface of Thedas. Every few hundred years, the darkspawn swarm the surface world in a movement known as a Blight. Beginning with the first Blight, Thedas relied on the legendary order of warriors known as the Grey Wardens to drive the darkspawn back. Dragon Age: Origins begins on the eve of Thedas's fifth Blight.

Thedas is a land with a long history, and a great deal of lore is associated with it. Much of this lore is reflected in the player character's Origin Story, whatever it may be: for instance, elves are often viewed as second class citizens by humans, while the human noble is treated with respect.[27] Mages, on the other hand, begin their Origin Stories cloistered by the Chantry: mages have access to the Fade, the non-conscious realm that is home to spirits, and may be possessed by demons if they lapse in vigilance. Apostate mages, who live outside the Chantry's control, are considered extremely dangerous, and the Chantry's militant wing, the Templars, are tasked with seeking them out and subduing them by any means necessary.

Expansion pack Awakening

Set six months after the events of Dragon Age: Origins in the land of Amaranthine, Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening places the player in the role of a Grey Warden trying to rebuild the order while also dealing with political matters as the Arl of Amaranthine.

Named the Warden Commander, the player travels to Vigil's Keep to assume command of the Grey Wardens there. However, the keep is discovered to have been assaulted by Darkspawn, and something amiss is noticed as such an organized attack would have taken an intelligent leader to direct, something thought impossible without the presence of an Archdemon. The player is able to clear the keep with the aid of Mhairi, an able female warrior, and two others: Anders, an apostate mage who seeks refuge away from the Tower of Magi, and Oghren. A new, talking Darkspawn, a Disciple, is discovered to have been the leader of the enemy forces and is defeated. With the keep secured, the player then sets forth on a journey to help garner support for the Grey Wardens and new recruits to join the order's ranks while also looking for clues as to solve the mystery of the intelligent Darkspawn.

Dragon Age II

Set in the mythical world of Thedas, Dragon Age II tells the story of Hawke,[2] who fled the nation of Ferelden during the events of Dragon Age: Origins and traveled across the Waking Sea to the Free Marches and the city of Kirkwall as a refugee. Within the span of a decade, Hawke would rise in power and influence to become the legendary "Champion of Kirkwall", and the center of events that change the course of Thedas. The story unfolds through flashbacks from the perspective of Varric, one of Hawke's companions who relates the Champion's "true story" to Cassandra Pentaghast, his interrogator. The story is told in three acts; a gap of almost three years separates each act from the subsequent one. Dragon Age II has a linear frame narrative, mainly based on the protagonist's choices.[2][4] Although the player has a great influence on how the story develops, the game's main plot remains unaltered until the very last quest where the player must choose one of the two endings.

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Dragon Age: Inquisition is set in the continent of Thedas, the fantasy world in which the two previous games are set. The game covers more geographic territory than its predecessors, with one map being described as four to five times the size of Ferelden, the setting of the first game in the series.[12] The developers said that the next game would likely be somewhere more "French", which fans recognize as the land of Orlais.[20] Following the events described in the supplementary novels Dragon Age: Asunder and The Masked Empire, a civil war between the loyalists of the ruling Empress and a powerful noble faction led by her cousin, Grand Duke Gaspard, broke out in Orlais. Simultaneously, the Circle of Magi has gone rogue, in part due to the events of Dragon Age II, and the Templar Order seceded from the Chantry to wage their own civil war on the mages.

The area traversable in Inquisition is much larger than both Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age II, and is said to cover two countries and the land between. The countries are: Ferelden (setting of Dragon Age: Origins) and Orlais, with a land known as the Dales located within

Also the trailers of each of the games

j5St9phiHHE

p0yh6DX8pZ8

jlACgYHtWCI

jJqxfkgSUog

If you played the series please post your opinions and theories.

I played dragon age 2 - it was fun, but since playing MMOs like wow and online fps like COD modern warfare I find it hard to stay entertained by single player games.

I really liked the voice acting, the class customization and the world, but in the end the story didn't suck me in, and I never finished it. My rating would be 7/10, though incomplete.

buddha333.gif

"One is not called noble who harms living beings. By not harming living beings one is called noble."

Signatures made by

Annazhee (Jungle Buddha sig) and Chappy (Abra Buddha Sig) <3

I played dragon age 2 - it was fun, but since playing MMOs like wow and online fps like COD modern warfare I find it hard to stay entertained by single player games.

I really liked the voice acting, the class customization and the world, but in the end the story didn't suck me in, and I never finished it. My rating would be 7/10, though incomplete.

A note: DA II is the worst of the games. It has got the crappiest story out of them all.

Anyways Origins is a must-play game for every RPG player while Inquisition is looking like skyrim (more focused on exploring)