No Guard & Fissure

Beoleo

• 2 weeks later...

Also, just checked to see where the discussion lead to. About the level...i tried it only in victory road vs wild pokemon so all pokemon were lower....and no, sturdy was not the reason, because if it hit and sturdy was activated the wild pokemon had 1 hp left.

In wiki it is wrktten that the acc is lowered if its a lower level. Not that it will fail. As no guard ignores acc it should always land.

I dont know hiw to get the developers attention about this. Would appresiate to at least an answer about it being fixed or about me forgetting my PvE solution poke.

From a dev that is, because no matter how nice and helpfull the community is, they cant fix this!

327343 For machamp no guard is for the move dynamic punch purpose, however fissure is a bannable move in pvp

Pls read my comment above. I clearly said PvE. I didnt know back when i started training my poke that it is bannable. And it doesnt even matter because i am far off being able to compete in PvP.

And about No Guard. No it is not. Its a ability that should let you hit with any attack and also let yourself be hit by the same. So if you have the oppinion that dynamic punch suites the ability its fine, but stating that its the only purpose of said ability is wrong.

This thread reminds me, people who has the Gen 1 games in 3DS Virtual Console are teaching their Machop line the move Fissure in Gen 1 games, in hopes that when transferred to Gen 7, it gains the ability No Guard, thus making No Guard + Fissure a legitimate combo.

Mainly because OHKO moves like Fissure IS affected by No Guard in the official games.

• 2 weeks later...
330905 Did it miss, or did it fail.

It will tell you ingame.

Sorry for not responding as early. It stated that it failed.

Just for reference when i use it against a pokemon of higher level it will fail (always) and when i use it again lower level it will fail sometimes. Though that is not how Fissure was intended.

[...]it cannot affect a Pokémon of a higher level. The accuracy of Fissure depends on the level of the user and the level of the target and is worked out with the formula: Accuracy = ((level of user - level of target) + 30)%[...]"

Now i got here already a uestion...cause it does say it can not affect of higher level it makes sense, but

if the formular is programmed the way it is shown it still should.

User Level 100

Target Level 120

((100-120)+30)% = +10%

As it does have Accuracity (didnt reach 0%) i think it should still affect target. What is correct the sentence or the formula? or is both correct in a sense that it will always fail if Acc is below 30%.

Secondary as I mentioned. If my Pokemon is of Higher level then it should always have a acc or at least 30%. Now if that is correct then it shouldnt fail but miss. But in my case it certainly fails (in the correstponding rates), which should not happen as no guard is intended to make a ability always hit.

I can even accept that i wont be able to do Bosses with this Poke but i at least want to oneshot every other pokemon level 100 or less with 100% hitrate. It could at least be used as a elite 4 cleaner (for friends if i ever get them to join me in this game^^).

In Short

It does not Miss it fails in corresponding acc. Never hit a higher level pokemon either.