1st time team

Sarfix

So, this is the first time that I've attempted to build a team. If you guys could let me know if this is viable or if there is anything that might make it a little better.

Breloom - Adamant - Poison Heal - Toxic Orb

SuperPower

Facade

Bullet Seed

Sword Dance

Tyranitar - Adamant - Sand Stream - Not Sure on Hold item maybe Smooth Rock?

Stone Edge

Crunch

Ice Fang

Earthquake

Magnezone - Timid - Magnet Pull - Again not sure on item

Hidden Power Fire

Volt Switch

Thunderbolt

Flash Cannon

Starmie - Timid - Natural Cure - Leftovers

Rapid Spin

Hydro Pump

Recover

Psyshock

Skarmony - Bold - Sturdy - Rocky Helmet

Spikes

Roost

Brave Bird

Whirlwind

Seismatoad - Bold - Water Absorb - Leftovers

Stealth Rock

Scald

Toxic

Knock Off

320464 So, this is the first time that I've attempted to build a team. If you guys could let me know if this is viable or if there is anything that might make it a little better.

SuperPower

Facade

Bullet Seed

Sword Dance

Stone Edge

Crunch

Ice Fang

Earthquake

Hidden Power Fire

Volt Switch

Thunderbolt

Flash Cannon

Rapid Spin

Hydro Pump

Recover

Psyshock

Spikes

Roost

Brave Bird

Whirlwind

Stealth Rock

Scald

Toxic

Knock Off

some things to consider

Ttar- could run a lum berry-since u dont have any real reason to keep sand up longer, could add dragon dance as a move

magnezone- could run a magnet or metal coat for more dmg if it would guarantee a OHKO on a particular dangerous foe, no need for lum

starmie- same as magnezone, if ur evs are in speed and sp atk ur not going to get much out of leftovers. you are going to need to add ice beam ,this is a must imo for

Garchomp/tangrowth/dragonite/etc. id remove recover. prob need thunderbolt to not get walled by enemy starmie's and slobrow.

beware starmie is gothitelle bait and can do nothing but get set up on.

skarmory- rocky helmet not coded, prob run leftovers, since ur bold u could swap brave B with roost-but u lack a ghost to block spins.

320464 So, this is the first time that I've attempted to build a team. If you guys could let me know if this is viable or if there is anything that might make it a little better.

SuperPower

Facade

Bullet Seed

Sword Dance

Stone Edge

Crunch

Ice Fang

Earthquake

Hidden Power Fire

Volt Switch

Thunderbolt

Flash Cannon

Rapid Spin

Hydro Pump

Recover

Psyshock

Spikes

Roost

Brave Bird

Whirlwind

Stealth Rock

Scald

Toxic

Knock Off

one thing you should understand is that breloom needs spore 100% it allows him to sword dance safely and instead of facade rock tomb is better since it lowers the spd and also can deal with talonflames if switched. Also rocky helmet isnt in game and instead recover thunderbolt is better for starmie^^ but its your choice. Recover is for a more bulky starmie.

These are all awesome suggestions. I really appreciate the input. I'll definitely be replacing recover with thunderbolt on Starmie, and changing out the moveset on Breloom a bit to include spore and possibly Rock Tomb. The problem here is that Spore can easily swap out with facade, but if I want to include Rock Tomb I would have to cut one of the two STAB moves that feel somewhat important.

Also, pertaining to Enforcer's last comment. do you think I should include a Ghost type on my lineup to block spins? If I do add a Ghost type which poke should I cut? I think I would consider adding Chandelure?

As someone already said you need to use spore as breelom, if you dont use spore machamp/conkeldurr/heracross are more useful.

On the tyranitar you should use superpower instead of eartquake, for hitting other pokemons such as tyranitar, chansey, ferrothorn,snorlax ect. Ice fang can work vs garchomp/dragonite and pursuit vs gengar/alakazam/low hp pokemons. I guess that's a draw choice and you should pick whatever you prefer.

You should use a relaxed nature to seismatoad, so knock off has more damage. And why skarmory bold instead of impish?

The team overal is well build, I think. Maybe you need at very least a priority move since your team is slow

EDIT: rock tomb on breelom is NOT a must, vs talon you just swap to tyranitar and you are fine.

One thing i would note is your team is generally weak to fire, and almost every team currently runs Talonflame, you have Breloom, Skarmory and Magnezone all weak to fire - Breloom also weak to flying which Talonflame offers (boosted by Gale Wings). I would possibly switch one of these around. Although you have Tyranitar and Seismitoad to counter the Talon, if they are taken out a single Talon could one-tap your team with 1 SD.

ZUtC0zO.png

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on forums, as this can then be of use to others. Please use proper forum when posting. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

Breloom - Spore must have (for facade), the rest is ok, u dont need rock tomb essentially, u could consider mach punch too. But without technician maybe not that good. Furthermore Breloom is pretty slow in comparison to other sweepers, so a jolly nature might be favorable in case u stay with Toxic Orb breloom.

Ada is good for technician, so your mach punch hurts even more.

Dont forget that just shroomish learns Spore, u cant teach it breloom. So take care before evolving. ;)

Tyranitar - Crunch/Stone Edge, STAB, strong, both very nice to have. Item u asked, hard stone black glasses to boost these, even leftovers are good. ( especially if u invest many EV into HP). Since u dont have sand team u dont necessarily need smooth rock, but its ok since u have 2 other steel types in your team. A move like Superpower is better for coverage, totally agree. Im not a fan of Ice fang or EQ on him but hey why not. Would change one of the moves for superpower.

I personally like a nature like relaxed (and a defensive orientated EV-Set), so u can give him FireBlast to hurt pokes like scizor, magnezone, ferrothorn, skarmory. TT has a pretty nice base spatk.

Magnezone Item Magnet, pretty simpel. :) Not many options u have atm in PRO. Moveset is great. Main reason for its existence is magnet pull HP fire.

Starmie - As previous ppl said, dont use recovery on timid sweeper starmie. If u use bold starmie or smth lie this with hp/def investment recovery is awesome. ;)

Instead T-bolt u can also think about Ice-beam. Better vs grass type switch ins or dragons or smth like garchomp.

Im personally not a fan of hydro pump if i can use scald, cause of the Acc., but thats up to u, its a hard hitting water move which might 2 HKO smth what scald cant do for u.

Skarmory - BOLD? eh, no! Go impish or careful. If u run brave bird u dont want -Atk. xd I like the set, BB, Roost, Whirlwind, Spikes. you are good to go. :) Iron head is fine too, stealth rock also if u dont have other stealth rocker setter. But u have. Rocky helmet doesnt work, just go leftis.

Seismitoad - The Set u wanna run is fine, but scald is spatk and knock off atk-move. So u definitly need Relaxed-nature. U can go Earth power instead of knock off for STAB ground move and dont use knock off if u want to.

In general - I think your team can work well, i dont see a hugh fire weakness here like other ppl. I mean u got starmie, TT and seismitoad which all resist fire. What might be a problem is that your team is overall slow ( besides starmie) and u have no Prio-user. So a Technician mach punch breloom might do the trick for u. But u gonna find out if u have your team in practice. U can totally use it and have fun with these constellation. ;)

Gl & Hf. :Heart: